EPL Season 2013/2014

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: EPL Season 2013/2014

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Bully wrote:Swansea manager has been sacked

FFS what retards.

They might escape the drop this year as there are too many shite teams in it, but look for them next year. Moment of glory gone and good riddance
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:59 am

I ask for all supporters to watch the Viera / Keane doco

very interesting words said about fergie from keane . He was asked who was the best manager he played for in his career. I can tell you it wasn't fergie :D
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby JK » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Stilll pinching myself. WTF did that come from!! :D
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:33 pm

Bully wrote:I ask for all supporters to watch the Viera / Keane doco

very interesting words said about fergie from keane . He was asked who was the best manager he played for in his career. I can tell you it wasn't fergie :D

Have seen it and you are correct. Keane is a very bitter man and he has never made it secret they didnt get along. Over the 100's of players to play under Fergie 90% would say he is the best. You are never going to get along with everyone. Im sure there are plenty of Arsenal players who cant stand Wenger
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3562 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:48 pm

JK wrote:Stilll pinching myself. WTF did that come from!! :D

you should have won 8-0 at least JK. Your mob stopped after the 4th goal for some reason. perfect game for LFC to punish us even more so.

Look forward to the FA Caup on sunday for hopefully revenge :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:52 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Have seen it and you are correct. Keane is a very bitter man and he has never made it secret they didnt get along. Over the 100's of players to play under Fergie 90% would say he is the best. You are never going to get along with everyone. Im sure there are plenty of Arsenal players who cant stand Wenger

there are plenty .
Viera said it perfect in the doco. Arsenal has not won anything since he lifted the FA Cup due to Arsenal not having any real leaders in the group. Numerous leadership throughout his time with Tony, Keown even David to name a few. As playing AFL for a few years , even I know all teams must have a leader to put things right for players who are out of line.

I can guarantee last nights first 20 minutes would not have happened if Tony Adams was still in defence
Bully
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm

Bully wrote:

you should have won 8-0 at least JK. Your mob stopped after the 4th goal for some reason. perfect game for LFC to punish us even more so.

Mate you're too good a team to take that loss lying down, I'll be having a decent whack at Arsenal in that game I reckon.

Love the significance of the FA Cup, but I think for where we are at the 3 points last night was probably more important for us.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:12 pm

Bully wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

there are plenty .
Viera said it perfect in the doco. Arsenal has not won anything since he lifted the FA Cup due to Arsenal not having any real leaders in the group. Numerous leadership throughout his time with Tony, Keown even David to name a few. As playing AFL for a few years , even I know all teams must have a leader to put things right for players who are out of line.

I can guarantee last nights first 20 minutes would not have happened if Tony Adams was still in defence

You are spot on. Most successful clubs have a strong leader. That has been one of Arsenal's weakness' and has hindered their chances of winning any trophies. Looking through their current squad they dont have anyone who has that c**t about them which makes a strong leader
Jim05
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Bully wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

there are plenty .

You are spot on. Most successful clubs have a strong leader. That has been one of Arsenal's weakness' and has hindered their chances of winning any trophies. Looking through their current squad they dont have anyone who has that c**t about them which makes a strong leader

I haven't seen us bent over like that since the 8-2 game. In regards to the doco I love the part where keane says "just because sir Alex says it doesn't mean it's true". Maybe he was telling the truth about Clough. I've heard nothing but good things about him apart from how he finished his coaching career :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:24 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
I haven't seen us bent over like that since the 8-2 game. In regards to the doco I love the part where keane says "just because sir Alex says it doesn't mean it's true". Maybe he was telling the truth about Clough. I've heard nothing but good things about him apart from how he finished his coaching career :lol:

Fergie has been known to "distort" the facts a little over the years but to be fair he has been in the game forever and id doubt at his age he would be able to recall every moment of his career. It also helps him sell books lol.
Clough was a brilliant manager but he was a prick of a man at times as most managers of that era were. His greatest ability was getting players to bond together and bleed for him. He had plenty of ordinary players under him that were prepared to go into battle for him everytime they took to the pitch and thats what made his sides hard to beat
Jim05
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:07 am

JK wrote:
Bully wrote:

Mate you're too good a team to take that loss lying down, I'll be having a decent whack at Arsenal in that game I reckon.

Love the significance of the FA Cup, but I think for where we are at the 3 points last night was probably more important for us.

Geez you two get a room. I don't think I can cope with a Liverpool- Arsenal love in. I keep getting visions of Ozil stealing the wheels off a Citroën Picasso ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby westozfalcon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Aston Villa:

Eight Home losses to date this season! That is a disgrace for a club pulling 35,000 + for every Home game.

Paul Lambert is tactically clueless. With him it's cross-your-fingers management.
We just can't keep hold of the ball - < 30% possession a game is not uncommon.

Three consecutive relegation scraps and one common denominator - a Scottish manager. Ironically the last time we were relegated from the top flight, guess where our manager Billy McNeill hailed from?
Sir Alex Ferguson is the only decent Scottish manager in history. The rest are hacks.

Hopefully we can hang on to Premier League status and then kick Lambert into touch at season's end.
X(
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:42 pm

I think Fulham will be disappointed not to take 3 points off Man U on the weekend. Complete lack of flexibility shown by Moyes with regards to belting crosses into the box all day against a CB who is 6'7!

Did read a rather fitting quote which sums up exactly where Man U are at the moment.

"Moyes' United is like a group of drunks trying to unlock a door; you get the feeling that they've done it before but right now not one of them has a clue how to do it"
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Bully » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

well, time to turn the loss around

the lads better have their gaming boots on!!
Bully
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:47 pm

Chelsea are on par with Barcelona when it comes to whinging to the refs. By far the whingiest team in the EPL. It's embarrassing.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Bully » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:24 pm

I will be rightly pissed off if we don't surely beat these pricks tomorrow morn :twisted:
Bully
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:09 pm

Bully wrote:I will be rightly pissed off if we don't surely beat these pricks tomorrow morn :twisted:

A draw will be unacceptable. Win at all costs
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:03 pm

mighty hounds wrote:
Bully wrote:I will be rightly pissed off if we don't surely beat these pricks tomorrow morn :twisted:

A draw will be unacceptable. Win at all costs

Agree
Even the bottom side can draw with us.
Jim05
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:17 am

westozfalcon wrote:Aston Villa:

Eight Home losses to date this season! That is a disgrace for a club pulling 35,000 + for every Home game.

Paul Lambert is tactically clueless. With him it's cross-your-fingers management.
We just can't keep hold of the ball - < 30% possession a game is not uncommon.

Three consecutive relegation scraps and one common denominator - a Scottish manager. Ironically the last time we were relegated from the top flight, guess where our manager Billy McNeill hailed from?
Sir Alex Ferguson is the only decent Scottish manager in history. The rest are hacks.

Hopefully we can hang on to Premier League status and then kick Lambert into touch at season's end.
X(

Go on l'll bite. You can't be serious. JK over to you bud.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:20 am

O'oh
johntheclaret
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer