Banning of Jumps Racing

Any other sports

Re: Banning of Jumps Racing

Postby bayman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:44 am

Dutchy wrote:My first horse I owned broke her leg in a flat race, very sad but thats the nature of racing - well not even racing, it could have done the same thing in the paddock, so not cruel at all

Interesting that when a jumps horse loses its jockey 95% of the time they continue running with the field and jump the hurdles

& off course more horses die in the paddock than on a track, & if a horse DID NOT WANT TO JUMP they are strong enough & occaisionally do refuse to jump
i thought secret groups were a thing of the past, well not on websites anyway
bayman
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby MagicKiwi » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:49 pm

bayman wrote:i do know a bit about this & you are wrong .....show me the real world & i'll show you what happens to horses at the abbatoirs (it isn't nice either) & i'd rather be a tool than a blinded bat

You know what they say about a little bit of knowledge. Good luck to you with that.
Red (and White)
Red (Backs)
All (Blacks)
MagicKiwi
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby pipers » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:18 pm

And another one dead today in Victoria...

Oh, and don't go blaming the animal rights advocates for the lower fences etc... those changes were not their recommendations... that was the industry's response to their calls for a total ban...

If the jumps racing industry seriously believes it is safe, then why does it feel the need to keep making changes to make it safer...
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby CK » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:50 pm

The vocal minority have won out.

A decision forced by people, a majority of whom really don't have any comprehension or understanding of the ramifications of what they are protesting about. Yes, there will be less horses die as a result of jumps racing.

Yes, undoubtedly and unquestionably also - a vast increase now in horses dying as a result of owners who will make the decision not to keep paying for their upkeep, and will cut their losses.

Too many of those who made vocal protests really don't understand the underlying issues behind it - and I am an animal lover myself very much. The brutal reality is that this decision will have the opposite overall effect of what many were protesting about.

That's not even considering the loss of employment in one of the country's largest employment streams in racing.
Can you guess where I'm calling from, the Las Vegas Hilton...
CK
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports