Crown Melbourne Accom

Holidays, where, to go, how to get there, travel stories.

Crown Melbourne Accom

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:24 pm

Interested in people's opinion of the various parts of the Crown in Melbourne if they've stayed there.
Now that Geelong aren't in the finals I get to book a heap of holidays, wish they'd do this most years!
Got a concert to go to at the Crown so thought might as well as make the most of it and do it in class.
What's the best place to stay (and money isn't really a factor)?
Towers, Metropol or Promenade?
I've heard Towers is the best but Metropol is newer and better value and to give the Promenade a miss?
Is it worth getting a room with Crystal Club access?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Re: Crown Melbourne Accom

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:12 am

Wedgie wrote:Interested in people's opinion of the various parts of the Crown in Melbourne if they've stayed there.
Now that Geelong aren't in the finals I get to book a heap of holidays, wish they'd do this most years!
Got a concert to go to at the Crown so thought might as well as make the most of it and do it in class.
What's the best place to stay (and money isn't really a factor)?
Towers, Metropol or Promenade?
I've heard Towers is the best but Metropol is newer and better value and to give the Promenade a miss?
Is it worth getting a room with Crystal Club access?

So do we
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Wedgie » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:23 am

Yep, just make it to the finals in the premiership years and it would save me a lot of money and nervousness for nothing! :D
Anyway, booked a room in the posh part of the Towers including Crystal Club access, might run into a celeb or two during the inclusive cocktail time. :)

PS Thank for your input Gadj, see you at Prospect this week. Look out though, I'm doing the Pres Lunch, you'll find me slumped on one of the tables outside the Pavilion. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby gadj1976 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:37 am

Wedgie wrote:Yep, just make it to the finals in the premiership years and it would save me a lot of money and nervousness for nothing! :D
Anyway, booked a room in the posh part of the Towers including Crystal Club access, might run into a celeb or two during the inclusive cocktail time. :)

PS Thank for your input Gadj, see you at Prospect this week. Look out though, I'm doing the Pres Lunch, you'll find me slumped on one of the tables outside the Pavilion. :lol:

Hahahaha! If only..... it's been 10 years since we last made it to finals - so it's time for you to share it around :-) I will be at Elizabeth - long story but I'd rather be at Prospect for that game, should be a ripper.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Pag » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 pm

Stayed in the Promenade a couple of years ago which is the cheapest of the three and thought it was decent value for the deal I got (perhaps $250/night). Probably isn't that anymore but anything more than that I couldn't justify.

Promenade - Metropol - Towers in order of price/class, cheapest to most expensive.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:54 pm

Pag wrote:Stayed in the Promenade a couple of years ago which is the cheapest of the three and thought it was decent value for the deal I got (perhaps $250/night). Probably isn't that anymore but anything more than that I couldn't justify.

Promenade - Metropol - Towers in order of price/class, cheapest to most expensive.

Yep have stayed in all 3, Towers if you can stretch that far price wise. Metropol is really nice. Promenade is fine, but more of a budget version of the other 2.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Board index   General Talk  Travel