Round 1 Partial Lockouts

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 1 Partial Lockouts

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:57 pm

* SuperCoach enters "Partial Lockout" status at the start of the GWS v Sydney game, at 6.50pm SA time on Saturday March 24.

* Once Partial Lockout begins, any GWS or Sydney players selected in your team will be "locked in" and you won't be able to remove or substitute them.

* Therefore, GWS and Sydney players will no longer be selectable.

* You can continue to edit your team with players from the other 16 clubs until the start of the Thursday night match between Richmond and Carlton, at 7.10pm SA time on March 29. Then, phase two of the Partial Lockout becomes begins. All GWS, Sydney, Richmond and Carton players in your squad will be locked in.

* You can continue editing your team with players from the remaining seven matches and 14 clubs, until the start of the Hawthorn v Collingwood match at 7.20pm on Friday, March 30. SuperCoach then goes into Full Lockout mode with all teams locked in. No more editing is possible.

* If you have selected a captain, vice captain and/or any emergencies from your GWS or Sydney players prior to 6:50pm AEDT on Saturday, March 24, they can no longer be de-selected or changed after this time.

This also applies to the second Partial Lockout on March 29, with Richmond and Carlton players. If you didn't select captains and emergencies, these options will be available through to the Full Lockout on Friday March 30.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-crunch-time-is-coming/story-fn8apy0g-1226304850267
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Re: Round 1 Partial Lockouts

Postby the big bang » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 pm

reading that hurt my head.

so does this stop the 'captain loophole'?

or you just making the point that it's still going to work?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:24 am

Loophole still works.
Q.
Coach

Postby Squids » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:20 am

And the loophole means ?

I dont understand.
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am

REB said it best:

Rik E Boy wrote:
whufc wrote:I know it comes up every year but how does the Captain 'loop' work. I think it maybe pretty important with the double lockout in Round 1.

Pick Goodes as VC. If he doesn't get his expected 160 against the Gi-ANTS you nominate Gazza Jnr as Captain. If Goodsey guns it put Lee Spurr on the bench as your skipper. This equals two shots at a big score for the Capitano. The only way you can farg it up is if Spurr gets a late call up and scores a 38 because Goodes 129 wasn't good enough for you. 8)

regards,

REB

Could also apply it for the RIC v CAR game next Thursday night.
Q.
Coach

Postby LMA » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:56 pm

can you still make unlimited selections to finalise your side after partial lockout ?
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:09 pm

LMA wrote:can you still make unlimited selections to finalise your side after partial lockout ?

Sydney and GWS players will be locked into your team and you won't be able trade players from those two teams into your side either. Same goes for the Richmond and Carlton players after that partial lockout.

Unlimited trades with players from other teams applies until full lockout on Friday night.
Q.
Coach

Postby LMA » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Q. wrote:
LMA wrote:can you still make unlimited selections to finalise your side after partial lockout ?

Sydney and GWS players will be locked into your team and you won't be able trade players from those two teams into your side either. Same goes for the Richmond and Carlton players after that partial lockout.

Unlimited trades with players from other teams applies until full lockout on Friday night.

Aha cheers
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby the big bang » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:48 pm

Q. wrote:REB said it best:

Rik E Boy wrote:
whufc wrote:I know it comes up every year but how does the Captain 'loop' work. I think it maybe pretty important with the double lockout in Round 1.

Pick Goodes as VC. If he doesn't get his expected 160 against the Gi-ANTS you nominate Gazza Jnr as Captain. If Goodsey guns it put Lee Spurr on the bench as your skipper. This equals two shots at a big score for the Capitano. The only way you can farg it up is if Spurr gets a late call up and scores a 38 because Goodes 129 wasn't good enough for you. 8)

regards,

REB

Could also apply it for the RIC v CAR game next Thursday night.

i do get the idea of the loophole, and know how to use it. but it won't let me name a bench player as captain.

As suggested, i've got Goodes as VC, but my captain has to be a starter, thus making the loophole void,unless i wanna sacrifice and name a donut player captain to accept Goodes 130pt game as VC, which sorta makes it pointless to an extent, yeah?

i hope that makes sense?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:58 pm

If you want Goodes' score (as VC) then you'll have to put the C onto a player who won't play this round and have him starting on the field. That's they key, to exploit the loophole you need to have a player who won't play - was easy last year as we had the byes.
Q.
Coach

Postby Ingall » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Q. wrote:was easy last year as we had the byes.

Was real easy because it didn't automatically pick a V and VC for you. All you had to do was nominate a VC only, and if he scored well just forget about putting the C on anyone.
A bit riskier this year in that you might have everyone playing.
Crooked as a hooker.
Now suck my thumb.
Anybody wanna come get some?
Ingall
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Alaska » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:07 pm

As suggested, i've got Goodes as VC, but my captain has to be a starter, thus making the loophole void,unless i wanna sacrifice and name a donut player captain to accept Goodes 130pt game as VC, which sorta makes it pointless to an extent, yeah?

i hope that makes sense?

You gain the score from your emergency so avoiding the donut.
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby the big bang » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:33 pm

ahhh.......yes yes. it makes sense now.

so i'll be able to change my C right up until just before the Hawks v Pies on Friday night (all GWS,Syd,Rich & Carl players excused)?

So if Goodes scores 100 or less as VC, i've got all next week to decide who can be captain.

But if goodes smashes out a 140 as VC, i have to hope that at least one of my players wont be playing next week, for example i'll say Collingwoods Yagmoor, put him starting as captain, he dosn't play, my emergency (Scotland) comes in. Just making sure that as Scotland will replace my starting Captain, he dosn't automatically assume the role as captain does he?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Alaska » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:36 pm

the big bang wrote:ahhh.......yes yes. it makes sense now.

so i'll be able to change my C right up until just before the Hawks v Pies on Friday night (all GWS,Syd,Rich & Carl players excused)?

So if Goodes scores 100 or less as VC, i've got all next week to decide who can be captain.

But if goodes smashes out a 140 as VC, i have to hope that at least one of my players wont be playing next week, for example i'll say Collingwoods Yagmoor, put him starting as captain, he dosn't play, my emergency (Scotland) comes in. Just making sure that as Scotland will replace my starting Captain, he dosn't automatically assume the role as captain does he?

No he does not just becomes a scoring player
Alaska
League - Best 21

Postby Media Park » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:52 pm

I'll just take a gun skipper, and having every player score will make me happy enough.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Round 1 Partial Lockouts

Postby RustyCage » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:31 pm

Goodes not getting the big score expected
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:30 pm

Goodes spudded it up so I'll be going with Gazza as skipper now.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby Q. » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:57 pm

Question, as a league manager can I still delete a team and invite another to the league?
Q.
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:49 am

Q. wrote:Question, as a league manager can I still delete a team and invite another to the league?

It looks like you can Q.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby Alaska » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:29 am

The first bit of the puzzle is complete to take advantage of the loophole with Bugg or Kennedy as my Emergencies. I know they will provide a good score and I have a couple of options that may not play round 1 with a game on the weekend. I reckon they will get games early though and they add to my versatility.
Now the question is who to pick as my Vice Captain Murphy, Kreuzer, Martin or Delidio? :? :?
Alaska
League - Best 21

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy