Hogg Division I 2011

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Hogg Division I 2011

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Hogg Division I 2011

Seed-Teamname 2010 - Coach - State - 2010 SC Points
17 Cork in the ocean Interceptor Qld 48089
18 Mosquitoes hawksrule Tas 48014
19 Slammers Matt852 Vic 47725
20 Captain Who? Groover SA 47248
21 BenjisBeasts Ben McDonnell SA 47126
22 Dutchys Dodos Dutchy SA 46554
23 wycbloods WYCBLOODS SA 46508
24 Matty's Knights Greg Champion Vic 46073
25 Supre Cil Dlouhs SCD SA 45559
26 The Dark Knights The Jack SA 45285
27 The Browns Mark Rosenberg SA 44375
28 Leisa's Lovelies Leisa Qld 44375
29 LKIF smiddaz Tas 42576
30 Buddy&TheBoys Parko Qld 42406
31 Brown nosed Fev SBJAC SA 42126
32 cobras Dale Qld 38838

Here are the seedings for Hogg Division I this year.

I have yet to receive confirmation emails from The Browns, LKIF, Buddy&TheBoys and the cobras. Parko and SBJAC, even though they were relegated last year will find it tough to avoid relegation again based on the above numbers.

Our very own Mad Max Intercepter has bobbed up to the top of the rankings in this Divvy like a Cork in the Ocean and looms as a major candidate for promotion into Hogg Premier. cobras aside this looks like a tough division with it being a little bit more open at the top end but more competitive in the relegation zone.

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Re: Hogg Division I 2011

Postby wycbloods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:54 pm

I am all registered. Good onya REB for all your hours on this.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:25 pm

Hogg Division I 2011

17 Honda's Heros Honda07
18 Cork in the ocean Interceptor
19 MILLER MOSQUITOES hawksrule
20 Slammers Matt852
21 Captain Who? Groover
22 BenjisBeasts Ben McDonnell

23 Dutchys Dodos Dutchy
24 wycbloods WYCBLOODS
25 Culshure Plus Greg Champion
26 Professor Crow SCD

27 The Dark Knights The Jack
28 The Browns Mark Rosenberg
29 Leisa's Lovelies Leisa
30 LKIF smiddaz

31 Gottagetagrigga SBJAC
32 cobras Dale

Teams entered and selected
Teams entered
Teams not entered yet

Everyone seems to be called bloody Matt in this league and this would be the league where every bastard changes there team names. Some severe guesswork going above.

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:41 pm

Pull your finger out divvy I. Still waiting on Dutchy, Parko, Smiddaz, Rosey and The Jack. If you don't want to be in the Hogg let me know. The non pool leagues MUST be random free. Sign up or check out!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:12 am

Promotion time. Parko OUT Honda IN.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Alaska » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:37 pm

How does that work REB?
From not involved in the Hogg straight into Div1?
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Alaska wrote:How does that work REB?

Had to put someone decent in there Alaska. Lost two coaches from Hogg Premier and Hogg Division I. No point holding back a guy who can score 48k and promoting someone who scores 46 in his place. If people pull out it makes it very tough to organise the divisions, especially if they are pulling out from the higher divvies. This year we had the reigning premier of Premier League pull out.

If a coach who can score well comes into the Hogg for the first time comes in it makes sense to get him or her to take the place of anyone who pulls out. Please not that Honda is taking the place of a guy who pulled out, not from a coach who played last year and avoided relegation like say, the cobras.

As a fantasy footy tragic I cannot fathom why people are a - not signing up and picking at least a provisional team and b- dropping out all together. But I can tell you it's a pain in the arse when they do.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:00 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Alaska wrote:How does that work REB?

Had to put someone decent in there Alaska. Lost two coaches from Hogg Premier and Hogg Division I. No point holding back a guy who can score 48k and promoting someone who scores 46 in his place. If people pull out it makes it very tough to organise the divisions, especially if they are pulling out from the higher divvies. This year we had the reigning premier of Premier League pull out.
If a coach who can score well comes into the Hogg for the first time comes in it makes sense to get him or her to take the place of anyone who pulls out. Please not that Honda is taking the place of a guy who pulled out, not from a coach who played last year and avoided relegation like say, the cobras.

As a fantasy footy tragic I cannot fathom why people are a - not signing up and picking at least a provisional team and b- dropping out all together. But I can tell you it's a pain in the arse when they do.

regards,

REB

Why'd he pull out* REB? Didn't want to be a slave to SC?

I can't understand why people aren't picking a team yet - do the research now and it becomes so much easier to make tweaks as the NAB Cup progresses. Plus you'll get a chance to mull over the various strategic structures by tinkering with the squad.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Just wasn't in to it that much. Didn't have time he says. Fair enough. Judging by his efforts last year though I'm not sure how much time he actually put into it in the first place. I'd rather have keen players in the higher ranks in any event.

We've had three confirmed pull outs..............sorry pull outs* this season and there might be a few more as well before the action kicks off.

regards,

REB

Edit: Sorry mate, thought you meant Parko. Darcy had some personal shit to go through. I didn't ask. r.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Promotion time II - The Browns have pulled out and will be replaced by Gibbo's Underdogs who are up from Hogg Division II.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:19 pm

Hogg Division I 2011

17 Honda's Heros Honda07
18 Cork in the ocean Interceptor
19 MILLER MOSQUITOES hawksrule
20 Slammers Matt852
21 Underdogs Gibbo

22 Captain Who? Groover
23 BenjisBeasts Ben McDonnell

24 Dutchys Dodos Dutchy
25 wycbloods WYCBLOODS
26 Culshure Plus Greg Champion
27 Professor Crow SCD

28 The Dark Knights The Jack
29 Leisa's Lovelies Leisa
30 LKIF smiddaz

31 Gottagetagrigga SBJAC
32 cobras Dale

Teams entered and selected
Teams entered
Teams not entered yet

UPDATED LEAGUE

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:59 am

Cut off day promotions.

cdfcdevils and One Club Players will be removed from their current leagues in order to facilitate the promotions.

Division I

IN: Darcy DTF OUT: Dark Knights

Division III

IN: cdfcdevils OUT: OMG I got RKO'd

Division IV

IN: One Club Player OUT: cdfcdevils

Division VI

IN: stan (new team) OUT: One Club Player

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Hogg Division I 2011 Seeded list

17 Darcy DTF Darcy Trainor 49073
18 Honda's Heros Honda07 48331
19 Cork in the ocean Interceptor 48089
20 MILLERS MOSQUITOES hawksrule 48014
21 Slammers Matt852 47725
22 The Underdogs Gibbo 47670
23 Captain Who? Groover 47248
24 BenjisBeasts Ben McDonnell 47126
25 Dutchys Dodos Dutchy 46554
26 wycbloods WYCBLOODS 46508
27 Culshure Greg Champion 46073
28 Professor Crow SCD 45559
29 Leisa's Lovelies Leisa 44375
30 LKIF smiddaz 42576
31 Voss' junkyard SBJAC 42126
32 cobras Dale 38838

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Hogg Division I 2011 Preview

Postby Rik E Boy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Hogg Division I Preview

It’s going to be another very tough season in Division I with the standard being just as high as it was last season, perhaps even higher with last year’s Hogg Premier League champion getting a gig in Divvy I after dropping out of the Hogg in February.

Darcy was almost a non starter this year but put his hand up again and will be the team to beat in this league for season 2010, although Darcy won’t have it all his own way with the Hondas, Captain Who and The Slammers all strong contenders. Here’s the rundown of the teams in seeded order.

BERBA DTC

Last year’s Premier League Champion took the place of the Dark Knights after they failed to sign up in time before the cut off period. Darcy made the Grand Final of this comp in 2009 and smashed some loser in the Premier League Grand Final last year. Doesn’t lose too many games and was the number one ranked coach in the Hogg last year. The team to beat.

Honda’s Heroes

The Hondas have been promoted straight into Division I as the result of a lot of teams pulling out in the higher grades. With a mighty ranking from last season he’ll need all of that and a little more to win this competition but on last year’s form Hondas appear to be Darcy’s main threat. Probably the second favourite which makes him one of the candidates for promotion to Hogg Premier League next year if he can replicate last year’s form.

Cork in the Ocean

Interceptor had a solid season last year but fell down a bit during the finals in Hogg Division III. He was another coach to gain a rapid rise due to coaches in high leagues deciding not to continue. The Corks won’t be out of place in this company but will need to better manage their trade strategy to advance again next year. A top four candidate in this league.

MILLERS MOSQUITOES

There was quite a buzz about this side last year but despite scoring well they couldn’t get the job done in the head to head and ended up missing the eight altogether. This year they’ll make the eight but I reckon top four might be a step too far this season.

Slammers

Like Darc, Culshure, LKIF and the Mozzies, the Slammers are another coach coached by an AFL Online coach and like many of the coaches in their league they know what they are doing. The Slammers did it nicely last season and I reckon they go top six at least in this league. One to watch.

The Underdogs

Unlike last season when the Dogs dominated in the Piglet, this year they really will live up to their name in a much tougher league. Gibbo was probably much happier to be a Div III or Div II coach but the coaches in Div I and Premier were dropping like flies so Underdog was up up and away. Jury’s out. Could go anywhere from 4-10.

Captain Who?

Groover is a gun coach who has a history of being so close yet so far. This year could be his year. It is imperative to get a top four spot to advance and I reckon he has the skill and experience to do so. Top four for the Captain but it will be hard work getting into that Grand Final with Darcy on the scene.

Benji’s Beasts

A few years ago Benji was anything but a beast but he must have hollered for a Marshall because since then he was won two Hogg Premierships and is on the prowl. This will be the best league that the Beasts have ever been in though and it might be a jungle clearing too far. It would be hard to imagine him missing the eight so a 5-8 finish is my prediction for the Beasts this season.

Dutchy’s Dodos

The keeper of the Cash our very own Dutchman might have been wondering when I was going to report on his side after he had a much improved season last year to have a crack at the finals. Because he is a punter once he puts his money on here comes the research. However, if his Dodos are in the Lobster league cash might rule head and his Hogg League might be of secondary importance. That’s not going to be good enough in this company and he could end up just outside the eight.

wycbloods

The Bloods will need to improve yet again to maintain his spot in the eight but once again the bottom reaches of the eight appears to be his level. Now that bloods is in his third year of Hogg coaching you can expect the improvement to come but this field is brutal and the bloods might clot.

Culshure Plus

The Culshure Club puts in a lot of work into pre-season planning but can sometimes not look at his side for a few weeks in a row before climbing back into a frenzied period of activity once again. Can pull off the odd upset win but most of the coaches above should be looking at the four points against Greg Champion from AFL Online.

Professor Crow

Thankfully, I no longer have to type out Supre Cil Dlouhs or whatever they were called LOL. SCD has now graduated from Bovine University and suit up this year as Professor Crow. I was a bit surprised at the low seeding for SCD here but I think he can sneak into the eight again. He wasn’t all that far off a double chance last year. He’ll probably fight out 8th spot with Gibbo and Bloods I reckon.

Leisa’s Lovelies

I’m not expecting Mrs REB to be a force in this league as she doesn’t put much that much time into SuperCoach. In years past that wasn’t a problem but with the increasing depth of Division I she could be a chance for relegation. Anyone not wanting to be the Division I captain next season might need to think about tanking a few games to keep her out of the bottom four.

LKIF

Smiddaz’ has quite a good football brain but this has yet to translate into solid SuperCoach form as yet. He’ll go well early on but if he loses a couple of games he’ll be another coach who might take his eyes off the ball. His best is good enough to get into the eight so I expect LKIF to avoid the bottom four and challenge for the eight and finish around 9-12.

Voss’ Junkyard

SBJAC’s latest team name is probably his best effort. However the only Premier League he keeps his eye on is English Premier League and as a result I’m expecting him to fight it out in another relegation final which has become an annual event for this coach.

cobras

My Brother in law stunk it up badly in Division I last year but avoided the drop after winning his relegation final against Blue Boy. The cobras season tally last year is so bad that he qualified for the Bunny Bowl invitation list so you’d expect some level of improvement from Dale. He’ll improve, but not by enough to escape another relegation final.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:10 pm

I hope i show some improvement this year and make the top 4 that is the aim.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:46 pm

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 pm

Hogg Division I this season has been brutal. There has been some absolutely massive scoring with MILLERS MOSQUITOES leading the way with an impressive 2476. wycbloods had a very impressive victory over last year's Premier League champion BERBA DTC..a coach who is not easy to beat that's for sure. Piglet Premier Underdogs has started off with two wins and other Divvy I newbies Cork in the Ocean is another team that has made a very impressive start to the season.

The Captain has maintained his level of previous seasons and BERBA is dead stiff to be 1-1 after racking up 4661 in two weeks. Other top scoring teams in Benji's Beasts, Slammers, LKIF and Honda's Heroes are also 1-1 and you'll be doin well just to make the top eight in this comp.

There are a few teams down the bottom who already look out of business. Dutchy and Professor (SCD) Crow were both finalists last year but are only recording last year's scores which don't cut it in this season's Division I. cobras have improved but are still miles off it and Leisa's Lovelies respectable rather than brilliant scoring has left her with a Burger Ring in the W column.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm

Some good scores getting around here at the moment. Gonna be tough to make the finals as some people have been stiff losing with some very good scores.

Happy to have got the first two out the way with wins and hope the next few games i can do the same.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:45 pm

Not looking good for me this round against benji's beasts. I need Selwood and Ryder to beat Bartel and Sylvia by about 85 points so don't like my chances in that one. Selections has cost be a few points this week with a few emergencies outscoring those on the field by 20-50 points.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:31 pm

wycbloods wrote:Not looking good for me this round against benji's beasts. I need Selwood and Ryder to beat Bartel and Sylvia by about 85 points so don't like my chances in that one. Selections has cost be a few points this week with a few emergencies outscoring those on the field by 20-50 points.

Bartel had a blinder :evil: ending up losing to benji's beasts by 94.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy