Duromine vs Professional athlete

Losing Weight, Health, Body Building, Fitness, Exercising, Nutrition, etc.

Re: Duromine vs Professional athlete

Postby cheetah » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Alot more over the counter drugs with more "horrific" sides than duromine. One thing you are taught in RN studies is there is no such thing as the perfect drug. All drugs have the potential 2 cause side effects. Duromine is a three month course 2 help people lose weight by suppressing appettite. The three month course of this medication is 2 help people develop better eating habits and exercise routines. The 3 months is because scientific studies have shown it takes this long 2 break peoples habits. Dont always believe what you read on the net.
Last edited by cheetah on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby kickinit » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:59 pm

cheetah wrote:Alot more over the counter drugs with more "horrific" sides than duromine. One thing you are taught in RN studies is there is no such thing as the perfect drug. All drugs have the potential 2 cause side effects. I would say my mate hasnt had everything handed 2 him on a plate. Rehab with various injuries. Carrying his one year old boy with a broken hand and ribs 2kms on a 40 degree day bare foot after a car crash. So the guy gets help 2 lose weight and his character is called into question? Bit below the belt.

don't think wedgie was calling his character into question, he was just saying you don't need support. I think you should of said having support is great. If a person has determination and wants to lose weight then there going to do it. Even though you don't want the people around you to be putting temptation in your face you also have to respect them and not expect there going to change just because of you.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby PPLions » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm

cheetah wrote:Alot more over the counter drugs with more "horrific" sides than duromine. One thing you are taught in RN studies is there is no such thing as the perfect drug. All drugs have the potential 2 cause side effects. I would say my mate hasnt had everything handed 2 him on a plate. Rehab with various injuries. Carrying his one year old boy with a broken hand and ribs 2kms on a 40 degree day bare foot after a car crash. So the guy gets help 2 lose weight and his character is called into question? Bit below the belt.

And don't forget fighting Apollo Creed and Rocky Balboa.
All jokes aside no one should be questioning Drago's character. He has been hit with a few shells and walks with a limp.
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:06 pm

Noone's questioning his character, I just said the statement that EVERYONE needed support was absolute crap as most people I know that have done similar with no drugs needed no support whatsoever.
I reckon its great what he's doing and if anything should be thankful as it put the ideas/insperation in my head for this extra forum which may be of use to a lot of people.
:D
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Squids » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Why can't we all agree on that different things work for different people. Some people need a solid support network while others can do it by themselves. Everyone is different, just because something worked for you it doesn't mean it will work for the next guy.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Wedgie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Squids wrote:Why can't we all agree on that different things work for different people. Some people need a solid support network while others can do it by themselves. Everyone is different, just because something worked for you it doesn't mean it will work for the next guy.

I think most of us do mate, hence why I took issue with someone saying how something was required for EVERYONE which was far from the truth.
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2151 times
Been liked: 4090 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cheetah » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 am

last weeks pix compared to this weeks
Attachments
4th feb.png
4th feb.png (406.66 KiB) Viewed 370 times
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby cheetah » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:09 am

No real noticeable weightloss by pics. weighed in at 83.2kgs. So lost acoulpe of kgs this week. Drago used this week 2 really look at his diet this week. Did have a big night watching geale v mundine.
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby PPLions » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Sensational work by Drago. =D> =D>
How much longer will Drago be on duromine?
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby dedja » Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:53 pm

LOL, more Dorothy Dixers than Parliament ... :lol:
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1204 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm

cheetah wrote:Alot more over the counter drugs with more "horrific" sides than duromine. One thing you are taught in RN studies is there is no such thing as the perfect drug. All drugs have the potential 2 cause side effects. Duromine is a three month course 2 help people lose weight by suppressing appettite. The three month course of this medication is 2 help people develop better eating habits and exercise routines. The 3 months is because scientific studies have shown it takes this long 2 break peoples habits. Dont always believe what you read on the net.

3 months pffft if you wanna change your life then your going to change your life. i'm sure is drago got told he had 6 months to live he would of changed his pretty quick without duromine
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:58 pm

kickinit wrote:
3 months pffft if you wanna change your life then your going to change your life.

Well he obviously does want to change his life and is.

Have you got ya tight budgie smugglers on again.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:08 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
kickinit wrote:
3 months pffft if you wanna change your life then your going to change your life.

Well he obviously does want to change his life and is.

Have you got ya tight budgie smugglers on again.

Didn't say he didn't, I'm sure anyone would change there habits if they where told they had 6 months to live if they didn't
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:12 pm

Who has 6 months to live?
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby dedja » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Cassius Clay ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

This post has not been approved by Dave from Alberton.
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1204 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm

Well I'm sure he will start eating better and exercising, so he might get an extra 2 weeks.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:Who has 6 months to live?

It was a example. I know I would changed habits if I got told that
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby cheetah » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Didn't say he didn't, I'm sure anyone would change there habits if they where told they had 6 months to live if they didn't[/quote]

If I was told i had 6 months 2 live, there is plenty of other things i would be doing than getting cut! Kickinit you listed your supps, why do you take those? Serious question. Also what does dorothy dixers mean?
9km training
cheetah
Under 16s

Postby RustyCage » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:48 pm

cheetah wrote: Also what does dorothy dixers mean?

In Australian politics, a Dorothy Dixer is a rehearsed or planted question asked of a government Minister by a backbencher of his/her own political party during Parliamentary Question Time.
The term is used in a mildly derogatory sense. Often, the question has been written by the Minister or his/her staff rather than by the questioner, and is used to give the Minister a chance to promote themselves or the work of the Government, or to criticise the opposition party's policies, to raise the profile of the backbench Member asking the question, or to consume the time available for questioning and thereby avoid tougher questions. It is a common and widely-accepted tactic during Question Time in the House of Representatives and the Senate.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 934 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:45 pm

cheetah wrote:Didn't say he didn't, I'm sure anyone would change there habits if they where told they had 6 months to live if they didn't

If I was told i had 6 months 2 live, there is plenty of other things i would be doing than getting cut! Kickinit you listed your supps, why do you take those? Serious question. Also what does dorothy dixers mean?[/quote]

so you have a chance to live if you change your bad eating habbits, but you'll decided to keep your bad eating habbits and die?

I take supplements so I can achieve my daily macro's. It also gives me the chance to changed up my diet so i'm not having the same thing over and over again. It also adds convience and allows me to stay on track with my diet. While i'm bulking there's no way I can eat enough to be able to achieve what I need to without supplements. While i'm cutting yeh there's days when I could go without using it and I have done so in the past.

would I recommend the use of supplements, unless you understand what it is going to do for you and how it fits in your diet then yes. If you think it's going to get you ripped for that next music festival then by having a shake and lifting some weight saying "light weight" then no, not until you understand your diet and training program.
kickinit
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Health & Fitness