A-League Scores round 1

Home of the A-League, the Soceroos, Local leagues, etc

Re: A-League Scores round 1

Postby MightyEagles » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:16 pm

Melbourne last woo hoo. Let's hope that they stay there.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby Jase » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:26 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:
Jase wrote:Looking forward to tonight's game...the whole family has been looking forward to it for weeks actually , especially my wife, shame she can't make it though, she's got pneumonia....

So if you see a guy trying to control his 4 and 6 year old boys who have lost interest after about 15 minutes, pray for me...

Hope you have ... No ... Hope you had a good night mate and got the result we all want

Yeah had a good night, surprisingly the boys were pretty well behaved, kept them well fed with chips and lollies, seems to work most times... :lol: :lol:

As for the game, pretty bland I thought, Perth are rubbish even with Socceroos players, Dave Mitchell might think they play the game properly but they were never in it. For a team that spent most of their time defending, and camped about their 18 yard box not exactly sure how he can say that all Adelaide play is the long ball and counter attack...Idiot...

While Perth were never really in it, Adelaide need be bit more clinical with their finishing. I can see us getting punished by better teams... I have to say, and it pains me greatly, that Cornthwaite was very good, as was Fyfe, Jammo and Doddy. All played well actually, but I think that Cassio struggled a bit, didn't seem fit so hopefully as this improves so will his performances. Chrisitano chased and hassled which was nice to see, needs Lloyd in there to give him a hand and I reckon we will be pretty potent with them up front and Doddy pulling the strings and supporting from behind....

All in all a decent start and looking forward to the next home game we get to, which is North Queensland, unfortunately can't go to the Gold Coast game, we're in Melbourne....

Also what did everyone else think of the atmosphere, we sat in the northern stand on the second level and it was garbage...people chatting amongst themselves and that was it...usually sit in the first level and it is much better.

Anywho....Go the Reds and go the Bantams (though we are not speaking about them after their performance against Notts County on Saturday. Bantams are supposed to be Fighting c*cks, more like soft c*cks)

:D :lol: ;)
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1514 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Il Duce » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:01 am

Jase wrote:
Constance_Perm wrote:
Jase wrote:Looking forward to tonight's game...the whole family has been looking forward to it for weeks actually , especially my wife, shame she can't make it though, she's got pneumonia....

So if you see a guy trying to control his 4 and 6 year old boys who have lost interest after about 15 minutes, pray for me...

Hope you have ... No ... Hope you had a good night mate and got the result we all want

Yeah had a good night, surprisingly the boys were pretty well behaved, kept them well fed with chips and lollies, seems to work most times... :lol: :lol:

As for the game, pretty bland I thought, Perth are rubbish even with Socceroos players, Dave Mitchell might think they play the game properly but they were never in it. For a team that spent most of their time defending, and camped about their 18 yard box not exactly sure how he can say that all Adelaide play is the long ball and counter attack...Idiot...

While Perth were never really in it, Adelaide need be bit more clinical with their finishing. I can see us getting punished by better teams... I have to say, and it pains me greatly, that Cornthwaite was very good, as was Fyfe, Jammo and Doddy. All played well actually, but I think that Cassio struggled a bit, didn't seem fit so hopefully as this improves so will his performances. Chrisitano chased and hassled which was nice to see, needs Lloyd in there to give him a hand and I reckon we will be pretty potent with them up front and Doddy pulling the strings and supporting from behind....

All in all a decent start and looking forward to the next home game we get to, which is North Queensland, unfortunately can't go to the Gold Coast game, we're in Melbourne....

Also what did everyone else think of the atmosphere, we sat in the northern stand on the second level and it was garbage...people chatting amongst themselves and that was it...usually sit in the first level and it is much better.

Anywho....Go the Reds and go the Bantams (though we are not speaking about them after their performance against Notts County on Saturday. Bantams are supposed to be Fighting c*cks, more like soft c*cks)

:D :lol: ;)

Maybe need a return of Jamie Lawrence and some multi-coloured hair ;)

As for the Adelaide game still early and teams either start like a house on fire or a team needing to shake the cob webs out. Still wins a win, Most of the atmosphere at hindmarsh comes from the northen end ground level, if they were chanting amongst themselfs it means that 2 supporter groups there a acting like children again and arguing about petty sh*t.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer