Hogg Division VI 2013

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Division VI 2013

Postby Alaska » Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:43 pm

Beware the Jocks 6 trades left and $200k in the Bank will be now upgrading dead wood! 8)
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:52 pm

Semi Final Reviews

1st Semi Final

Jays Jocks 2243
Harro's Wombats 2240

Jays Jocks have come from behind to defeat Harro's Wombats in one of the best finals in the Hogg this week. This will be scant consolation for Harro's Wombats who appeared to be well and truly in command on several occasions throughout the weekend. In the end Dustin Martin might have claimed another victim as his 25 was lower than anything the Jocks served up over the weekend. Harro was unlucky to miss the double chance and unlucky to lose this semi but he seems like a top SuperCoach and he'll be having plenty of top matchups with the likes of Jays Jocks and Wacky Tigers next season in Division V.

1st Semi Final

Adelaide Crows 2082
Venomous Geckos 1960

The Adelaide Crows still haven't got their mojo back but they have done enough to knock the Venomous Geckos out of Division VI. The Crows' score was hamstrung by Heppell and Shaw but emergency Viney came to the rescue on the Sunday to to cover for the Tom Mitchell donut. The Geckos high price ruck set up underperformed and guess who Dustin Martin bobbed up for Callum to record a sub 2000 score which left him well short of Ray's score. Well done the Crows and see you next week for the rematch against Straycat Strut who have yet to win a final in two grades this season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby RKJ » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:00 pm

My team is going to need to lift for me to stand a chance this week, IF Heppell doesn't get up I am dead as well most likely with no backline back up.
RKJ
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Division VI Prelim Previews

1st Preliminary Final 1 - Straycat Strut vs. 3 - Adelaide Crows

Straycat Strut dominated in Division V and Division VI during the minor round but hasn't fired a shot in the major round of either division so far. The Strutties only qualified for this match because of their number one ranking after the Qualifying final against Jays Jocks was all square. The Adelaide Crows' form has headed south in recent weeks as their scoring has dropped away as well. For one of these misfiring teams a grand final berth awaits. Last time around the Crows won narrowly so the Strutties are pretty keen to square the legend and qualify for the Champions League next year. The Strutties have been struck by blokes such as Heath Shaw, Dustin Martin, Nat Fyfe and Nick Dal Santo underperforming so a lift from these blokes would be welcome. Adelaide Crows will be looking for another stellar game by Todd Goldstein who helped sink me last time. The availability or otherwise of Trent Cotchin is vital for the Crows because Mitchell is also doubtful and Viney can't ton up two weeks straight you wouldn't think. I reckon my lads can square the ledger and advance. My tip - Straycat Strut.

2nd Preliminary Final 2 - Wacky Tigers vs. 4 - Jays Jocks

Jays Jocks are being pumped up by Alaska but he couldn't beat an out of sorts Strut combination and only just fell over the line against the Wombats last week. But looking at the Jocks they don't look like they are going to get pulled down anytime soon. Wacky Tigers have been a brilliant team all season long and this match would have been a fairer Grand Final as they both appear stronger than the Crows and the Strutties. However, only one can go through to the Grand Final and earn that Champions League invitation. I believe it is the Tigers' backline selection that will decide this game. The Wacky Tigers can't afford to have an underperforming defender on field and risk having a hundred on the bench. The temptation to bench Yarran and Shaw will be enormous for the Tigers this week. The Jocks have similar issues in the backline having Hanley and Shaw but only have Staker and possible donut The Hoon on the bench. A donut on the field with Shaw on the bench as emergency could be a shrewd move. Expect both sides to line up with a Magpie VC for the second bite of the Captaincy cherry and the presence of Dane Beams in the Tigers outfit suggests he has kept some powder dry. In a very tough match to predict I can see the Jocks getting home in another close final. My tip - Jays Jocks.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy