Hogg Premier League 2015

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2015

Postby CoverKing » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:33 pm

Nic Nat out :(
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby fish » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:31 pm

CoverKing wrote:I decided against trading because the many outs I had. I nearly went Nic Nat to Stefan Martin to try and salvage the win. Glad I didn't because i would have lost by 4 points. Here's to Nic Nat returning this week and going huge!

Hoping to get Deledio and Fyfe back and make another upgrade to have cover up forward and in the mids.

Unfortunately NicNat will be out again this week :(

West Coast ruckman Nic Naitanui has been ruled out of Sunday's Western Derby at Domain Stadium, while star Fremantle pair Matthew Pavlich and David Mundy are in doubt. Naitanui is still in Fiji following the death of his mother, with the funeral to be held on Friday. "He won't be available this week," Eagles coach Adam Simpson said. "He's travelling as well as he could be. The funeral arrangements are for Friday. So he'll come back next week.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/ ... t-of-derby
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:04 pm

Hogg Premier League Semi Finals Preview

1st Semi Final Squeakeroos DTC vs. Hondo SCC

Worry FIle

Squeaky - Oxley/Hamling, Yeo, Adams.
Hondo - Pearce/Edwards, Naitanui, Franklin/Hogan

The Word

The Squeakeroos go into this Semi Final as favourites as their worries don't involve the absence of two premo players. A decision needs to be made by all Nick Nat owners this weekend. While everyone wants to retain trades it's not much good having trades up the sleeve if you are punted out in the Semis. The problem is, Nick Nat owners already qualified for the Prelims can afford to sit and wait. That is a luxury that Hondo does not have. Hondo has coverage for Franklin but Hogan isn't the type of player to pull two tons in a row so this is an official worry for them. Squeaky needs to move on Oxley because you couldn't carry Hamling in a final and the form of Yeo in recent weeks almost means they are carrying two Hamlings.

This will be a tight final as Hondo has proven himself to be almost indestructible this season but I reckon it all ends this week and Squeakeroos DTC will live to fight another day. Squeakeroos DTC by 68 points.

2nd Semi FInal Cotch Lickers vs. Q Before You

Worry File

Cotch - Naitanui
Q - Lever/Hamling, Griffen,

The Word

CoverKings' ability to cover Nick Nat will determine whether or not he can advance to the Preliminary Final next week. Last week Cotch played it cool and was prepared to cop a Quallie loss but this the last chance saloon here so if he's got anything in reserve Cotch's selection for the second Ruck is a crucial one. Q man has Gawn in as second ruck so that seems like the obvious move to make so the big Demon can't derail his season. You'd expect Maxy to score well against the Bullies. Q also has to worry about Ryan Griffen, possibly the most frustrating player in SuperCoach. He picks and chooses when to go and as such can't be relied upon to produce a good score. It's almost worth sticking with Lever over Hamling and upgrading Griff if Q has the coin because another 60 from Griffen will be the end of Q this season.

CoverKing won't throw in the towel this week and if he has any trades left then he wins this final. My tip - Cover King by 96.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby CoverKing » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:46 pm

Got to decide what ruck I bring in and also what forward/mid to bring in!
Blicavs or Maxxy Gawn?!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:51 pm

CoverKing wrote:Got to decide what ruck I bring in and also what forward/mid to bring in!
Blicavs or Maxxy Gawn?!

Tough choice. You have to be worried about Jamar's inclusion for Melbourne. In dream team, I went for Jacobs. I reckon he will score well against Essendon.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:14 pm

It's almost worth holding trades to counter any late withdrawals that your opponent can't cover.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby CoverKing » Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Jamar only an emergency now. I will go for Gawn but can do that tomorrow when sides confirmed.

Thinking of keeping rest the same and saving the other trade for this week if an injury comes late as Q said
CoverKing
Coach

Postby One Club Player » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Thought someone would get the jump on their opponent with the Parker injury last night but all 4 of you playing have him!

Good for me and Rolfy next week though as we don't him
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Q. » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:23 pm

Higgins' KO might be the decider instead.
Q.
Coach

Postby Hondo » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:26 pm

It's sacrilege I know but I don't think I'm going to win and now with Parker cactus for the year and Naita I assume back next week I've made the tough call and will hold the NicNat donut.

I have two trades left but I can see my last 3 weeks being no fun at all and donut central if I burn a trade now.

Wines, Beams, Naita and Buddy ... Too many outs in the last few weeks have done me in. Just gonna cop it sweet and come back next year :(

No point trading and still losing
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby fish » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Hondo wrote:It's sacrilege I know but I don't think I'm going to win and now with Parker cactus for the year and Naita I assume back next week I've made the tough call and will hold the NicNat donut.

I have two trades left but I can see my last 3 weeks being no fun at all and donut central if I burn a trade now.

Wines, Beams, Naita and Buddy ... Too many outs in the last few weeks have done me in. Just gonna cop it sweet and come back next year :(

No point trading and still losing

Am in a similar position in my Hogg I matchup. Am going to wait until the last minute to decide whether to go NicNat to Sandi and burn my last trade.

If my game is a lost cause I'll cop the donut and use my last trade for Parker next week to maximise my season total and hopefully jag a place in Hogg Elite
fish
Coach

Has liked: 184 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby CoverKing » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Nic Nat to Gawn confirmed for me.
Sloane, Armitage and Danger all going huge has made it bloody hard for me to win.
Projected to lose by 40 with Sunday's games to go. Need Picken and Dalhaus to turn in a shocker.

Next week I'm going Parker to Danger so would hate for Danger to cost me a prelim spot this week!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:02 pm

CoverKing wrote:Nic Nat to Gawn confirmed for me.
Sloane, Armitage and Danger all going huge has made it bloody hard for me to win.
Projected to lose by 40 with Sunday's games to go. Need Picken and Dalhaus to turn in a shocker.

Next week I'm going Parker to Danger so would hate for Danger to cost me a prelim spot this week!

Dalhaus and Picken scoring well, you'll need Mundy and Priddis to go big.
Q.
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:51 pm

You'll need 337 from Mundy & Priddis
Q.
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:51 pm

And won't get close to that. Thought I had you so went Gawn. Could of gone Sandilands although wouldn't have made a difference. Too good!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Hogg Premier Semi Finals

1st Semi Final
Squeakeroos DTC 2574
Hondo SCC 2319

2nd Semi Final
Q Before You 2671
Cotch Lickers 2542

The Q Man has made a statement in the Semi Final weekend as his massive 2671 bitch-slapped the Cotch Lickers out of this year's premiership race. CoverKing can count himself pretty unlucky not to get the win here with 2542 but it was a high scoring round and Q's team appears to be tweaked for a serious tilt at a second Premier League title.

In the other Semi Squeaky avoided the fate of CoverKing as they accounted for Hondo SCC fairly comfortably. Hondo had just too many holes to fill and Squeaky is up and about this season and they certainly didn't deserve to go out in straight sets. In the Prelims next week Squeaky has a big task to unset Has Been who have the benefit of having rested players ha ha. Meanwhile, the only Premier League rookie who is still in the hunt, Ben Rolfsburgers is up against the mighty Q who all of a sudden is on the rampage.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:12 am

Absolutely spanked as expected and trading in the rucks wouldn't have saved me as expected

Just too many outs at once over the last 2 weeks despite me having trades left

I couldn't catch a break

Well done to Q and Squeakaroos
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:04 pm

Hogg Premier Preliminary Finals Preview

1st Preliminary Final Ben Rolfsburgers vs. Q Before You

Worry File
Rolfs - T Mitchell, Hamling
Q - Picken, H Goddard, Armitage, Parker, T Mitchell, Steele

The Word

The cruel hand of fate appears to have intervened in this match. Q will be forced to bring in Goddard to cover for Picken but he can't cover all of Parker, MItchell and Armitage. Add to that Mid/Fwd coverage Steele is out as well. Q's squad was healthier than most as recently as a fortnight ago but the SuperCoach Gods have dealt him a massive boot in the Jatz Crackers here. Parker and MItchell would be the two I would trade out but who Q Brings in is an absolute mystery. I think the toys might be already out of the Cot for Q Man and who could blame him? Benny boy can sit back with a smirk and save his trades. Benny has Kane Lambert as coverage for Mitchell so he can save his trades for the Grand Final which he now looks like qualifying for. My tip - Ben Rolfsburgers by 209 points.

2nd Preliminary Final Has Been vs. Squeakeroos DTC

Worry File
Beeners - T Mitchell
Squeaky - Picken, Parker, Mitchell

The Word

The SuperCoach Gods appear to have had a hand in this final also as Squeaky is starting behind the eight ball before the first mouse is clicked. Both teams have Tommy Mitchell not suiting up but Squeaky has been derailed by the Parker train and the Bulldogs' callous decision to rest Picken. Don't these friggin coaches know that SuperCoach premierships are at stake? I think Squeaky can still make a good fist of this game but surely Has Been's attention must now shift to how he can maximise his chances of overcoming a very strong looking Rolfs combination. Yep, I'm tipping against Squeaky again but I can't see him getting out of it this time. My tip - Has Been by 108 points.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:46 pm

Q.
Coach

Postby One Club Player » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Looks like Rolfy and my boys freshen up the bodies with the week off and been rewarded at the selection table. A good VC choice can turn all that around pretty quickly though
One Club Player
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy