Things that give you the sh1ts

Anything!

Re: Things that give you the sh1ts

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:21 pm

No problem with you disagreeing with me H3. I dare say there would be at least a decade difference in our age and we obviously have different careers, families and social expectation.

The card or something written not just because it's the right thing to do or social convention, It is hugely important as they will last but memories will fade and this is a one time event signifying your life long union. You asked me did they congratulate me? Dunno the day is a massive whirlwind.

One of my mates took the time to write a personalised letter on his personal stationary and we loved it and it will go on our wedding album.

Not sure if you have a sister but if you do and she has 6 kids and doesn't give you a card and you can be happy with that then fair play to you. I think her Poor form was selfish and hard to defend. The bitch also ate my dessert

Obviously I don't know details of your nuptials and reception but being 7 months away I assure you that if you went to the effort we went to create an unforgettable occasion for all involved you have got a truckload of work to pull it all together. At the conclusion of these dozens of wedding preps I didn't know existed you are happy with no gesture from your guests or family I will be very surprised but stand corrected.

Benny did make an interesting point. So I'm assuming no wishing well, no registry, no honeymoon contribution and no gift table will be part of the wedding.??? Genuine question. It is an interesting discussion to have as I at least have an insight into my sisters point of view as my wife isn't ready to laugh it off just yet.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:32 pm

We have a wishing well, but it is entirely up to the guests if they want to put something in it.

We have organised a photobooth sort of set up where anyone can take pics and they will be put in a book. They all get a page each and if they dont want to do that, that is fine. That as well as our professional photography will take care of our memories.

Ours is hopefully gonna be a pretty laid back affair, and more of a party than anything else.

Its still costing us about $15k, and that is our decision.

I guarantee people that come will be of the same mind as you guys and put cards and personalised stuff in the well. Thats fine and we will appreciate that. But if somebody doesnt, and is just there enjoying themselves with us, that is good too.

I just think people stress to much over something that in my opinion, doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I probably would have posted how happy i was to get married on the weekend on a different thread, rather than complain about a card on this one ;)

just taking the piss mate.

I dont know the dynamic of your relationship with your sister either. So i cant comment on that.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:47 pm

HH3 wrote:We have a wishing well, but it is entirely up to the guests if they want to put something in it.

We have organised a photobooth sort of set up where anyone can take pics and they will be put in a book. They all get a page each and if they dont want to do that, that is fine. That as well as our professional photography will take care of our memories.

Ours is hopefully gonna be a pretty laid back affair, and more of a party than anything else.

I guarantee people that come will be of the same mind as you guys and put cards and personalised stuff in the well. Thats fine and we will appreciate that. But if somebody doesnt, and is just there enjoying themselves with us, that is good too.

I just think people stress to much over something that in my opinion, doesnt really matter in the grand scheme of things.

I probably would have posted how happy i was to get married on the weekend on a different thread, rather than complain about a card on this one ;)

I dont know the dynamic of your relationship with your sister either. So i cant comment on that.

That's the great thing about playing for North Haven, seasons over by June so the wedding is no major inconvenience to have during footy season ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 861 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:50 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
HH3 wrote:We have a wishing well, but it is entirely up to the guests if they want to put something in it.

That's the great thing about playing for North Haven, seasons over by June so the wedding is no major inconvenience to have during footy season ;)

pretty sure the clubs been in 5 GFs in the last 3 years.....

...dont ask how many we won ;)
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Unless you make it clear that the wishing well is optional, social convention dictates it is very much not optional.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:38 pm

HH3 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

how many have you won?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3065 times
Been liked: 2432 times

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:40 pm

bennymacca wrote:Unless you make it clear that the wishing well is optional, social convention dictates it is very much not optional.

**** social convention
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
HH3 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:

how many have you won?

I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:42 pm

HH3 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Unless you make it clear that the wishing well is optional, social convention dictates it is very much not optional.

**** social convention

It's fair enough for you to think that but i can guarantee the vast majority of your guests will think otherwise. Which means you are having a bit of a bet each way on this...
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Don't ask how much our wedding is costing.
I wish I was good at footy so I got paid to play....

I think your meant to leave the complaining about the wedding up to the guests too.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:48 pm

There are people that are thankful to have loved ones at their wedding
And there are people who count the money from the wishing well the night of their wedding.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Johno6 wrote:There are people that are thankful to have loved ones at their wedding
And there are people who count the money from the wishing well the night of their wedding.

Johno goes BANG!

PS. you arent helping discourage people thinking we're the same person mate haha
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 pm

I think I'm the batman and your the Bruce Wayne.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:53 pm

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:

**** social convention

It's fair enough for you to think that but i can guarantee the vast majority of your guests will think otherwise. Which means you are having a bit of a bet each way on this...

I think you're taking what im saying the wrong way.

Wishing wells, cards, presents etc are fine and i appreciate anything anyone gives us...

BUT... i couldnt care less if nobody got us anything, and i wont feel any animosity toward somebody that doesnt give us anything, because at the end of the day, who gives a ****
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:54 pm

You don't have weddings for the presents/money.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:56 pm

If your having a wedding to make money. Your in for a rude shock

There is more to life than money. Like sex. And watching sport.
Or sex while watching sport.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 pm

You don't do it for making money but I completely agree with wristwatcher on this
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:07 pm

I don't even know what's happening. I'm just bored as shit and can't sleep now after pretty much fallin asleep all day at my desk.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby HH3 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:22 pm

Johno6 wrote:I think I'm the batman and your the Bruce Wayne.

Im Superman and you're Louis
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Johno6 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:24 pm

But we are the same person.

If we're not the same ppl then im B1. Your B2