Council rates

Anything!

Re: Council rates

Postby westcoastpanther » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:40 pm

tipper wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:And anyone who says they only get their bin emptied should not be commenting on the issue. NFI

Thanks WCP, you've just backed up my point.

Cheers

Spot the Council workers!! ;)

they are the ones leaning on their shovels? ;)

On Safooty!!
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby mickey » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:51 pm

Only on scheduled breaks

Or whenever the **** I feel like it ;)
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:37 pm

westcoastpanther wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
westcoastpanther wrote:And anyone who says they only get their bin emptied should not be commenting on the issue. NFI

Thanks WCP, you've just backed up my point.

Cheers

Spot the Council workers!! ;)

Not me! I'm outta there now.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby StrayDog » Fri May 15, 2015 3:39 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Discussion in the office this morning was a colleague who has just received her council rates - City of Playford.

Her house is valued at $141k (according to the council) - and her yearly rates are $1200! :shock: :shock: she said all she gets is the bins collected and has to even pay extra if she wants her green bin emptied (not sure if any Playford rate payers can confirm)

I must admit I'm a bit surprised by this.

I think the green waste was about $50 p. a. for the Playford area as per arrangement with NAWMA.

However, the council has been absorbing the green waste costs across its budget since last September. The service is now available across the board with no additional cost outside the Rates, and it looks likely that your colleague could have got some money back pro-rata (if she was already using the service in 2014.)

http://playford.sa.gov.au/webdata/resou ... 20FAQs.pdf
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1159 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Pag » Tue May 19, 2015 12:56 pm

StrayDog wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Discussion in the office this morning was a colleague who has just received her council rates - City of Playford.

Her house is valued at $141k (according to the council) - and her yearly rates are $1200! :shock: :shock: she said all she gets is the bins collected and has to even pay extra if she wants her green bin emptied (not sure if any Playford rate payers can confirm)

I must admit I'm a bit surprised by this.

I think the green waste was about $50 p. a. for the Playford area as per arrangement with NAWMA.

However, the council has been absorbing the green waste costs across its budget since last September. The service is now available across the board with no additional cost outside the Rates, and it looks likely that your colleague could have got some money back pro-rata (if she was already using the service in 2014.)

http://playford.sa.gov.au/webdata/resou ... 20FAQs.pdf

$1200 p/a for a house worth $141k is surely a mistake?

I pay $1200 for a house valued at around $320k by City of TTG and am more than happy to pay for where we live. Not quite sure I'd be willing to cough up what she is, though.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion