Tactics

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Tactics

Postby Hondo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:24 pm

My feeling on injury risk players like Higgins is that they are worth the punt if you are really sure on what the upside is. ie, Chapman, Cox (this year), Drummond (prev years). As long as they are fit you know you are going to get the big scores out of them. With Higgins however I don't see the regular big scores to justify the risk.

Another player like that this year is Jack Grimes. However in his case I see some really big regular scores while he stays fit.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Q. » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:33 pm

Hondo wrote:My feeling on injury risk players like Higgins is that they are worth the punt if you are really sure on what the upside is. ie, Chapman, Cox (this year), Drummond (prev years). As long as they are fit you know you are going to get the big scores out of them. With Higgins however I don't see the regular big scores to justify the risk.

Another player like that this year is Jack Grimes. However in his case I see some really big regular scores while he stays fit.

I have both.

I think a fit Higgins can avg 100 PPG (20 PPG increase on two previous seasons), which is why he'll be the only mid-pricer I take a punt on. He's only 22 and will get better.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 pm

Quichey wrote:
Hondo wrote:My feeling on injury risk players like Higgins is that they are worth the punt if you are really sure on what the upside is. ie, Chapman, Cox (this year), Drummond (prev years). As long as they are fit you know you are going to get the big scores out of them. With Higgins however I don't see the regular big scores to justify the risk.

I have both.

I think a fit Higgins can avg 100 PPG (20 PPG increase on two previous seasons), which is why he'll be the only mid-pricer I take a punt on. He's only 22 and will get better.

High scores of 141, 124, 124, 121 in 2009 and four tons last year suggest the potential is there. Obviously his average gets hurt when he shits out a 20, but these have tended to happen when he was hobbling around on one leg.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2397 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Hondo » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 pm

I think part of my reservation is my hellish experience with Robbie Gray last year :(

I had Higgins in 2009 until round 19 (rode out one 4 week injury absence and traded him on the second one) and he was good I agree.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:17 am

Higgins will gun it this year. Until I pick him, then he'll trip over his shadow and be out for six weeks. GRRR.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby unknown source » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:20 pm

my tactic is to win Australia wide super coach
unknown source
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time