Burnley Season 2009 / 2010

EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup, The Championship, etc

Re: Burnley Season 2009 / 2010

Postby Bully » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:06 pm

burnely vs arsenal this wednesday night mate, maybe thats what you were thinking.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:04 am

Sure was DA.

Perfectly good disallowed and Sylvestre's arm and body was inside the box when we won the handball free. Whilst we were lucky not to be 2 down, Wenger will know he was lucky to come away with a point.

Then of course there was today.

Caldwell: too old too slow and is forever getting left for dead by whoever he is marking.
Bikey: Lazy, no effort, no interest and goes down like a souffle' in an open oven.
Alexander: Too old, too slow and when he isn't passing to the opposition, he is hoofing it aimlessly.
Jensen: Why the f%&k doesn't he catch the ball. (I may have asked this question before)

Another pathetic 2 - 0 loss to one of the bottom sides, another pathetic awayday effort and what is more disappointing is it came after that great game on Wednesday.

How can we be so crap away when we are almost unbeatable at Turf Moor? Stooopid lapses of concentration and stooopid errors are costing us dearly. It cost us 3 points against Villa, it cost us 2 goals against West Ham, it cost us 2 goals against Pompey, it gifted Arsenal the lead and now today, Jensen AGAIN, instead of collecting the ball, parries it to the danger zone and gifts them thier first. Caldwells pathetic attempt to tackle Doyle, gifted him thier second.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 am

johntheclaret wrote:Jensen: Why the f%&k doesn't he catch the ball. (I may have asked this question before)

Another pathetic 2 - 0 loss to one of the bottom sides, another pathetic awayday effort and what is more disappointing is it came after that great game on Wednesday.

How can we be so crap away when we are almost unbeatable at Turf Moor?

Very disappointing!
The Beast's effort was dismal unfortunately. He could not have parried that into a worse area.

I see Coyle is after Gareth Bale on loan. Not going to happen as Spurs will need him for cover while Benny Assou Ekotto is at the ACN. It would have been great for both Burnley and Bale if he could have secured a loan though.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:25 am

After that great goal by Bolton from a free kick, I guess it would be hard to have a pop at the defence this week. Bikey and Mike Duff Making his EPL debut) stood in for Carlisle and Caldwekk, and what a difference they made too. Bolton were restricted to two shots in open play and two from free kicks. Jensen had bugger all to do and wasn't at fault for the goal.

As for the claret attack, Fletcher missed two absolute sitters, and clearly shows he doesn't have what it takes for the EPL. No wonder Coyle is chasing another striker (from Marseille). As the stats will show, we created chance after chance in the 2nd half in what must be one of the most one sided 1/2's of football I've seen at Turf Moor for years.

We need Patto back and we need McCann in midfield. McDonald was outstanding today but he cant do it alone and it really is time that Alexander was "rested". He is a great penalty taker and a real trier but his age and skill level are making him a liability. Too slow and too many misplaced passes.

It's on to Everton tomorrow for another "6 pointer" and with a bit of luck and an unchanged back four we might just nick it. It'll be my first time to Goodison Park since god knows when, so please, please, please, don't let me down Burnley.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Well that's it I guess
Coyle is off to Bolton
My source at the club text me this am. Coyle will be meeting tomorrow and he will be off
So much for "I love it here and I have a job to do"
Bollocks :twisted: :twisted:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:22 am

just one of many who think Coyle is off

thanks to the Daily Mail

Coyle bids farewell to Burnley: Bolton chairman Gartside set to make official approach

Burnley manager Owen Coyle made a swift and silent exit following his side's 2-1 FA Cup third-round win at MK Dons as Bolton prepared to make an official approach for his services.
Bolton chairman Phil Gartside is a known admirer of Coyle. The 43-year-old Scot, a former Bolton player, made the shortlist for the job 15 months ago before the appointment of Gary Megson, who was sacked last week.

Yesterday, after lingering to applaud Burnley fans who had made the trip to Milton Keynes, Coyle sent assistant Sandy Stewart to speak to the media.
Burnley said their manager was on his way to catch a flight to Scotland to celebrate the new year with his parents. But Coyle was spotted in the tunnel 45 minutes after the match.
Stewart tried to play down Coyle's possible departure to fellow Premier League strugglers Bolton, saying: 'Until something happens it's total speculation.'
Asked whether he thought Coyle would leave, Stewart said: 'I honestly don't know. He loves Burnley. If you ask every player in the dressing room, they hope it was not his last match and they don't think it was.'

Just a note on Coyles 'supposed' farewell wave to the crowd. He always, always comes onto the pitch at the Burnley end and waves to the fans, home or away.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:28 am

johntheclaret wrote:Well that's it I guess
Coyle is off to Bolton
My source at the club text me this am. Coyle will be meeting tomorrow and he will be off

Lets hope your source heard this one wrong mate.
Agree on your post above regarding Patto - desperately needed back in midfield.

Huge game v Stoke on the weekend. 3 points are vital.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 am

devilsadvocate wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:Well that's it I guess
Coyle is off to Bolton

Lets hope your source heard this one wrong mate.
Agree on your post above regarding Patto - desperately needed back in midfield.

Huge game v Stoke on the weekend. 3 points are vital.

Yeah, this is one I definitely hope he's got wrong. Sandy Stewart (assistant manager) has posted on the official club website today, saying that both he and Coyle are very happy at Burnley.

Not that that necessarily means anything. a) it might not be SS who actually said that, b) Being happy and actually staying are two different things, c) Maybe SS is plugging for the vacancy when / IF Coyle leaves.

Coyle just seems a bit slow on the "I have a job to do here and i'm not going anywhere" speech, which is a worry. When Celtic came a calling he was quick to dispel any rumours.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:59 am

Why would he knock Celtic back yet go to Bolton?

Personally I would rather stay at Burnley.. they are on the right track and a fair chance at surviving relegation, whereas Bolton are.. Bolton.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:26 am

Coyle has met with bolton today and he is discussing his future with Kilby (Burnley Chairman) tonight.

All the players were given a day off today ????
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 am

johntheclaret wrote:Coyle has met with bolton today and he is discussing his future with Kilby (Burnley Chairman) tonight.

All the players were given a day off today ????

Sounds like his head is turned as they say.
Disappointing.

Anyone got Guus's number?
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 am

Coyles gone.

Burnley and Bolton battle over compensation.

Clarets want £3.6m Bolton want to pay £1m

coyle has clause in his contract, if he leaves for another club, w get £3.6m

F*** off Bolton
F*** off coyle ya two faced b4st4rd. :twisted:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 am

Pretty poor form by Coyle.

Do Bolton still have a game to play at Turf Moor this season? ;)
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:19 am

RoosterMarty wrote:Pretty poor form by Coyle.

Do Bolton still have a game to play at Turf Moor this season? ;)

No we played them boxing day. they are by far the worst team to come to Turf Moor. how the hell they managed a one all draw I'll never know. We play them at the Reebok on 26th Jan.

On bolton,, I was talking to amate today who has been a season ticket holder at Bolton for many years, and he can not believe why cotle would want to join them. They are currently £26m in debt, have no money and will sell star defender Gary Cahill for £15m in the January sale if an offer comes in.

On coyle, "poor form" isn't strong enough Marty. When Bolton sacked Megson, coyle came out and said he wasn't interested in the job. He's rabbitted on and on about how much he loves Burnley, how we have the best set of players he has ever worked with, how he has a 5 year plan, how he has a job to do and he wants to finish it, etc, etc, etc, then when the fist EPL side comes calling he buggers of. Shaw, his oppo even posted on the club website how happy he and coyle are at Burnley and they dont want to leave, and that was only a couple of days ago.

On Burnley. Well where do we go from here. Coyle leaving during the January window might have condemned us to relegation. What chance does a new manager have to come in, assess what he needs, identify the players he wants and get them. And how many of our best will Coyle try to poach, Eagles, Elliott, Mears?

what a crock of shite 2010 has been so far. Snowed in againi and having to walk 4 miles to the nearest clear road, and now this. Wake me when it's 2011 :twisted:
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:31 am

So who will be the next clarets manager. It is unlikely they will get anyone currently in the EPL so they will have to look outside.

Here's the first speculation

Man United No 2 Phelan in the Burnley Turf war to replace Bolton-bound Coyle

Manchester United assistant manager Mike Phelan is on the shortlist of candidates to replace Owen Coyle at Burnley, along with Darren Ferguson and Peter Reid.

To be fair, it isn't beyond the realms of reality. Mike phelan is an ex-claret and still lives in the area. He has always said he has an affinity with the clarets back to his playing days here.

Fergusson, was supposed to be on the short list for the Bolton job. No experience and that is the problem, although we might get a few Man U loanees

As for Ried, that just insn't going to happen. I know Brendon Flood interviewed Reid when we sacked cotterill. Flood said Reid turned up at the hotel in Manchester 3/4 of an hour late, unshaven, and looking like he had not got home from a night on the tiles. Flood took an instant dislike to Reid and decided he would never be the man for the job.

Funnily, Curbishley is the tv pundit tonight for the Stoke v Fulham. Stoke are our opponents this week at Turf Moor. He was just asked when he would be getting out of the pundit chair and back into management, Curbs just smiled and said "you never know, someone might talk to me soon" Am I putting two and two together and coming up with five? maybe, but he is a quality man manager and the job he did at Charlton by keeping them in the EPL for so long was nothing short of a miracle. Curbs left, Charlton are now playing in league 2.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:19 am

Just LOL'd at your new sig JTC!

Just remember that Samson had the last laugh. Bolton will go down just like the Philistines!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:26 am

devilsadvocate wrote:Just LOL'd at your new sig JTC!

Just remember that Samson had the last laugh. Bolton will go down just like the Philistines!

BETRAYED
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:31 am

Coyle talks about his affection for Bolton like he was there for 10 years or something. He has actually been at Burnley for longer than he was at Bolton, and when he was there he was only 3rd choice.

He was interviewed by Gartside for the job before they gave it to Megson (who was only second choice)

Gartside actually recommended coyle to Flood (Fact), on the basis that he might make a decent CCC manager.

coyle played for 15 clubs in his career, so affinity and loyalty aren't his strong points. I guess we should have known he would stab us in the back at some point, so why not now, right in the middle of the transfer window.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:54 am

Owen Coyle not in it for the money as new Bolton boss insists: I had to leave Burnley

Such has been the acrimonious nature of Owen Coyle’s switch from Burnley to Bolton, it was perhaps inevitable that his first day in charge at the Reebok Stadium would be spent looking backwards rather than forwards.
The front page of the local paper in Burnley greeted Coyle’s decision to leave with a headline that said only: ‘Betrayed’. A billboard near Turf Moor, meanwhile, has been smeared with the word ‘Judas’.

It has been an emotional week for Coyle and as he began work 20 miles away on Monday it was time for Bolton’s new manager to offer his reasons for leaving.
Coyle said: ‘One thing I want to get straight is the suggestion that I have come for the money.
‘I’ve never been motivated by personal money in my life. Yeah right, that's why you were happy to pick up a £1m a year salary with and aditional £1m bonus for promotion. How much have Bolton offered?

I came into the club at Burnley on one of the bottom three Championship salaries and worked my socks off as I said I would do.
‘If it was financial I would have taken the job I was offered at Celtic in the summer, which would have been double the salary
and everything else. I would have jumped through hoops because that was the team he supported as a boy.
‘But I want to be involved at the highest level and the highest level in world football is the Premier League. I want to take this football club forward and take them on.’

Coyle admitted that there had been some tears as he said his farewells at Turf Moor last week. Really :shock: so when were theses tears shed? when you arranged your secret meeting with Bolton's Gartside, or when you pretended to be on a plane to Scotland when in reality you were still at the ground, you decitful liar.
Under his guidance, Burnley had returned to the top flight of English football after a 33-year absence and many people believed the Scot had a responsibility to keep them there.

Asked if he would feel some regret if Burnley are relegated, he hinted that he would. But not quite now though as you have taken out 1st team coach, goalkeeping coach and chief scout with you. And just to top it off you publicly comment that you woudln't try to poach any of our top players but if the want to double thier wages.... All of this after leaving the club in the lurch during the January window.

But he insisted that the restraints at the club were such that a successful season there would still not have been rewarded with greater financial flexibility. Not like you didn't know this already having spent hours at every opportunity to tell the world how we have the smallest budget in the EPL but you have the best set of players in the league and how that's worth more to you, you bullshitter

He said: ‘The job is done in a sense that the football club had been nowhere near the Premier League for 33 years. I would say that at Bolton I have an infrastructure and set-up that is perhaps five or 10 years ahead of what I am leaving behind.’ the job is done is it? So what happened to the big "5 year plan". Just f****** words to you mate aren't they

Coyle suggested that only Manchester United and Chelsea are operating on a different financial level to his new club. What a knobhead. This statement alone tells you what a dick he is.

But if he believes that then he has not been playing close enough attention to what the likes of Manchester City, Tottenham and Aston Villa have been up to in recent times.
At the Reebok, performances are still viewed in the context of what Sam Allardyce achieved in twice taking the club into Europe in 2005 and two years later. That remains the required standard.

In the long term, keeping Bolton in the Premier League will not be good enough and Coyle’s stated aim of moving the club forward while playing more attractive football certainly seems ambitious.
He said: ‘We have to make sure we get enough points to stay up. Having done that I believe there are creative players at the club and we will be looking to get the best out of them.’
Coyle begins his reign with a home game against Arsenal on Sunday but it is the meeting with Burnley at the Reebok a fortnight today that stands out.
He is prepared. ‘At this moment, I’d expect Burnley fans to come and vent their frustration, but I hope that’s not the case,’ he said. ‘Whatever the game brings up, I will just have to deal with it as I always do. I'll tell you what'll happen next matey boy. If you keep Bolton up, the very next EPL side that comes calling and you'll be off. If you don't keep them up, you'll get the boot within 12 months.

‘Whoever used the word Judas, be it websites or newspapers, I can’t do anything about it. The local newspaper had a front page with a headline that said: “Betrayed”. If that’s how people want to portray it, that’s up to them. But I can look in the mirror and know I haven’t done anything wrong.' Well good for you. If you'd done nothing wrong no one would be calling you a Judas in the 1st place you scotch hick

I just had to reply to his statement today.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:07 am

EPL - the theatre of inflated egos.

It sucks when an individual thinks he's bigger than your club and treads all over it for personal gain.

These people forget what supporting a club means to fans. For many people, the tone of their week is set by the performance of their club.

It would be great to see Bolton go down.
devilsadvocate
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  English Soccer