Sunday
Central Coast vs Adelaide
Brisbane vs Gold Coast

Monday
Melbourne vs Newcastle
North Queensland vs Wellington

Wednesday
Adelaide vs Sydney
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: A-League Round 20

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Full Time
Sydney 0
Heart 1
''I can't think back to a time where Australia have been so convincingly beaten'' - Mark Taylor in regards to the 2010/11 Ashes series.
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:28 pm

Over at sydney at moment on holidays so i decided to drive half hour up the road to gosford to watch the reds play central coast. Wish id stayed at hotel, waste of money they were terrible again today. I know we are short of defenders but we were poor again in defense but what really pissed me off was that we were 1-0 down with plenty of time to go so we take off flores and dodd to rest them for wednesday. I hate that basically we conceded defeat and i thought we would of still had a chance if those two were on. Apart from the result not a bad day out, the stadium not bad and easy to get to
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:41 pm

Oh forgot to add that trip wasnt wasted. Drove 1300km to see adelaide utd score, just a pity it was for the wrong side :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Swooper16 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Hopefully that is the last time we have to endure Barbiero at Right Back. That experiment is not working. United look very flat compared to early in the season - need these 2 new recruits to breathe some fresh life into the squad.

Considering our tough schedule can certianly understand the subs of Flores and Dodd and to be fair neither were doing much this game anyway.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Postby Thiele » Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Dodd and Galeovic are out of tomorrow nights match at Adelaide Oval
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Thiele » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:15 pm

Adeliade won 2-0
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:30 am

Who went to the game? i did and sat in the chapel stands.... Thought the crowd wasnt to bad, a tad quiet to start with and built into it as the game went on.....

peoples thoughts on playing at Adelaide Oval?

As for the performance i was very happy, we played alot slicker than we have for a few weeks, passing and moving forward with intent. Great to see a bit of luck go our way with the Cassio goal as well (about bloody time), prob could have been 4-0 in the end
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Jase » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:57 am

Went to the game last night, sat in the new Western Stand in section 205. Had a pretty good view but the action is just so far away and there wasn't much atmosphere due to the fans being so spread out...

the pitch looked like a billiard table which should have made for a great passing game and the Reds certainly looked the goods at times but Sydney seemed to drag them down to their level...

16000 odd people at the game was pretty good, but 13000 at Hindmarsh the atmosphere would have been 10 to 20 times better...

Do love Adelaide Oval though and the new Grandstand is awesome...plenty of leg room and the views aren't to bad...

Provided the weather is good for the Victory game in Feb there will be 25000 there easy...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1494 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:07 am

Jase wrote:Went to the game last night, sat in the new Western Stand in section 205. Had a pretty good view but the action is just so far away and there wasn't much atmosphere due to the fans being so spread out...

the pitch looked like a billiard table which should have made for a great passing game and the Reds certainly looked the goods at times but Sydney seemed to drag them down to their level...

16000 odd people at the game was pretty good, but 13000 at Hindmarsh the atmosphere would have been 10 to 20 times better...

Do love Adelaide Oval though and the new Grandstand is awesome...plenty of leg room and the views aren't to bad...

Provided the weather is good for the Victory game in Feb there will be 25000 there easy...

Yeah the surface was like ice and we def adapted better to it. Sydney without Carle are as boring as we were under Vidmar ;)

The new grandstand is great, as a member of AO the cricket is great to watch from there and the SANFL will be just as good. The CHapel stands are a good vantage point though!

The scheduling was average IMO! week night, people away on holidays etc cant wait for the next game there against the scum

Its great to see Scott Jamieson be a shadow of what he was at AU. He is a hell of alot slower and couldnt get a kick in a street fight! we are much better with Cass and Ramsey.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer  Australian Soccer