The Hogg Grand Final Thread 2011

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

The Hogg Grand Final Thread 2011

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:28 am

Welcome to the Hogg Shield Grand Final thread for 2011. This season we have had more Hogg coaches than ever participating in eight Hogg leagues. These are my half arsed predictions as to who is going to win the Grand Finals this week. Of course thanks to the Hawthorn Football Club, there has been absolute carnage at the selection table this week so now all fantasy footy coaches can share my hatred of the Hawks. :lol:

Good luck to all coaches in the Grand Final.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Re: The Hogg Grand Final Thread 2011

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:32 am

Hogg Premier League

Image Darksiders SCE vs. Image REBCats

There are three certain things in life…death, taxes, and the REBCats losing the Hogg Premier League Grand Final. If my Catters get rolled that will be four years in a row ACK! Darksiders SCE have been the stand out team of the Premier League all season and should win this rematch of the 2009 decider. At least this time around the REBCats shouldn’t have any donuts so we’ve got a better chance than in previous years but the loss of the consistent Ffye is a big blow to the Cats’ chances. With a bit more strength all over the ground (except in the Ruck) and a host of big scoring Bluebaggers back, it is hard to envisage anything other than a Darksiders SCE premiership.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:35 am

Hogg Division I

Image wycbloods vs. Image Dutchys Dodos

This Grand Final is going to be a real cracker with two in-form, top scoring sides playing off for the Division I Premiership. Both sides are already winners having being promoted to the Premier League next season but the Premiership will be icing on the cake for one of these two coaches. There is a lot to like in the bloods lineup but Dutchys Dodos have gotten on a real roll lately. He only just snuck into the top eight but that sneaky Dutchman was holding his cards very close to his chest and while higher ranked teams have gotten the staggers, the Dodos have been playing Aces. I think this sort of form can continue and that Dutchy Dodos will be the Division I Premier this season.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:38 am

Hogg Division II

Image Marion ManBearPigs vs. Image Deckens Cider

One of my better pre-season predictions was for Marion ManBearPigs to take out this division and after a stuttering start and a barnstorming finish I don’t see why I would be changing my mind at this late stage. Deckens Cider is yet another team to have finished in the bottom half of the eight and gone on to qualify for the Grand Final which is a bit of a recurring theme this season in many divisions. Deckens has done well to get this far and has claimed some top scalps along the way but I can tell from experience that the ManBearPigs are a very dangerous combination at this time of year and I’m tipping that the Marion ManBearPigs will win this and go ‘back to back’, the first team in Hogg History to do so.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:42 am

Hogg Division III

Image Hips Don't Lie vs. Image Les's Men

As has been written in the Division III thread these two teams have been ‘following each other about’ ever since they joined the Hogg Shield competition. They joined at the same time, scored a similar score last year, finished next to each other on the ladder and now both of them have won their way through to the Grand Final despite looking at long odds to do so a couple of months back. So it has come down to this Grand Final to finally split the pair. On points it looks like Les’s Men are an excellent chance to win the premiership from eighth spot. Les’s Men topped the scoring in Division III and when the dust settles he will have the Division III flag in the bag and finally these two teams will no longer be joined at the Hip. Les’s Men to win the flag.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 am

Hogg Division IV

Image Honey Badgers vs. Image Has Been

Last year’s pool ranking structure created a Hogg monster with Division IV holding their heads high alongside other top leagues Hogg Premier and Hogg Division I. Two of the main reasons why Divvy IV scored so well are now playing off for the premiership. This match could go either way and the loser could in fact rack up a score good enough to win several other Hogg leagues. Thems the breaks! These two teams are very evenly matched and the Honey Badgers will need to have a trade up their sleeve in order to win. Trade or no trade, for mine Has Been looks too strong and I’m selecting them to be the Division IV premiers.

ps - after much wrangling during the week it was agreed that the badgers would be wearing white shorts during the Grand Final. ;)
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:48 am

Hogg Division V (Piglet Shield)

Image Underdogs vs. Image REBCats

Unlike many other Hogg Divisions, the top four have asserted their authority over the bottom half of the eight in the Piglet. In fact there was hardly any changes to the top eight from last year such is the nature of what is often a lopsided competition. In the first time in Hogg history there will be a Grand Final between the same two teams as the previous season and I think that this is the one that could finally end my premiership drought. Unlike my nemesis the Darksiders, Gibbo does have Fyfe and she has Pavlich as well and she doesn’t have a trio of Carlton boys coming back to terrorise me in the Granny. It will prove to be a disappointing end to Gibbo’s excellent Hogg season but the REBCats will finally salute in a Grand Final and win the Piglet Shield in 2011.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 am

Hogg Division VI

Image Greedy Guns vs. Image The Wizard Sleeves

There have been some bloody good sides in this division, so much so that the highly rated Buddy Franklin crashed out in Essendon 99 style to The Wizard Sleeves who set a Hogg record for running out of trades in Round 2 of this season. The Greedy Guns have been an excellent side all year but have been rolled by the Sleeves in one previous encounter with the score standing at 1-1 between them this year. I reckon that the trade that Guns still have in the barrel could be enough to finally shoot down the Sleeves with many top players looking to cop a visit from the General this week. Greedy Guns should win this game and take out the Division VI premiership.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:55 am

Hogg Division VII (Bunny Bowl)

Image Hairy Chequebook vs. Image Pump up ze jams

In the most predictable match up in Grand Final weekend, the unbeaten Hairy Chequebook takes on the most highly credentialed challenger for the inaugural Bunny Bowl championship. The Hairy ones have been a big bully all season long but copped a real scare from REB Jnr last week in the Prelim Final. I was initially thinking of selecting the Hairy ones as a Captain Obvious premier here but his Forward line resembles a bakery this week and no Grand Final coach would be hating the Hawkers more about now. Hairy Chequebook just have too many holes to fill and as a result I’m tipping Pump up ze jams to win the inaugural Bunny Bowl.
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 pm

Nice one REB!

Good luck Bloods! (sort of.... ;) )
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 3832 times

Postby macca26 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:13 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Hogg Division VII (Bunny Bowl)

Image Hairy Chequebook vs. Image Pump up ze jams

In the most predictable match up in Grand Final weekend, the unbeaten Hairy Chequebook takes on the most highly credentialed challenger for the inaugural Bunny Bowl championship. The Hairy ones have been a big bully all season long but copped a real scare from REB Jnr last week in the Prelim Final. I was initially thinking of selecting the Hairy ones as a Captain Obvious premier here but his Forward line resembles a bakery this week and no Grand Final coach would be hating the Hawkers more now about now. Hairy Chequebook just have too many holes to fill and as a result I’m tipping Pump up ze jams to win the inaugural Bunny Bowl.

Spot on Reb. Donut factory consisting of Franklin, Rioli, Pavlich, Fyfe, Sylvia, Lynch, Richardson. Will be 4 donuts :oops: . Still relatively new at this and lesson learnt for next year. Good luck to all.
Men have two emotions: hungry and horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich
macca26
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby VC » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Love your work REB.

Goodluck Macca - Lucky enough to get this far and have 2 trades left. Hawks out hurts, used the 2 trades and have enough cover to fill a full & competitive side. Go ze Jams!

:partyman:
VC
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Hogg Division II

Image Marion ManBearPigs vs. Image Deckens Cider

One of my better pre-season predictions was for Marion ManBearPigs to take out this division and after a stuttering start and a barnstorming finish I don’t see why I would be changing my mind at this late stage. Deckens Cider is yet another team to have finished in the bottom half of the eight and gone on to qualify for the Grand Final which is a bit of a recurring theme this season in many divisions. Deckens has done well to get this far and has claimed some top scalps along the way but I can tell from experience that the ManBearPigs are a very dangerous combination at this time of year and I’m tipping that the Marion ManBearPigs will win this and go ‘back to back’, the first team in Hogg History to do so.

Great work REB, hopefully your prediction is right! It would be nice to be a part of history!!! If not i'll have to wait until 2013 ;)
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby A Mum » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Looks good REB O:)

Good luck to all Grand Final coaches/teams O:)
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby One Club Player » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:54 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Hogg Division IV

Image Honey Badgers vs. Image Has Been

Last year’s pool ranking structure created a Hogg monster with Division IV holding their heads high alongside other top leagues Hogg Premier and Hogg Division I. Two of the main reasons why Divvy IV scored so well are now playing off for the premiership. This match could go either way and the loser could in fact rack up a score good enough to win several other Hogg leagues. Thems the breaks! These two teams are very evenly matched and the Honey Badgers will need to have a trade up their sleeve in order to win. Trade or no trade, for mine Has Been looks too strong and I’m selecting them to be the Division IV premiers.

ps - after much wrangling during the week it was agreed that the badgers would be wearing white shorts during the Grand Final. ;)

Badger's 2368/21, Lids to come, Has Been 2316/20, Lids and Boomer to come.....surely Boomer will get the 53 points required.....
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:25 am

Surprise surprise I'm GAWNSKI in my two Grand Finals. Congrats to Darksiders SCE and the Underdogs. That makes it zero out of 12 in Grand Finals for me :shock: .

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 pm

Lost by 2 points :(

Carrazzo being a late withdrawal with no emergency cost me :evil:

Well done bloods, surprised I got this far with no trades left for the last 5 weeks :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 3832 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:Lost by 2 points :(

Carrazzo being a late withdrawal with no emergency cost me :evil:

Well done bloods, surprised I got this far with no trades left for the last 5 weeks :D

Man that's tough luck Dutchy. I once lost a Grand Final by one point to a guy who beat me three times with a combined tally of less than 40!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 pm

updated post.
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Banker » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Div IV

Has Been 2575 d. Honey Badgers 2462
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times