Cars

Cars, V8 racing, F1 racing, motorbikes, vintage, new, mechanical

Re: Cars

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:57 pm

The XT goes in for some rust repairs and closed door respray next week. Can't wait for it to be finished off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7497 times
Been liked: 10784 times

Postby dedja » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:01 pm

dedja wrote:Who still maintains and services their car?

As a family with 5 cars, I now service them all.

I still enjoy doing as much maintenance as I can, especially with the oldest car, a 2003 Mk4 Golf, which has some challenging electrical and canbus gremlins (par for the course with his model). I've managed to conquer most of them, but there's still one or 2 that have so far eluded me.

This has been the kid's hand-me-down first car for a few years now, and despite their best efforts to kill it, I've managed to resurrect it when insurance wanted to write it off. Pays to know a good repairer who is willing to be creative.

Literally 30 mins after I posted this, I get a call from my wife that our daughter’s car won’t start. Yep, the Mk4 Golf.

Jump start, new battery and now good as gold.

Nice of both of them to sit in the cars whilst I jump started in pouring rain. :roll:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Jase » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:35 am

So, just to get this out of the way, I know Sweet Fanny Adam’s about cars, my son bought a 2013 Barina and has had nothing but trouble…. He works permanent part time so doesn’t have a heap of money and has the chance of picking up a 2015 Renault Clio which is fully serviced blah blah blah, etc etc…

Are Renault a good car?

The person selling it is a mechanic that my Father in Law uses and recommends, but after the Barina disaster are Renaults OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Postby dedja » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:06 am

If you don’t know anything about cars then find someone who does to help inspect. I suspect you’re jumping out of the pan into the fire going from a Barina to a Clio, but really don’t know without personally inspecting.

Also, do a PPSR check, which verifies whether the vehicle has finance, has been stolen or previously written off. It will be the best $2 you’ve ever spent

https://www.ppsr.gov.au/
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:55 am

I want a grand Cherokee jeep.
I know they've had their issues but hoping to get a goodun.
Anyone got or had one with major problems?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 502 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby dedja » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:58 am

tigerpie wrote:I want a grand Cherokee jeep.
I know they've had their issues but hoping to get a goodun.
Anyone got or had one with major problems?

dedja
Coach

Postby Jase » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:18 pm

dedja wrote:If you don’t know anything about cars then find someone who does to help inspect. I suspect you’re jumping out of the pan into the fire going from a Barina to a Clio, but really don’t know without personally inspecting.

Also, do a PPSR check, which verifies whether the vehicle has finance, has been stolen or previously written off. It will be the best $2 you’ve ever spent

https://www.ppsr.gov.au/

Thanks Dedja...

There is also the option of a Lancer, which we have had Mitsi's before and they have been awesome...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 552 times

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Motoring/Motorsport