Hogg Division VI 2011

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Division VI 2011

Postby Masha » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 pm

LMA wrote:Speaking of trades, how many does Buddy have left ?

1 left, but holding out incase I make the GF, have cover for Pav for now, if I get through Ill trade him out. Big gamble!!!

The one that will hurt is if Mitchell is withdrawn. That would destroy the side!!!

Very sceptical on Mitchell, Broughton and Cox playing. Fingers crossed all play, otherwise could get ugly in favour of the sleeves!!!
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 pm

PRELIMINARY FINALS PREVIEW

Winners of these matches will progress through to the Division VI Grand Final and will be invited to participate in the inaugural Hogg Champions League for season 2012. Buddy Franklin has been the dominant team all season in this league but recent posts tend to suggest a very nervous coach. When I was looking at the lineups I noticed a serious discrepency in the Wizard Sleeves....they had a graphic of their jumper and....NO SLEEVES! What's the deal with that! Greedy Guns and Hamsik you star line up in the other game so plenty to play for this week for the Preliminary finalists.

1. Buddy Franklin vs. 2. The Wizard Sleeves

This is the price the Sleeves are paying for losing that Qualifying Final a couple of weeks ago. Instead of facing up to pels the Sleevers must take on the might of Buddy Franklin, the scoring machine of Division VI. Buddy has a few players not available as does Sleeves who still has Heath Shawing up the backline. I reckon that Buddy has the better coverage and even though his scoring might be down this week, I'm tipping a Buddy Franklin victory.

3. Greedy Guns vs. 5. Hamsik you star

You can stick a fork in Hamsik, they're done. That backline is full of holes at the moment and simply can't afford to be without Byrce Gibbs. With Jacobs as number seven and some other Port nuffy to come in I can't see pels' mob kicking a winning score against Greedy Guns who can boast backups in Lower, Cross and I Smith to cover the missing players that appear on each line of the guns. In all of the teams I've looked at when writing these previews, Hamsik you star looks to be the weakest I have seen and I can't see anything other than a comfortable Greedy Guns victory.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby pels » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Nice preview REB, geez you were harsh but correct by backline has more holes than jarseberg cheese.
Anything can happen [-o<
pels
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:39 pm

pels wrote:Nice preview REB, geez you were harsh but correct by backline has more holes than jarseberg cheese.
Anything can happen [-o<

I wish your backline looked like that when I played you in the Pineapple league. That loss cost me a top four spot and I went out first week! #-o

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
pels wrote:Nice preview REB, geez you were harsh but correct by backline has more holes than jarseberg cheese.
Anything can happen [-o<

I wish your backline looked like that when I played you in the Pineapple league. That loss cost me a top four spot and I went out first week! #-o

regards,

REB

His backline may have a few holes but WOW what a midfiled. I thought I had put together a decent midfield but I think Pels has me covered there. One trade used so far to upgrade Pav, just trying to decide the best way to use the other trade. Captain selection will be crucial in this game. If Pels gets it right and I am off a little I could be in big trouble.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:07 am

Yeah it's not easy to win these fantasy flags. Hang on, how the feck would I know!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:19 pm

:lol: Nice work REB
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:38 pm

30 mins to go and 1 trade left to use this week but still no idea what to do with it ](*,) ~x(
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:30 mins to go and 1 trade left to use this week but still no idea what to do with it ](*,) ~x(

Ended up trading out lower and kept broughton. Got that one wrong I think.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:28 am

Bigshow82 wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:30 mins to go and 1 trade left to use this week but still no idea what to do with it ](*,) ~x(

Ouch, probably a good move though if you prevail this week.
I can't believe Broughton and Didak scored the same last night, there is no SC lovin for Didak at the moment has had 60 possessions in the last 2 weeks for a total of 140 SC points :(
LMA
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:34 am

Bigshow82 wrote:

Lower 121, Broughton 70 and I think that is Broughton's best score for the last three or four rounds.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Bigshow82 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:

Lower 121, Broughton 70 and I think that is Broughton's best score for the last three or four rounds.

regards,

REB

Oh well you get some right and some wrong. Hopefully it does not hurt too much.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby Masha » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Rioli, Smith, Mzungu and Mitchell pulling out (no coverage with Smith already in) has hurt really bad, I am sure I am not the only one, but I know that Wizard Sleeves isnt one!!! 3 games down, and my season is basically over. Will take a miracle from here.

Wizard, your team is so well balanced, and seems to be made for the final 4 rounds with minimal outs over the last 4 weeks, and plenty of bench cover. Well played.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Postby Masha » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:51 pm

Masha wrote:Rioli, Smith, Mzungu and Mitchell pulling out (no coverage with Smith already in) has hurt really bad, I am sure I am not the only one, but I know that Wizard Sleeves isnt one!!! 3 games down, and my season is basically over. Will take a miracle from here.

Wizard, your team is so well balanced, and seems to be made for the final 4 rounds with minimal outs over the last 4 weeks, and plenty of bench cover. Well played.

Pup on the bench really hurts...even though I heard whispers that Mitchell was in doubt, I decided not to exercise the MP rule and put Pup in defence, and would have freed Smith in the mids as cover for Mitchell with Goddard as a mid. The choices you make, and this week, they were bad!!!
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bigshow82 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Up by 33 against Pels. Other than players we have both got I have Ablett as captain left and he has Jonas, lobbe and cotchin. I could be in big trouble if Ablett does not have a blinder.
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:36 pm

Masha wrote:Rioli, Smith, Mzungu and Mitchell pulling out (no coverage with Smith already in) has hurt really bad, I am sure I am not the only one, but I know that Wizard Sleeves isnt one!!! 3 games down, and my season is basically over. Will take a miracle from here.

Cheers mate. After being by far the best team this season you've copped some rotten luck this week Masha, especially with Mitchell and Rioli both potentially massive scorers. Unfortunately I suppose that's the nature of this beast, Supercoach
LMA
Coach

Postby LMA » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:51 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:Up by 33 against Pels. Other than players we have both got I have Ablett as captain left and he has Jonas, lobbe and cotchin. I could be in big trouble if Ablett does not have a blinder.

I reckon if Gaz gets anything over 100 your pretty safe, you wouldn't want cotchin to pull out one of his 130 odd point games though.
LMA
Coach

Postby pels » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:57 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:Up by 33 against Pels. Other than players we have both got I have Ablett as captain left and he has Jonas, lobbe and cotchin. I could be in big trouble if Ablett does not have a blinder.

Hoping the Norwood lad Jonas and Lobbe can have blinders, it could be very close :-ss
Last edited by pels on Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pels
League Bench Warmer

Postby pels » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:59 pm

LMA wrote:

I reckon if Gaz gets anything over 100 your pretty safe, you wouldn't want cotchin to pull out one of his 130 odd point games though.

130 from Cotchin will be very nice and Gaz to do a hammy in the 1st Qtr
pels
League Bench Warmer

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:40 pm

PRELIMINARY FINALS RESULTS

The Wizard Sleeves 2318 d. Buddy Franklin 2076
Greedy Guns 2253 d. Hamsik you star 2222

Sensational news in six this weekend with unbackable premiership favourite Buddy Franklin falling in a massive hole in the Preliminary Final. If you've ever heard the expression...it is their flag to lose then you'd be talking about Buddy who made scoring 2400 as easy as sleeping in on a Sunday Morning. The Wizard Sleeves ran out of trades even earlier than I did this season and yet here they are in the Division VI Grand Final with an invitation to participate in next year's Hogg Champions League on the way. Another side who will be in this league will be the Greedy Guns who fought out a close win against Hamsik who made a good account of themselves in the finals.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy