Paul Ifill

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Paul Ifill

Postby Il Duce » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:29 pm

Paul Ifill is turning out to be a great pick up for wellington, he is involved in everything they do and when he is on song, wellington look very dangours.

Aslo wellington when in attack are playing very kevin kegan like, there is only the keeper and 1 cb who stay back there rest are all pushing up in attack and overlaping and you can see they are very improved from what they where, there problems begin when they get caught in possession and everyone is caught out of place and beacause eveyone is attacking and there are massive holes at the back.

Ifill however is the main reason they haved improved so much, he has certianly rejuvinated his carrer seeing that he was going to quit at the end of last season but his then team mate Nick Carle told him to come to the A-league and play, he set him up with a local agent and apparently only Wellington offerd him a good deal, 2 things. 1. Good job wellington in picking him he certianly worth what ever they are paying him. 2. Why did no other club who need strikers *cough Adeladide cough* offer him a contract

dont know why I thought I would point that out but I did.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Re: Paul Ifill

Postby Il Duce » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Maybe JTC could add some more info on him in England from his on expericance of seeing him play if he remembered him, he played for Crystal Palace, Sheffield United and Millwall he also plays for the Barbados natioanl team. He came here as a nobody and is doing extremly well at the moment him and Fowler are the 2 in form players of the league at the moment
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:01 am

Il Duce wrote:Paul Ifill is turning out to be a great pick up for wellington, he is involved in everything they do and when he is on song, wellington look very dangours.

Aslo wellington when in attack are playing very kevin kegan like, there is only the keeper and 1 cb who stay back there rest are all pushing up in attack and overlaping and you can see they are very improved from what they where, there problems begin when they get caught in possession and everyone is caught out of place and beacause eveyone is attacking and there are massive holes at the back.

Ifill however is the main reason they haved improved so much, he has certianly rejuvinated his carrer seeing that he was going to quit at the end of last season but his then team mate Nick Carle told him to come to the A-league and play, he set him up with a local agent and apparently only Wellington offerd him a good deal, 2 things. 1. Good job wellington in picking him he certianly worth what ever they are paying him. 2. Why did no other club who need strikers *cough Adeladide cough* offer him a contract

dont know why I thought I would point that out but I did.

ID great point was thinking that the other day. He is most certainly there key play maker and everything he touches atm turns to gold i mean goals! If you can sht his run and passing down you will go along way to beating the Wellington
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:27 pm

Ifil is a classic example of the where the A league standard is at.

Commentators and the media are carrying on like this bloke is world class, he is in brilliant form and dominating the A-League even though his in his thirties, thats an issue, lets be honest this bloke is an english football journeyman, would be lucky to get a gig currently in league one side yet is starring and taking the piss in the a-league.

To many teams in the A-League will keep lowering the standard of this competition, these blokes at their age should NOT be superstars in a national comeptition.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Il Duce » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:01 pm

whufc the 3 clubs he played for in England where all in the Championship and he may of not been the star player at any of those clubs but he was still quality also the a-league has a long way to go before we have the type of quality all over the league also I dont see why he shouldn't be talked about he is playing well where he is playing and thats all that can be asked of him.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Postby RoosterMarty » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:17 pm

whufc wrote:Ifil is a classic example of the where the A league standard is at.

Commentators and the media are carrying on like this bloke is world class, he is in brilliant form and dominating the A-League even though his in his thirties, thats an issue, lets be honest this bloke is an english football journeyman, would be lucky to get a gig currently in league one side yet is starring and taking the piss in the a-league.

To many teams in the A-League will keep lowering the standard of this competition, these blokes at their age should NOT be superstars in a national comeptition.

That is a pretty fair call, even though on the other hand some players have come here and not performed to expectations, possibly because they thought it would be too easy.

Glad Ifill is in the A-League though, he has certainly provided a few highlights this season and filled the void left by Smeltz.
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby whufc » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Il Duce wrote:whufc the 3 clubs he played for in England where all in the Championship and he may of not been the star player at any of those clubs but he was still quality also the a-league has a long way to go before we have the type of quality all over the league also I dont see why he shouldn't be talked about he is playing well where he is playing and thats all that can be asked of him.

Im not having a go at Ifil good luck to him and he is performing, my point is that alot of supporters and media get very carried away about how good the bloke is. The fact is the bloke was only ever an average player over in England, he is now at the end of his career and is a star in the A-League, this shows alot about where the A-League standard is at the moment. While the A-League continues to grow in teams, the standard will certainly drop, very similar to the issue grade cricket in South Australia has.

Will supporters still support their team if the A-League standard drops, crowd figures are down big time this year and so is the standard IMHO, it's not a positive for the A-League.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Il Duce » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Well they showed the Voting for the Johnny Warren medalist (best player in the league, voted for by his fellow players) Paul Ifill is on top of that table with 17 votes, second is Simon Colosimo with 14 votes, so I think this also shows that even his fellow team mates and opponets think that Ifill is dominating this league and is a good pick up.
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer