Hogg Premier League 2014

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2014

Postby One Club Player » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:26 am

I've got Pendles, Beams, Fyfe, Barlow & Stevie J but Wingard to cover one of them versus Darksiders who has Pendles, Beams, Fyfe & JPK and no cover (maybe Hartung I guess). I hope you're right about him having no trades left Hondo!
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Preliminary Finals Preview

Has Been vs. Darksiders SCE

Redline

Beeners: Ffye, Barlow, Beams, Johnson
Darkside: Ffye, Beams, JPK

Uniques

Beeners: Hanley, B Smith, Barlow, Johnson, Goddard, Wingard, Nick Nat, Stef, Buddy, Dollhouse
Darkside: Simpson, Hurn, Sloane, Cotch, JPK, Sauce, Gray, Higgins, Pav, Hartung

The Word

Not all of the above are confirmed redlines. Steve Johnson not a confirmed out as yet and I'm not sure on Barlow but both are understood to be unlikely to play. I have heard a whisper though that JPK may yet suit up for the Swannies. Pendlebury copped a footy on an old Corky that caused his muscle to spasm so I'm expecting Pendles to play.

At this stage Darksiders looks to have more weapons. Darksider uniques Sauce, Gray, Sloane and Cotch are all in pretty good form. On the other hand the Has Been uniques aren't as strong. Hanley and Smith have gone off the boil and apart from Buddy, Goddard and especially Stefan Martin you couldn't really count on the rest. Looking at the above I reckon that Darksiders will advance to yet another Grand Final, especially if JPK plays.

Cork in the Ocean vs. Buddy Franklin

Redline

Corky: Beams, Johnson, Harvey
Buddy: Ffye, Beams, Ward, Johnson, Harvey

Uniques

Corky: Simpson, Burgers, Mitchell, Rockliff, Goddard, Sloane, Pendles, Sauce, Parker, Gray, Dusty, Shenton.
Buddy: Hanley, Malceski, Birchall, Ward, Cotch, Fyfe, Miles, Swan, Nick Nat, Buddy, Tex, Pav, Cameron.

The Word

Budd is in more trouble than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest. Not only does he have all of Corky's sidelined troops he has come up with a couple of extra of his own. I'm not sure if Ward will miss this week or not but after their big win over Melbourne last week there isn't really a need for GWS to risk their best player now that the spoon has been avoided so any doubt would lead him to miss.

Cotch and Malceski will do well for Buddy but Corky can counter with Rockliff, Sloane, a rested Pendlebury, Sauce, Parker and Gray. You just can't see Buddy getting throug this one and I predict a comfortable victory to Cork in the Ocean.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby One Club Player » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Somehow got over the Darkside despite copping Murphy's early sub and donuts from Nic Nat and Dusty late outs. My trade ins of Rocky and Parker really stood up
One Club Player
Rookie

Postby Hondo » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 pm

One Club Player wrote:Somehow got over the Darkside despite copping Murphy's early sub and donuts from Nic Nat and Dusty late outs. My trade ins of Rocky and Parker really stood up

He had a shocker all round. I played him in the Elite league and won despite a shocking 1931 and 3 donuts.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby One Club Player » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:35 am

Hondo wrote:
One Club Player wrote:Somehow got over the Darkside despite copping Murphy's early sub and donuts from Nic Nat and Dusty late outs. My trade ins of Rocky and Parker really stood up

He had a shocker all round. I played him in the Elite league and won despite a shocking 1931 and 3 donuts.

Yeah I was happy with 2,205 including 3 donuts and a 27. Thank god I had some trades otherwise I would have had 5 donuts!
One Club Player
Rookie

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:19 am

Preliminary Final Results

Has Been 2205
Darksiders SCE 1809

Cork in the Ocean 2442
Buddy Franklin 1638

SuperCoach carnage hit hard in the Premier League Preliminary Finals with Buddy Franklin carding as season low 1638 as he tumbled out of the premiership race with a massive 804 point loss to Corky. In the other Prelim Darksiders' finals run came to an end at the hands of Has Been by nearly four hundred points as the late outs hit Reuben harder than they did for One Club Player.

This means that there will be a new Hogg Premier League champion this season after Q Before You, Darksiders and Captain Who have dominated the big game in recent seasons. Corky is in his third Premier League campaign and this one has been his best so far. Has Been has been a solid player since they joined the Hogg but this weekend's match will be the biggest of his Hogg career as he is only now one match away from climbing to the very top of the Hogg Mountain.

Both of these teams were good enough to make the top four and ride out the fortnight of carnage so it looks like it is going to be a very competitive Grand Final this weekend. Good luck to both teams.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1705 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy