Player Chat

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Player Chat

Postby CoverKing » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:48 am

Bit of chat about players people are picking/avoiding.

Didak, at a low price after a woeful year last year, has had a bumper preseason until now. Torn adducter muscle and is out for a month.
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Player Chat

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:23 pm

CoverKing wrote:Bit of chat about players people are picking/avoiding.

Didak, at a low price after a woeful year last year, has had a bumper preseason until now. Torn adducter muscle and is out for a month.

Didak was on the nose anyway IMO. Get on to Shaun Higgins boys he is fitter than ever....

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby Media Park » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:14 pm

A few potentials in dream team:
Phil Davis- question mark is how he comes back after shoulder surgery, but in that Giants team, he should go alright. 225K. Worth a punt.
Harry O'Brien- Gun player, at a relatively bargain basement price. 308K. Should be in 90% of DT's.
Jason Tutt- Has the potential to be the next great Bulldogs midfielder by the end of the year. 310K. If you've stacked up on mids, he's worth picking.
Sam Rowe- As a multiple position player (ruck forward) he is likely to have a bit of game time early for the Blues. 98K. Bench ruck at least.

There is an absolute blissful problem in the ruck. Instead of Cox and Sandilands, with two cheap rookies, there are now options.
Those two of course, Renouf 265K will be the lead Power ruckman, and should show the relative improvement, Billy Longer 148K is a basement steal, Jonathon Giles 117K will relish the second chance and lead ruck role, and Orren Stephenson 98K the mature age rookie will not be there just to fill a spot on a list.

Israel Folau hopefully will be more successful than hack Hunt, and at 115K there's room for him to skyrocket with some good games.

To pick: GWS rookies. Look for the one's likely to play, they will go up in price, and you can soon upgrade.
To steer clear of: Brogan, James McDonald, Chad Cornes. In fact, the only older GWS guy worth playing is Power.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Longer? Pass. The berger will be the main meal at the Lions with Huddo in for a backup. Longer is a project player and with Stephenson and Giles available it doesn't make sense to pick him.

Tutt? Surely he's behind Libba and Wallis despite Wallis' pretty ordinary numbers last year. Wallis will get more gametime this year and he's the one to watch for mine from that group.

Rowe - coming off a pre-season injury and no lock for round one. A downgrade target later in the year.

Harry Obrien - still a midpricer despite being in the system for years. Pass.

Izzy - not a bad call there - potential to rack up contested marks so more of a SC player than a DT option and should get a lot of games as the 'face' of the GSW Giants.

McDonald is not one to avoid. He'll get a lockdown job and play more games than the majority of the rooks in the GSW Giants midfield. I reckon he'll get a lot more games than (Suns from last year) Harris and go about as well as Isles if not better.

Renouf and Davis? You are better off with Rookies. Buyer beware.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Players I'll be avoiding in 2012.

Cyril Rioli. I'm sure all of his four hamstrings are going to be just fine this season.
Shaun Bloody Higgins. **** YOU.
Colin Sylvia. Brilliant one week and doesn't get a touch the next.
Aaron Sandilands. He'll get the 'Ottens treatment' by Ross this year as he hasn't been on deck when needed for the Dockers. Clarke and Griffen will share the load.
Cox and Nick Nat. Just too difficult to predict when the rise and fall of each one will occur. Cox is expensive as and Nick Nat is in a similar boat to Syliva.
Shannon Hurn. Tagged out of it a bit too easily.
Corey Enright. I reckon this is the year they begin to phase out Boris a bit.
Lenny Hayes. Not discounted enough for a 32 year old coming off a knee reconstruction.
Travis Varcoe. Great player but never scores shit. Injured again.
Lindsay Gilbee. Former SC gun that has jumped the shark.

In fact nearly every player with a price tag of 300k with very few exceptions.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby westozfalcon » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 am

I'm mulling over some midfielders that might provide good bang for buck:

Brett Peake - I'm thinking he may get a new lease of life under the guidance of a fellow West Australian in Scott Watters

Luke Power - as an experienced campaigner in a fledgling side the Giants may look to get the footy to him a lot

Jake Melksham - Haven't seen much of him but sounds capable

Mitch Banner - as per Melksham

Who do you think would be the best value of this lot?
westozfalcon
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:13 am

Media Park wrote:A few potentials in dream team:
Phil Davis- question mark is how he comes back after shoulder surgery, but in that Giants team, he should go alright. 225K. Worth a punt.
Harry O'Brien- Gun player, at a relatively bargain basement price. 308K. Should be in 90% of DT's.
Jason Tutt- Has the potential to be the next great Bulldogs midfielder by the end of the year. 310K. If you've stacked up on mids, he's worth picking.
Sam Rowe- As a multiple position player (ruck forward) he is likely to have a bit of game time early for the Blues. 98K. Bench ruck at least.

There is an absolute blissful problem in the ruck. Instead of Cox and Sandilands, with two cheap rookies, there are now options.
Those two of course, Renouf 265K will be the lead Power ruckman, and should show the relative improvement, Billy Longer 148K is a basement steal, Jonathon Giles 117K will relish the second chance and lead ruck role, and Orren Stephenson 98K the mature age rookie will not be there just to fill a spot on a list.

Israel Folau hopefully will be more successful than hack Hunt, and at 115K there's room for him to skyrocket with some good games.

To pick: GWS rookies. Look for the one's likely to play, they will go up in price, and you can soon upgrade.
To steer clear of: Brogan, James McDonald, Chad Cornes. In fact, the only older GWS guy worth playing is Power.

No way, not in DT, just doesn't get the pill often enough.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8073 times

Postby Ron Burgundy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:20 am

Whats peoples thoughts on Marty Clarke, could he be a gd cheapie for this year. Will he get a game?
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Player Chat

Postby test » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:32 am

NAB cup should hopefully give some insight into Marty, he's in my side for now... If he simply takes Leon's role he's a lock for me, if they use him in another role I'll pass.
test
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:22 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:Whats peoples thoughts on Marty Clarke, could he be a gd cheapie for this year. Will he get a game?

He wont be a cheapie
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:44 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:Whats peoples thoughts on Marty Clarke, could he be a gd cheapie for this year. Will he get a game?

He wont be a cheapie

Only $170,000
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4305 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

He wont be a cheapie

Only $170,000

Oops, I'm only a dumb car mate, I was thinking of the big coloured-in boofhead from Brisbane last season.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm

westozfalcon wrote:I'm mulling over some midfielders that might provide good bang for buck:

Brett Peake - I'm thinking he may get a new lease of life under the guidance of a fellow West Australian in Scott Watters

Luke Power - as an experienced campaigner in a fledgling side the Giants may look to get the footy to him a lot

Jake Melksham - Haven't seen much of him but sounds capable

Mitch Banner - as per Melksham

Who do you think would be the best value of this lot?

Don't like any of em. Melksham maybe but that's it. Why would you put someone who isn't a first year player in your team if you haven't seen much of them. You pick players because you see value in them.

Not for the first time Luke Power is mentioned. The guy looked like he was running up and down on the one spot last year but unlike McDonald he hasn't had a year off.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:29 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Bit of chat about players people are picking/avoiding.

Didak was on the nose anyway IMO. Get on to Shaun Higgins boys he is fitter than ever....

regards,

REB

Are you picking him this year REB? If so, I will be staying away from him like the plague ;)
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby wycbloods » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 am

Do Port Adelaide fans think Pfeiffer is a chance to get a gig early on in the season this year? I think he is one who may well have an impact if he gets a spot in the side.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:45 am

wycbloods wrote:Do Port Adelaide fans think Pfeiffer is a chance to get a gig early on in the season this year? I think he is one who may well have an impact if he gets a spot in the side.

He will need to be pulled off the Rookie List first. I my memory serves me correct the Power can pull one of them up for the start of the season????
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Hondo » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:33 pm

Sorry Dude wrote:
wycbloods wrote:Do Port Adelaide fans think Pfeiffer is a chance to get a gig early on in the season this year? I think he is one who may well have an impact if he gets a spot in the side.

He will need to be pulled off the Rookie List first. I my memory serves me correct the Power can pull one of them up for the start of the season????

Cam Hitchcock was put onto their long term injury list today
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Hondo wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:

Cam Hitchcock was put onto their long term injury list today

That makes Michelle a lot more likely. I was worried about his JS before that. To Sorry Dude, no mate I was taking the piss regarding Higgins. He's made of Balsawood.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:19 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Hondo wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:

To Sorry Dude, no mate I was taking the piss regarding Higgins. He's made of Balsawood.

regards,

REB

I was taking the piss too REB. Even balsawood is still to strong to compare. :roll:
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Media Park » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:48 am

Higgins will dominate... when fit...
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy