Paul Reid walks out .............

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: Paul Reid walks out .............

Postby Jase » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:18 pm

whufc wrote:
overloaded wrote:I think K Muscat still has a lot to offer as a player and we should persue him to replace Ried.

that would kill me from the inside!

WHUFC , serious question, are you a Victory fan? If so - how come... If not - sorry for linking you with them...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1528 times
Been liked: 573 times

Postby Thiele » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 pm

Reid Is a banker for walking out
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 93 times

Postby Pidge » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 pm

whufc wrote:
cripple wrote:
whufc wrote:Adelaide United the laughing stock of the A-League

Will enhance their reputation this weekend when they get knocked out by the Phoneix.

worse then nth queensland, perth, gold coast (crowds) and sydney this season you reckon. no idea.

sorry i still have the 6-0 drubbing in my head and Ross Aloisi spitting the dummy, then the players/manager spitting the dummy in the press conference afterwards.

Another GF another loss to Melbourne and another player spits the dummy about being sent off, and another press conference for the ages with a sooking manager.

No owner, had plumbers as a sponsor on the front of the strip, wooden spoon, player walking out on eve of finals, Adelaide United have given us opposition supporters more to laugh at then any other club.

Melbourne Victory have Kevin Muscat.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby The Riddler » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:57 pm

The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby RoosterMarty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Why would Reid get dropped??
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times

Postby Swooper16 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:07 pm

RoosterMarty wrote:Why would Reid get dropped??

Rini has played Hughes ahead of Reid for most of the second half of the year. Not sure why tho - Reidy is a more accomplished player IMHO.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby smithy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Swooper16 wrote:
RoosterMarty wrote:Why would Reid get dropped??

Rini has played Hughes ahead of Reid for most of the second half of the year. Not sure why tho - Reidy is a more accomplished player IMHO.

That is true.
I couldn't work it out either.
I thought in the early stages of the season Reid and Flores built up a great partnership and then all of a sudden Reid was being left out.
smithy

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:18 pm

Jase wrote:
whufc wrote:
overloaded wrote:I think K Muscat still has a lot to offer as a player and we should persue him to replace Ried.

that would kill me from the inside!

WHUFC , serious question, are you a Victory fan? If so - how come... If not - sorry for linking you with them...

Yeah mate im a Victory fan,

reason being i use to follow Carlton in the AFL, so when the Carlton S.C was developed in the NSL i naturally followed them as i could never bring myself to follow Adelaide City in the black and white stripes ala Port Magpies/Collingwood.

When Melbourne Victory came about they had my favourite Carlton S.C player Archie Thompson in there side as well as Danny Allsopp and a fair few others who had spent time at the Carlton S.C. While Adelaide United had blokes i couldnt stand such as Ross Aloisi, Carl Veart, John Kosmina as coach, Aurelio Vidmar
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5648 times
Been liked: 2582 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:36 pm

whufc wrote:
Jase wrote:

reason being i use to follow Carlton in the AFL, so when the Carlton S.C was developed in the NSL i naturally followed them as i could never bring myself to follow Adelaide City in the black and white stripes ala Port Magpies/Collingwood.

When Melbourne Victory came about they had my favourite Carlton S.C player Archie Thompson in there side as well as Danny Allsopp and a fair few others who had spent time at the Carlton S.C. While Adelaide United had blokes i couldnt stand such as Ross Aloisi, Carl Veart, John Kosmina as coach, Aurelio Vidmar

No worries, I wasn't quite sure which side of the fence you were sitting so to speak with regards to this... But now I know you're a Victory fan I can disregard your opinion on the world game completely....

:lol: :lol: ;)

Just Joking...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:56 pm

Jase wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jase wrote:

No worries, I wasn't quite sure which side of the fence you were sitting so to speak with regards to this... But now I know you're a Victory fan I can disregard your opinion on the world game completely....

Just Joking...

yeah im a massive Muscat fan and what he brings to the Melbourne Victory side.

but trying to defend his latest tackle is liking trying to defend a serial murderer with a 10 000 witnesses who caught him in the act.. It was an undefendable tackle with no excuses.

i guess my only positive to him about his terrible tackles is that from what i have seen he dishes it out and is willing to take the punishment handed down to him. I know that doesnt make the young lad with the injury feel any better though.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

whufc wrote:
Jase wrote:
whufc wrote:
Jase wrote:

Just Joking...

yeah im a massive Muscat fan and what he brings to the Melbourne Victory side.

but trying to defend his latest tackle is liking trying to defend a serial murderer with a 10 000 witnesses who caught him in the act.. It was an undefendable tackle with no excuses.

i guess my only positive to him about his terrible tackles is that from what i have seen he dishes it out and is willing to take the punishment handed down to him. I know that doesnt make the young lad with the injury feel any better though.

Don't tell anyone OK, but I almost felt a little sorry for him yesterday watching his retirement presser...

It must be hard to have to finish up doing something that he has loved (and has been very good at) for such a long time because he can't keep up anymore and to have to do it in such a public manner ... obviously he has been a public figure so finishing up is going to be a public occasion but still must be hard

Seems like a completely decent sort of bloke off the pitch it's just unfortunate that he is such a peanut on it occasionally and this is what most people, except those who follow the Victory, will remember him for...

Still hope he causes the Victory to get booted from the ACL after failing miserably in the group stages...but hey, I can't be balanced and understanding all the time... :twisted:
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah i can definatly see why opposition supporters hate him and why he wears the thug tag.

I guess its just unfortunate that in professional/semi pro sport most teams need that win at all costs/white line fever/crosses the line occasional type player to turn them from a very good side to champion team.

Many examples across many sports with the Gowans at Central/ The Aussie test side a few years back/ Roy Keane at Man Utd/ Viera at Arsenal/ Grave Danger Port Magpies/ Bryon Pickett Port Power/Kangaroos

Whats the old saying nice guys finish last.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jase » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

whufc wrote:Yeah i can definatly see why opposition supporters hate him and why he wears the thug tag.

I guess its just unfortunate that in professional/semi pro sport most teams need that win at all costs/white line fever/crosses the line occasional type player to turn them from a very good side to champion team.

Many examples across many sports with the Gowans at Central/ The Aussie test side a few years back/ Roy Keane at Man Utd/ Viera at Arsenal/ Grave Danger Port Magpies/ Bryon Pickett Port Power/Kangaroos

....and Pissants never prosper...

Or something like that... :lol:
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:32 am

Jase wrote:
whufc wrote:Yeah i can definatly see why opposition supporters hate him and why he wears the thug tag.

Why dont you guys go post this under the Scum thread. This is about Paul Ried.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Jase » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:05 am

TW Rooster wrote:
Jase wrote:

Oh a 1000 pardons TW, sorry for taking the thread off track, I was just trying to see where WHUFC was coming from either as a Reds or Victory supporter but no please let me bring it back on topic...

Paul Reid, you were my favourite Reds player due to the Bradford City link, you have put yourself ahead of the team, and that is as weak as p*ss...

(is that better)...

TW will you be cheering on the boys tonight down at Hindmarsh, without Paul Reid...
Jase
League - Best 21

Postby Specky McGee » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:15 am

I thought the issue with the whole Paul Reid saga, and correct me if I'm wrong, was that for Reid to be eligble to play for Sydney at the ACL, he had to be registered as a Sydney FC player by the 24/25th of February. As he was a required player for Adelaide in this years finals campaign, he was told, and within reason by Adelaide United, that they would not release him till after the season. This is when Reid cracked the sh*ts and walked out on the club.

Surely, if you were Paul Reid you would play your guts out tonight, and if we happen to lose, request a release or a loan deal then. If we win, we are another step closer to hopefully progressing to the GF. Sounds like a win-win situation in my book. The way Reid has gone about it makes it clear that he isn't much of a team player.

Hopefully, Adelaide United stick strong and refuse to release him till his contract expires in late March.
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:27 am

Jase wrote:
TW Rooster wrote:
Jase wrote:

Oh a 1000 pardons TW, sorry for taking the thread off track, I was just trying to see where WHUFC was coming from either as a Reds or Victory supporter but no please let me bring it back on topic...

Paul Reid, you were my favourite Reds player due to the Bradford City link, you have put yourself ahead of the team, and that is as weak as p*ss...

(is that better)...

TW will you be cheering on the boys tonight down at Hindmarsh, without Paul Reid...

I'm heading dwon there with a few mates. I'll even sit through the rain (with a poncho). What about urself?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby whufc » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:47 am

Interesting sitution for Paul Reid isnt it.

He has definatly put himself ahead of the team BUT he is a bloke coming to the end of his career, it probably is time he looks after himself both financially and oppurtunity wise.

This for him could possibly be his last chance to play at the highest level (Asian Champions Leage) he will ever play at again. Obviously the timing is poor but i guess he sees this as his least guarenteed chance to perform on a bigger stage.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:50 am

I'm just hoping the situation hasn't been provoked by a lack of football understanding by our new management...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jase » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:02 am

TW Rooster wrote:
Jase wrote:TW will you be cheering on the boys tonight down at Hindmarsh, without Paul Reid...

I'm heading dwon there with a few mates. I'll even sit through the rain (with a poncho). What about urself?

Yeah will be there with the family...though depending on the way the wind is going might not need a poncho due to where our seats are in the Western Stand...

Who am I kidding, we'll need poncho's too... :lol:

Go the Reds...Sod off Reidy... :evil: :(
Jase
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer