Round 7 - Teams, Trades & Discussion.

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Round 7 - Teams, Trades & Discussion.

Postby Q. » Mon May 14, 2012 12:31 pm

OnSong wrote:I've got to start trading more. I've been waiting for my rookies/mid pricers to peak and they just about have.

I still have 21 trades left, $1 million in the bank, trying to work out how I can best use them in the multi-team byes and still have more for injury at the end of the season.

Some big decisions to make in coming weeks. Two upgrades for sure during the week. Has to be done.

How and why do you have so much money?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2012 12:42 pm

I made a conscious effort to not buy so many over-priced premiums this year and pick them up on the cheap.

If I could save $50k - $60k per premium, it's an extra premium player I can afford by mid-season.

Also, cash doesn't lose value, so I kept about $1 million to spend on upgrading rookies, rather than downgrading, I could easily do three or four direct premium upgrades, saving four downgrade trades.

So far, my trades have been Ablett (injury) - Marc Murphy , Fyfe (injury) - Pendlebury (saved about $100k on him but lost most of that on Fyfe) and Goodes (injury) - Horsely.

I've been burnt by the price drops of Dustin Martin, Nathan Fyfe and Dean Cox, although Cox has been good the last two weeks.

Team value is $10.9 million, with $1.3 million in the bank.

Steve Johnson and Matty Pavlich are both great value now, I wish I could use five trades this week with the cash in the bank. Lol.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 549 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 pm

OnSong wrote:I made a conscious effort to not buy so many over-priced premiums this year and pick them up on the cheap.

If I could save $50k - $60k per premium, it's an extra premium player I can afford by mid-season.

Also, cash doesn't lose value, so I kept about $1 million to spend on upgrading rookies, rather than downgrading, I could easily do three or four direct premium upgrades, saving four downgrade trades.

So far, my trades have been Ablett (injury) - Marc Murphy , Fyfe (injury) - Pendlebury (saved about $100k on him but lost most of that on Fyfe) and Goodes (injury) - Horsely.

I've been burnt by the price drops of Dustin Martin, Nathan Fyfe and Dean Cox, although Cox has been good the last two weeks.

Steve Johnson and Matty Pavlich are both great value now, I wish I could use five trades this week with the cash in the bank. Lol.

Just pm me your log in detail and I'll have a fiddle around for you ;) . Having trades and cash are essential for when it gets to the pointy end of the season as the better players get rested for a week here and there.
Are you in cash leagues? Are you playing for premierships or just points?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby Q. » Mon May 14, 2012 12:55 pm

Priddis will be great value in a few weeks.
Q.
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 14, 2012 1:05 pm

Q. wrote:Priddis will be great value in a few weeks.

Why's that? The wife has him in DT and she has to get rid of a midfielder for a DPP midfielder that can go forward, I've been telling her that it should be Priddis that goes.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2012 1:11 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:I made a conscious effort to not buy so many over-priced premiums this year and pick them up on the cheap.

Just pm me your log in detail and I'll have a fiddle around for you ;) . Having trades and cash are essential for when it gets to the pointy end of the season as the better players get rested for a week here and there.
Are you in cash leagues? Are you playing for premierships or just points?

Premierships. If I had a bit of luck at the start of the year the overall thing would have been good.
Struggling in Pineapple league though, about to go 1 and 4, which is less than ideal. The friggin Glory Shed is suddenly no easy beat, as has been the case previously. :lol:
Other leagues I have two or three wins on the board, which is about where I thought I would be.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

My thinking is I should be able to get some wins during the multi-team byes by saving my trades and planning well.

You can use three trades per week in those rounds, I'm guessing most will use all three to put a competitive side on the park, that's nine trades in three weeks.

So, at the end of round 13 (I think), most players will have less than 10 trades remaining. It's a 23 round season, that leaves another 10 weeks following those byes.

This is when I'm hoping I can get back some lost ground, from round 11 onwards. But I'm getting itchy trigger finger and will use two trades this week. Just to try and be competitive.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 pm

OnSong wrote:Premierships. If I had a bit of luck at the start of the year the overall thing would have been good.
Struggling in Pineapple league though, about to go 1 and 4, which is less than ideal. The friggin Glory Shed is suddenly no easy beat, as has been the case previously. :lol:
Other leagues I have two or three wins on the board, which is about where I thought I would be.

You can't win leagues if you don't make the top 8, while it's good to finish top 4 I don't see it as essential, having trades and cash at your disposal will always be of benefit, I've seen a few times someone come from nowhere to take the biscuits when it mattered the most.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Q. wrote:Priddis will be great value in a few weeks.

Why's that? The wife has him in DT and she has to get rid of a midfielder for a DPP midfielder that can go forward, I've been telling her that it should be Priddis that goes.

He was subbed out for 24SC due to concussion. Price will drop considerably in coming weeks.
Q.
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:Premierships. If I had a bit of luck at the start of the year the overall thing would have been good.

You can't win leagues if you don't make the top 8, while it's good to finish top 4 I don't see it as essential, having trades and cash at your disposal will always be of benefit, I've seen a few times someone come from nowhere to take the biscuits when it mattered the most.

That's right, I aim to make the top eight and currently sit in the top eight in a few leagues, just not Pineapple. Lol.
I would have taken being 3 and 2 or 2 and 3 after five rounds but 1 and 4 looks bad. Can't believe I'm going to lose to The Glory Shed and TEAM FISH is pounding me in Div II Hogg. Ack!
OnSong
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 14, 2012 1:43 pm

OnSong wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

That's right, I aim to make the top eight and currently sit in the top eight in a few leagues, just not Pineapple. Lol.
I would have taken being 3 and 2 or 2 and 3 after five rounds but 1 and 4 looks bad. Can't believe I'm going to lose to The Glory Shed and TEAM FISH is pounding me in Div II Hogg. Ack!

You are getting pounded because you have the equivalent of two elite players sitting as cash doing nothing.
Q.
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2012 1:54 pm

This week, yes. I will accept that.

I had both Steve J and Matty Pav as ins this week but reversed the trades to bring in Horsely and let my cash cows bloom fully.

Problem is, have I left some of them in the pasture too long? I'll still get another $20k out of Magner, Smith and Kennedy. Ack!

I want to bring in midfielders but I have to trade in a premium defender. I'm terrified of Heath Shaw now and I have to plan properly for the bye rounds.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 14, 2012 2:01 pm

Q. wrote:
He was subbed out for 24SC due to concussion. Price will drop considerably in coming weeks.

Yeah, I thought there may have been a hidden message in there somewhere. I don't think he gets enough "big" scores to justify his price.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon May 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Traded in H Mac to cover for the injured McEvoy and now he is injured :evil:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bigshow82 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:29 pm

2099 with Goddard, Kruezer and Milera left too play. Need Murphy to have a bit of a stinker to win a couple of my leagues especially in Hogg Champions League as my opponent has him as captain. Will be some close finishes in most my leagues.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby CoverKing » Mon May 14, 2012 3:34 pm

If Murphy can have one more stinker in the next 2 weeks, he is going to be prime to pick after Carltons bye. Come on Murphy, do it for me!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 14, 2012 3:35 pm

CoverKing wrote:If Murphy can have one more stinker in the next 2 weeks, he is going to be prime to pick after Carltons bye. Come on Murphy, do it for me!

:butthead: :axe: :finga:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Good chance he'll sub-100 under a Jones tag.
Q.
Coach

Postby OnSong » Mon May 14, 2012 4:26 pm

Q. wrote:Good chance he'll sub-100 under a Jones tag.

Who gets Judd then?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Frosty » Mon May 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Currently sitting on 1909 with Scotland, Goddard, Murphy, Kreuzer and Robinson to play tonight. If they all get their average scores I'm sitting on 2391 - if a couple of them over achieve I'm cracking the 2400 mark for my best score ever!!
Frosty
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy