NCAAF

Any other sports

Re: NCAAF

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:43 am

Brodlach wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Another season starting this weekend. There's a bit on ESPN but doesn't appear as much as usual, hopefully this week isn't the norm for content.

I reckon the first two weeks are always a bit light on until all the major teams start playing

Cheers.
Not real fussed as Notre Dame are playing Navy in Ireland at 4am our time and I never expected a game in Ireland to get covered.
Mind you I'm assuming/hoping the ESPN app still shows a lot of games not on ESPN/Fox.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:21 pm

Out of curiosity because i love watching the US college sports systems.

How did you guys pick your favourite team, i've tried to pick a team but just can't get emotionally attached to a US college i have no affiliation with whatsoever.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:27 pm

whufc wrote:Out of curiosity because i love watching the US college sports systems.

How did you guys pick your favourite team, i've tried to pick a team but just can't get emotionally attached to a US college i have no affiliation with whatsoever.

I liked Notre Dame's history, school system, values, class and the fact they're an independent. And I always choose teams that are midrange not dominating.
The movie Rudy confirmed it all too.
I also wanted to claim ownership over the song that Sydney and the old Port Adelaide stole. :lol:
I have a hat, polo and jumper already but the polo is my favourite being all green.
What a great mascot too, the fighting Irish! (I'm part Irish)

My son follows the Oregon Ducks just because he likes being different. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:40 pm

I’m a Clemson fan and have been for two decades closely followed by Notre Dame, also because of Rudy, one of my favorite movies
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 22, 2023 12:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:Out of curiosity because i love watching the US college sports systems.

I liked Notre Dame's history, school system, values, class and the fact they're an independent. And I always choose teams that are midrange not dominating.
The movie Rudy confirmed it all too.
I also wanted to claim ownership over the song that Sydney and the old Port Adelaide stole. :lol:
I have a hat, polo and jumper already but the polo is my favourite being all green.
What a great mascot too, the fighting Irish! (I'm part Irish)

My son follows the Oregon Ducks just because he likes being different. :lol:

Notre Dame is the closest i have came to having a team given my Irish heritage and the fact my partner is from Ireland. Also loved a 30/30 doco on Notre Dame but just havent 'got it' yet.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Brodlach » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:16 am

ND win 42-3 against Navy.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:37 pm

Plenty of live games over the weekend. LSU looked all over Florida State at halftime today but got absolutely spanked in the second half losing 45-24

My Clemson play tomorrow and is live on FOX
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:16 pm

Some controversial decisions made on who makes the playoffs after a nightmare weekend for the NCAAF!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports