Round 10 Discussion

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Round 10 Discussion

Postby helicopterking » Fri May 31, 2013 1:22 pm

piccachu wrote:
yep as long as the person you initially put the C on or are going to put the C on has not played yet...
i.e. if you put the C on Rockliff tonight as he is not playing that is locked in once the game starts, you'll need to put it on a RICH or WC player for example as they play Monday Night, that will allow you to change the C to another player who has not yet played.

I put the VC on a player either playing a friday night or early sat game and ensure i have a back up to put the C on for the saturday night or sunday games. Last week the loophole on Stevie J worked nicely for 151. Had to sucks up a 30 from Kennedy who was my emergency on the bench though as i put Crouch on the field and made him C.

So for example i can put my skipper as Mayes (BRL) who is not playing, staker as my emergency then have swan as my VC, if Swanny spuds up can then change my C to someone like Ablett who hasnt played yet?

Exactly my dilemma
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 675 times

Postby Hondo » Fri May 31, 2013 1:34 pm

I have Naita, Cox and Currie who I could swap around after Saturday night's games if I wanted to make Currie my donut captain and take my VC score as captain.

It's a question of whether that VC should be Gaz this week.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Daw and Dwyer out. Franklin and Kennedy (from clollingwood) in...

Not much of a cash cow Kennedy but a handy dual position type though.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby cossi11 » Fri May 31, 2013 2:40 pm

piccachu wrote:
yep as long as the person you initially put the C on or are going to put the C on has not played yet...
i.e. if you put the C on Rockliff tonight as he is not playing that is locked in once the game starts, you'll need to put it on a RICH or WC player for example as they play Monday Night, that will allow you to change the C to another player who has not yet played.

I put the VC on a player either playing a friday night or early sat game and ensure i have a back up to put the C on for the saturday night or sunday games. Last week the loophole on Stevie J worked nicely for 151. Had to sucks up a 30 from Kennedy who was my emergency on the bench though as i put Crouch on the field and made him C.

So for example i can put my skipper as Mayes (BRL) who is not playing, staker as my emergency then have swan as my VC, if Swanny spuds up can then change my C to someone like Ablett who hasnt played yet?

Nah, if you make Mayes your C (he plays tonight) then that is locked in, you need to make it someone who won't play til later in the round, hence me giving you the RICH v WC game as an example. So if you make Vlastuin your C you can change it if you VC spuds it up. If your VC goes well you will need to bring someone on to your field, that is going to be 0 but also there team has not played yet.

The key to this is that if the team has played then the position and C and VC is locked in, if they havent played then you can alter and switch until the start of their game.
2020 AFL Premiers: Richmond 12.9.81 def Geelong 7.8.50
2019 AFL Premiers: Richmond 17.12.114 def Greater Western Sydney 3.7.25
2017 AFL Premiers: Adelaide 8.12.60 def by Richmond 16.12.108
2012 D5 Premiers: Brahma Lodge 24.15.159 def Hope Valley 7.13.55
cossi11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 91 times

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri May 31, 2013 3:47 pm

cossi11 wrote:
piccachu wrote:

Nah, if you make Mayes your C (he plays tonight) then that is locked in, you need to make it someone who won't play til later in the round, hence me giving you the RICH v WC game as an example. So if you make Vlastuin your C you can change it if you VC spuds it up. If your VC goes well you will need to bring someone on to your field, that is going to be 0 but also there team has not played yet.

The key to this is that if the team has played then the position and C and VC is locked in, if they havent played then you can alter and switch until the start of their game.

Tonight Pendles is my VC and GAJ is my Skipper. If Pendles pumps out say 130+ then I'll contemplate bringing Viney on and giving him the big C and making the departing midfielder, e.g Stevens, the emergency, this auto subs Stevens score and make Pendles the honorary captain for the week...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Jim05 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:16 pm

Cloke a possible late omission tonight
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3575 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Johno6 » Fri May 31, 2013 7:02 pm

Confirmed. He's out jim.
Replaced by Clarke.
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Interceptor » Fri May 31, 2013 9:52 pm

Moloney subbed out in the 3rd damnit :(
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby carey » Fri May 31, 2013 9:55 pm

Ok so just for the stupid ones (like me) I have Swan as my V/C and Gaz as my captain so if I bring Viney on to the field knowing his a 0 I can make him Capt which will in fact make Swan my Capt who looks to be having a good night?

Also I have Kennedy (coll) as an Emrg who looks like he may end up ok tonight could I bring in my other bench player into the 22 after tonight's knowing he is a 0 therfore cashing in on Kennedy's score?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Q. » Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm

carey wrote:Ok so just for the stupid ones (like me) I have Swan as my V/C and Gaz as my captain so if I bring Viney on to the field knowing his a 0 I can make him Capt which will in fact make Swan my Capt who looks to be having a good night?

Also I have Kennedy (coll) as an Emrg who looks like he may end up ok tonight could I bring in my other bench player into the 22 after tonight's knowing he is a 0 therfore cashing in on Kennedy's score?

Yes to both.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm

You would be spewing if you held onto Heater :shock:
Last edited by Q. on Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Q.
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm

Yes
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri May 31, 2013 9:58 pm

Think I will get beaten in most leagues this week.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby carey » Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Q. wrote:
carey wrote:Ok so just for the stupid ones (like me) I have Swan as my V/C and Gaz as my captain so if I bring Viney on to the field knowing his a 0 I can make him Capt which will in fact make Swan my Capt who looks to be having a good night?

Yes to both.

Cheers Q man.

Good luck on your deck tomorrow if it looks like my back yard your in real trouble!

It's my first A grade game for the year tomorrow starting Full Back first time in my life I've ever played at Full Back therefore I say bring on the weather! Lol
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2813 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri May 31, 2013 10:08 pm

Just remember, if swan doesn't score big, whack the captain on someone else. Before Melbourne play.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri May 31, 2013 10:14 pm

carey wrote:Cheers Q man.

Good luck on your deck tomorrow if it looks like my back yard your in real trouble!

It's my first A grade game for the year tomorrow starting Full Back first time in my life I've ever played at Full Back therefore I say bring on the weather! Lol

Mate, I think we'll all be going for a swim tomorrow. No better time to play full-back than when when it's too wet to mark the footy :lol:
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri May 31, 2013 11:00 pm

Q. wrote:You would be spewing if you held onto Heater :shock:

**** me dead, still managed to rackup an SC ton
Q.
Coach

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Fri May 31, 2013 11:02 pm

Very suss.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:34 am

Swan 131 to use that as the skipper or not that is the question. Macaffer's 100 on the pine as well not sure who I should send to the bench if anyone or back all 6 premiums there to do the job
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:02 am

I would be taking swans score as captain. Like money in the bank.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy