Tri Nations

Any other sports

Re: Tri Nations

Postby JAS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:13 pm

Please god don't let that fool Lawrence ref any of the Autumn tests :roll: how in hell did he ever get to International level :?

Bring back Spreaders

Congrats MK and the AB's...Danny boy and Ritchie looking mighty cute there MK ;) :D

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:04 pm

I actually saw my brother in law twice in that crowd, unbelievable!
Long trip home for him after a loss!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3917 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby JAS » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:19 pm

Wedgie wrote:I actually saw my brother in law twice in that crowd, unbelievable!

OK going out on a limb here with a wild guess but I'd say he wasn't the horrendously obese, topless bloke with the Union flag??? :lol: ;)

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:25 pm

JAS wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I actually saw my brother in law twice in that crowd, unbelievable!

OK going out on a limb here with a wild guess but I'd say he wasn't the horrendously obese, topless bloke with the Union flag??? :lol: ;)

Regards
JAS

lol, correct, he's actually fit as a mallee bull but has a fully shaved bald head which stood out to me. Plus it being in HD on my new 50 inch Full HD Plasma would have helped, could almost see everyone in the crowd!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby godoubleblues » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:09 am

bloody congrats to MK again :(
well done to the AB's
it must be our turn soon

go the Wallabies
lets hope we do well on our European tour :roll:
godoubleblues
Coach

Grassroots Team: Millicent

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:43 pm

1ST time in 47 years that the wallabies have been defeated by the all blacks in one year
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby godoubleblues » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:35 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:1ST time in 47 years that the wallabies have been defeated by the all blacks in one year

certainly not a good record to take home, especially with a Kiwi as coach :roll: whats going on Robbie :shock:
but well done to the AB's, from what I saw they were by far the better team
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby MagicKiwi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:37 pm

#Stands and bows graciously#
Thanks guys - always good for us in the MK household when the female member is happy :D

A few things:

1. Mr Lawrence was more interested in how tilting his head could make his hair move in a particular way.... and then tilt it to the other side. Is particularly important when waiting for a decision from upstairs when the camera was on him - and then can give him time to berrate an unfortunate Japanese touch judge when he got tired of the head tilt.

2. James O'Connor might be a young superstar up and coming, but Drew Mitchell would've been a better option than him. That try Conrad Smith scored came after a textbook dummy that a more experienced player would've seen a mile off, brushed him off like a fly.

3. For JAS: Yes the boys look very good, Ritchie - lovely. Corey Jane will be a hit with the girls also....

Over to you JAS - northern hemisphere times now, you must be really looking forward to it. Mr MK and I are in Perth next weekend which takes two and a half hours off Central Daylight Time. So there's a good opportunity of being up for the Wallabies at least.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Wedgie » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm

MagicKiwi wrote:Over to you JAS - northern hemisphere times now

Exactly what hemisphere is Japan in MK and I would have though what side of the Earth you were on would impact more on times than what hemisphere you're in?
:lol:

PS Say gudday to the silent one from me. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby JAS » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:47 pm

MagicKiwi wrote:#Stands and bows graciously#
Thanks guys - always good for us in the MK household when the female member is happy :D

A few things:

1. Mr Lawrence was more interested in how tilting his head could make his hair move in a particular way.... and then tilt it to the other side. Is particularly important when waiting for a decision from upstairs when the camera was on him - and then can give him time to berrate an unfortunate Japanese touch judge when he got tired of the head tilt.

2. James O'Connor might be a young superstar up and coming, but Drew Mitchell would've been a better option than him. That try Conrad Smith scored came after a textbook dummy that a more experienced player would've seen a mile off, brushed him off like a fly.

3. For JAS: Yes the boys look very good, Ritchie - lovely. Corey Jane will be a hit with the girls also....

Over to you JAS - northern hemisphere times now, you must be really looking forward to it. Mr MK and I are in Perth next weekend which takes two and a half hours off Central Daylight Time. So there's a good opportunity of being up for the Wallabies at least.

Ignoring Mr Pedantic in the previous post ;) :lol: Yes MK can't wait for the Autumn tests to begin up here in the north. Hopefully most will be on the old terrestrial tv...failing that I've found a very nice chap online who helps us mere mortals out ;)

Praying they won't give Mark Lawrence a visa...don't think I can stand much more of him ~x(

If anyone wants the complete list of fixtures you can see all the dates here...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 776295.stm

We don't get to play your lovely boys this time but it'll be nice to see them beat England and picture the aged parent choking on his pipe in disgust :d

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby MagicKiwi » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:
MagicKiwi wrote:Over to you JAS - northern hemisphere times now

Exactly what hemisphere is Japan in MK and I would have though what side of the Earth you were on would impact more on times than what hemisphere you're in?
:lol:

PS Say gudday to the silent one from me. ;)

Noice one Wedgie - you know what I meant. And a big hello to Annie and the kids.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby JAS » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:41 pm

I'll definitely be able to watch Wales v AB's as it's on BBC but Murdoch's hogging England v Wallabies :evil: so need to look at an alternate for that one.

Normally wouldn't be too bothered about England but I want to see Wilkinson getting that big butt of his kicked ;)

If you haven't seen who you're playing against yet gdb this is from the BBC rugby pages...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8335133.stm

England team to face Australia: U Monye (Harlequins); M Cueto (Sale Sharks), D Hipkiss (Leicester), S Geraghty (Northampton), M Banahan (Bath); J Wilkinson (Toulon), D Care (Harlequins); T Payne (Wasps), S Thompson (Brive), D Wilson (Bath), L Deacon (Leicester), S Borthwick (Saracens, capt), T Croft (Leicester), L Moody (Leicester), J Crane (Leicester).

Replacements: D Hartley (Northampton), D Bell (Bath), C Lawes (Northampton), J Haskell (Stade Francais), P Hodgson (London Irish), A Goode (Brive), A Erinle (Biarritz).

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby godoubleblues » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:42 pm

JAS wrote:I'll definitely be able to watch Wales v AB's as it's on BBC but Murdoch's hogging England v Wallabies :evil: so need to look at an alternate for that one.

Normally wouldn't be too bothered about England but I want to see Wilkinson getting that big butt of his kicked ;)

If you haven't seen who you're playing against yet gdb this is from the BBC rugby pages...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/8335133.stm

England team to face Australia: U Monye (Harlequins); M Cueto (Sale Sharks), D Hipkiss (Leicester), S Geraghty (Northampton), M Banahan (Bath); J Wilkinson (Toulon), D Care (Harlequins); T Payne (Wasps), S Thompson (Brive), D Wilson (Bath), L Deacon (Leicester), S Borthwick (Saracens, capt), T Croft (Leicester), L Moody (Leicester), J Crane (Leicester).

Replacements: D Hartley (Northampton), D Bell (Bath), C Lawes (Northampton), J Haskell (Stade Francais), P Hodgson (London Irish), A Goode (Brive), A Erinle (Biarritz).

Regards
JAS

cheers for that JAS
and here is the Wallabies team

15. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies), 14. Peter Hynes (Queensland Reds), 13. Digby Ioane (Queensland Reds), 12. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds), 11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs), 10. Matt Giteau (Brumbies), 9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds), 8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs), 7. George Smith (Brumbies), 6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies, captain), 5. Mark Chisholm (Brumbies), 4. James Horwill (Queensland Reds), 3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies), 2. Stephen Moore (Brumbies), 1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)

Run on reserves: 16. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs), 17. Matt Dunning (Western Force), 18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs), 19. David Pocock (Western Force), 20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs), 21. Ryan Cross (Western Force) , 22. James O’Connor (Western Force)

good to see George Smith back in the run on team
also just noticed that Stirling Mortlock has been ruled out of the whole tour now
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:09 pm

Interesting to note that the Currie and ANZ Cup are still being played

I was in Hong Kong last year for the Bledisloe and was talking with John Mitchell about whether he thought the lack of a local competition like those cups hurts us. He said he thought it did and that we should set up a similar competition to those.

Is there any reason why we dont play it?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1079 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby JAS » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Thanks for that gdb.

We've lost Marcus Horan for the duration too...unspecified medical procedure after suffering dizziness in a Heineken Cup game in Oct...a bit worrying but expected to be ok to play again in the New Year.

Are you able to watch the game live (not having satellite) or would you like a link if I find one for myself ;)

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby godoubleblues » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Interesting to note that the Currie and ANZ Cup are still being played

I was in Hong Kong last year for the Bledisloe and was talking with John Mitchell about whether he thought the lack of a local competition like those cups hurts us. He said he thought it did and that we should set up a similar competition to those.

Is there any reason why we dont play it?

I dont know the answer to that one Jimmy
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby godoubleblues » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:07 pm

JAS wrote:Thanks for that gdb.

We've lost Marcus Horan for the duration too...unspecified medical procedure after suffering dizziness in a Heineken Cup game in Oct...a bit worrying but expected to be ok to play again in the New Year.

Are you able to watch the game live (not having satellite) or would you like a link if I find one for myself ;)

Regards
JAS

I just had a look at the timings and it seems that we get it live on free tv here, starts at 0100 our time
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby JAS » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 pm

godoubleblues wrote:
JAS wrote:Thanks for that gdb.

Regards
JAS

I just had a look at the timings and it seems that we get it live on free tv here, starts at 0100 our time

That's great...kick-off is 2:30pm here so you are definitely getting it live. Looks like my online guy is showing so woohoo and go the Wallabies and the AB's of course ;)

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

Postby godoubleblues » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:09 am

Wallabies win 18-9 after being down 5-9 at half time
second half tries to Will Genia and Adam Ashley-Cooper sealed the win

well done to the Wallabies, now for Ireland next weekend

a huge crowd of 82000
godoubleblues
Coach

Postby JAS » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:32 pm

godoubleblues wrote:Wallabies win 18-9 after being down 5-9 at half time
second half tries to Will Genia and Adam Ashley-Cooper sealed the win

well done to the Wallabies, now for Ireland next weekend

a huge crowd of 82000

Well done gdb.

Managed to see almost all the game...bit of a technomological malfunction in darkest Wales meant we all had to rush to another source at half time...I think the sheep stopped peddling :lol: .

Genia also made 'man of the match'...that first half was a bit worrying but your boys came good in the end.

Congarts to MK too...nice to see so many disappointed people filling the Millenium :lol: especially when 'the man the crowd mosted hated', it wasn't deliberate you Welsh idiots he's not a dirty player :roll:, was made 'man of the match' :D
The commentators mentioned what happened to the young deb, Zack Gillford?...poor love. Played in the U21 World Cup in Japan...his 44yo dad flew out to watch and suddenly died in the stands :shock: :( Unbelivably tragic but he did his old man proud yesterday and will for many games to come hopefully.

Regards
JAS

JAS
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports