Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby JK » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:16 pm

HH3 wrote:I dont think they can get you in the carpark coz its private property.

Thats what I thought too. One sat in the drive-thru at the local and pinged a coupla blokes so they must be able to.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:19 pm

HH3 wrote:So you guys want to be bothered while you're out eating your tea instead of on the way home when it really doesnt effect you other than adding 5 mins to your trip.

And Heater, if they see you pissing in the street, they should definitely talk to you.

There are different police working on the meth problem. They're busting the manufacturers, instead of wasting all their time and resources on the lowly dealers. Cut the head off and the body will die.

I couldn't give two shits who wants to talk to me while I'm having a beer, as long as I don't miss my race.

I'm of the other line of thinking with the dealers, keep nabbing them on the streets and it will send a scare factor throughout the ones that do it.
They often bring the sniffer dogs through the Reepham yet I've never seen them nab 1 person, most of the patrons are over 50 and a cone would send them to sleep for the rest of the evening. It's probably the quietest most docile pub in the metropolitan area, it's like the cops think it's still like it was in the 90's when Tubemakers and the Railway yards were in full swing and there were titties there each week.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4351 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:20 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Simple really, funding. If you want more police policing, then something else has to give....but we're getting way to political now and FC will be in with a stiff broom shortly. ;)

I think it's the general consensus that they only seem to want to focus on the easy revenue raising issues opposed to getting the scum off of the streets.

There's too much scum for them to get them all mate. There will always be criminals, and there will always be people that blame the police for the crime level.

Absolutely, but it's not hard to pick out when a deal is happening.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Spam emails telling me it isn't too late to spoil my dad for Father's Day.....................I've replied to all of them thanking them of the reminder.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Your local constable Joe is not hired to get that sort of scum off the streets. That's why we have feds and Detectives and special squads.

I think you have unusually high expectations of constable joe

If you're having a whinge because the cops catch someone that's .02 over the limit, imagine if that person who's .02 over the limit caused an accident that killed someone in your family.

The Reepham must be the singular most robbed and targeted pub for criminals and bikies in the state - you're both in lala land if you can't understand why the cops target it :roll:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:Simple really, funding. If you want more police policing, then something else has to give....but we're getting way to political now and FC will be in with a stiff broom shortly. ;)

I think it's the general consensus that they only seem to want to focus on the easy revenue raising issues opposed to getting the scum off of the streets.

There's too much scum for them to get them all mate. There will always be criminals, and there will always be people that blame the police for the crime level.

Absolutely, but it's not hard to pick out when a deal is happening.

Like FC said, uniformed cops arent gonna stand around at pubs waiting for deals to happen. Plus it would only take one bust before the crims relocate their deals anyway.

If they're that big of an operation, there's probably surveillance on them anyone, and the drug squad would go after the source first.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Your local constable Joe is not hired to get that sort of scum off the streets. That's why we have feds and Detectives and special squads.

If you're having a whinge because the cops catch someone that's .02 over the limit, imagine if that person who's .02 over the limit caused an accident that killed someone in your family.

The Reepham must be the singular most robbed and targeted pub for criminals and bikies in the state - you're both in lala land if you can't understand why the cops target it :roll:

Oh dear, that is the dumbest comment I've read on here, 95% of the front bar patrons would never of even owned a bike.
Yeah, the drive thru has been robbed a few times over the past few years, by the meth heads that drift up from down the road.
They catch no one, they are all seasoned drinkers that stop in for a chat and a quiet beer, that is what we're on about.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:35 pm

HH3 wrote:
Like FC said, uniformed cops arent gonna stand around at pubs waiting for deals to happen. Plus it would only take one bust before the crims relocate their deals anyway.

If they're that big of an operation, there's probably surveillance on them anyone, and the drug squad would go after the source first.

But they'll sit in an unmarked car in the dark and try to nab a bloke who has 2 kids with him hoping that he's been drinking?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Your local constable Joe is not hired to get that sort of scum off the streets. That's why we have feds and Detectives and special squads.

Never seen a bikie or someone I'd regard as a criminal there in the 8 months I've been drinking there. Yes the drive thru does get targeted for robberies but not by patrons, its detached and near Kilburn which makes it a target.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2063 times
Been liked: 3923 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

But they'll sit in an unmarked car in the dark and try to nab a bloke who has 2 kids with him hoping that he's been drinking?

Maybe they want to make sure that poor bloke hasn't been drinking and endangering 2 kids lives.

They may have been there to prevent another robbery.

But that doesn't matter, coz cops do nothing right.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Wedgie wrote:Why cant they be preventitive and educational instead of trying to catch people drunk in a car?
Go into the pubs, talk to patrons, give them free breath tests, if people are over the limit they can catch a cab or walk.
But we know its all about quotas and if they get someone at .051 for driving 5 metres in the car park its much more important than confronting meth dealers laundering humdreds of thousands in the same pub after midnight.

They are plenty educational. Every second ad on TV and during the footy is a drink driving ad, same with billboards along roads.

Why would they come into the pub if there is already the breatho in there that you can use?

If you get done for drink driving you have no excuse really (and yep, I have drove home drunk lots of times, doesnt make it right)

Lightning McQueen wrote:But they'll sit in an unmarked car in the dark and try to nab a bloke who has 2 kids with him hoping that he's been drinking?

if you are drink driving with two kids in the car you deserve to be pinged
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:41 pm

HH3 wrote:
Maybe they want to make sure that poor bloke hasn't been drinking and endangering 2 kids lives.

That's a little extreme, they do plenty of good for the community, there's no point arguing for the sake of arguing, their success rate of getting drink drivers at the said pub is virtually zero so they should focus their manpower in less time wasting exercises, that's all I'm saying.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:41 pm

bennymacca wrote:if you are drink driving with two kids in the car you deserve to be pinged

And that would be one of the most important times for them to check if you're pissed.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Why cant they be preventitive and educational instead of trying to catch people drunk in a car?
Go into the pubs, talk to patrons, give them free breath tests, if people are over the limit they can catch a cab or walk.
But we know its all about quotas and if they get someone at .051 for driving 5 metres in the car park its much more important than confronting meth dealers laundering humdreds of thousands in the same pub after midnight.

They are plenty educational. Every second ad on TV and during the footy is a drink driving ad, same with billboards along roads.

Why would they come into the pub if there is already the breatho in there that you can use?

If you get done for drink driving you have no excuse really (and yep, I have drove home drunk lots of times, doesnt make it right)

Lightning McQueen wrote:But they'll sit in an unmarked car in the dark and try to nab a bloke who has 2 kids with him hoping that he's been drinking?

if you are drink driving with two kids in the car you deserve to be pinged

I blew zero mate and they seemed disappointed after marching towards me, putting their hats on like they were straight out AMW.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 pm

so what are you worried about then?

Got no issue with cops pulling me over for a breath test, and I would rather they do it then than hassle me inside the pub.

(Used to be funny at the Freeling pub when the word would get out that the cops were around, because everyone would groan at having to walk home haha. I used to specifically park my car in a way that i didnt have to make any turns to get home.

Once again, doesnt make it right, maybe i should have got done back in the day
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 pm

There's plenty of pubs they could nab people 2 or 3 times over the limit, plenty of pubs they could nab parents of two kids drunk and not one that had been drinking cokes.
I'be worked in an investigative section before, all they need to do is have a bit of nouse, community knowledge and intelligence and they could be doing a ten times better job for the community ans spending our tax payers money more efficiently.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:48 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

That's a little extreme, they do plenty of good for the community, there's no point arguing for the sake of arguing, their success rate of getting drink drivers at the said pub is virtually zero so they should focus their manpower in less time wasting exercises, that's all I'm saying.

Thats a matter of opinion. I dont think breathos are time wasting exercises. No matter which pub they're set up near. The one near the Reepham would also catch people heading into and out of town (depending which side its on) trying to avoid Main North Road.

There's usually a method to the madness.

Do you think the police wanna stand out in the cold not catching anyone? They set up where they think they'll catch the most people. And if someone is caught, thats their own fault.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 pm

HH3 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
HH3 wrote:

Thats a matter of opinion. I dont think breathos are time wasting exercises. No matter which pub they're set up near. The one near the Reepham would also catch people heading into and out of town (depending which side its on) trying to avoid Main North Road.

There's usually a method to the madness.

Do you think the police wanna stand out in the cold not catching anyone? They set up where they think they'll catch the most people. And if someone is caught, thats their own fault.

There was no breatho, just an unmarked car tar getting people parked in the car park.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:so what are you worried about then?

Got no issue with cops pulling me over for a breath test, and I would rather they do it then than hassle me inside the pub.

(Used to be funny at the Freeling pub when the word would get out that the cops were around, because everyone would groan at having to walk home haha. I used to specifically park my car in a way that i didnt have to make any turns to get home.

Once again, doesnt make it right, maybe i should have got done back in the day

I was merely entering the discussion of how I see wasted tax payer money, I am entitled to an opinion and in the 3 years that I've frequented the said establishment I have never seen them make a succesful arrest of a drink driver, I have however seen drug deals taking place on several occasions.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby HH3 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Wedgie wrote:There's plenty of pubs they could nab people 2 or 3 times over the limit, plenty of pubs they could nab parents of two kids drunk and not one that had been drinking cokes.
I'be worked in an investigative section before, all they need to do is have a bit of nouse, community knowledge and intelligence and they could be doing a ten times better job for the community ans spending our tax payers money more efficiently.

How do you know they aren't at those pubs too. Do you carry a police scanner everywhere?

Criticizing police is the most ignorant thing people do these days.

If its an inconvenience, people just cry "revenue raising!" or "I know how to do their job better!"
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion