Hogg Division I 2010

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Division I 2010

Postby CoverKing » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:16 am

Hondo wrote:Goddamm Hurn is out again this week but luckily The Dark Knights has him too as well as Dangerfield

Only traded Hurn in 3 weeks ago ... 1 spud score and now out for 2 weeks :oops:

You trying to say it was a good trade?? ;)
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby The Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:14 pm

Hondo wrote:Goddamm Hurn is out again this week but luckily The Dark Knights has him too as well as Dangerfield

Only traded Hurn in 3 weeks ago ... 1 spud score and now out for 2 weeks :oops:

Luckily you say! I say bollocks! ;) Good luck for this week Hondo, although I feel I'm gonna need it more than you!
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Hondo » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:07 pm

The Jack wrote:Luckily you say! I say bollocks! ;) Good luck for this week Hondo, although I feel I'm gonna need it more than you!

We'll see. I've also got Heath Shaw in doubt again. I've got too many defenders getting injured at once.

Should be a good match up!
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Groover » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:30 pm

With Gumby out and no cover I will have 1 Donut against Woody this week. Hopefully i can hold on and repeat last weeks result!
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 391 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:23 pm

Division I Finals Week One

Qualifying Finals
(Winners to Preliminary Final, Losers to play against Elimination Final winners)

1. CoverKing’s Army vs. 4. Dutchy’s Dodos
2. Captain Who? vs. 3. Woodys Dropkick

CoverKing will move to within one game of qualifying for Hogg Premier League by defeating the plucky Dodos who are the most improved side in the Hogg this season with other leading contenders being Underdogs and BenjisBeasts. In the other final I reckon Woodys form isn’t good enough to reverse last week’s result against the Captain but Woody would be keen on cracking that 2000 barrier to show that unlike last year, he won’t be going out in straight sets.

Elimination Finals
(Winners to play against losers of Qualifying Finals, Losers OUT)

5. wycbloods vs. 8. Supre Cil Dlouhs
6. Hondominators YSCC vs. 7. The Dark Knights

There are some very good teams in here that are unlucky not to earn the double chance. I reckon that the hardest team to spell, SCD is on the way out as wycbloods has been looking pretty impressive lately and I reckon he’ll advance. In the other final Hondo was dead stiff to lose to Dutchy last week and he’ll turn it around to knock out The Dark Knights who have had a fine season in Division I but all good things must come to an end…..

Relegation Finals
(Losers relegated to Hogg Division II)
13. LKIF vs. 16. Pickles PA
14. Blue Boy vs. 15. cobras

LKIF should clean up here even if Pickles does look at his side for the first time since Round 1. Pickles was a reluctant starter in Division I this season but was invited into the league on the strength of a good showing in the AFL Online league last season which is always competitive. Pickles will not be a Division I team next season if in fact he plays at all which is great news for the leading Division II teams. Perhaps three might go up next year. Blue Boy has improved on last season’s form which saw him relegated from Hogg Premier. However, Division I this season was a better league than Hogg Premier was last year so Blue Boy is having trouble keeping up. Blue Boy should defeat the cobras but because Dale has at least looked at his side he might get more value out of the two trades he most likely has up his sleeve.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1710 times
Been liked: 1825 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Finals Week One

Qualifying Finals

Dutchy's Dodos 2074 d. CoverKing's Army 2015
Woody's Dropkick 2080 d. Captain Who? 2067

CoverKing's Army fell to the minor premiers' curse of Round 19 as they meet their Waterloo at the hands of the Dodos who look anything but extinct. Woody bounced back into form and premiership contention with a thirteen point win in a high quality final with the added bonus of avoiding a knock-out Semi against the dangerous Hondo next week.

Elimination Finals

wycbloods 2028 d. Supre Cil Dluohs 1820
Hondominators YSCC 2282 d. The Dark Knights 1704

The Dark Knights and SCD have been found out a bit here with Hondo in paticular scoring well on a week when many top teams didn't. Not much went right for Supres but wycbloods kick on for another week.

Relegation Finals

LKIF 1894 d. Pickles PA 1518
cobras 1654 d. Blue Boy 1579

LKIF cleaned up Pickles as expected but in a big upset cobras will remain in Division I next season after they defeated Blue Boy in an upset win. This result means that Blue Boy has now lost two relegation finals in two years and he'll be in Division II next season. Pickles PA is looking like a likely non starter next season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:18 pm

Low scoring week, was worried all weekend but just got there.

Am I right in saying the brothers face each other in the semi next week?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2354 times
Been liked: 3638 times

Postby CoverKing » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:32 am

Dutchy wrote:Low scoring week, was worried all weekend but just got there.

That we do. ANd i cant wait to beat him, since he has had 0 trades for the last 4-5 weeks. Surely it will catch up with him soon?

Losing all 3 games by less then 60 points and having O'Keefe on the bench :oops:

Good win for you Dutchy, but Tuck having a stinker along with Boyd not getting his normal 110 hurt me as they are my two midfielders that are different to most other sides..

Could be a blessing in disguise and avoiding Hondo now!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:01 am

CoverKing wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Low scoring week, was worried all weekend but just got there.

That we do. ANd i cant wait to beat him, since he has had 0 trades for the last 4-5 weeks. Surely it will catch up with him soon?

Losing all 3 games by less then 60 points and having O'Keefe on the bench :oops:

Good win for you Dutchy, but Tuck having a stinker along with Boyd not getting his normal 110 hurt me as they are my two midfielders that are different to most other sides..

Could be a blessing in disguise and avoiding Hondo now!

You will beat me no doubt but you will be grateful that you have switched sides in the draw and will avoid Hondo.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Hondo » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:23 am

You guys are talking me up but I am only 2 weeks past consecutive losses to CK and Dutchy so I need some luck with injuries. I was lucky that Trengove scored 80 covering Sandilands and Strikj scored 116 covering Hurn. Not home yet. Groover has a pretty strong team.

Bringing in Riewoldt for Pods was a risk that so far has paid off but will I need that trade later on?
Hondo
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:50 pm

Division I Semi Finals
(Winners to Preliminary Final, Losers OUT)

1. CoverKing’s Army vs. 5. wycbloods
2. Captain Who? vs. 6. Hondominators YSCC

Family bragging rights and the opportunity to participate in Hogg Premier are up for grabs here in this brotherly derby. CoverKing dominated the minor round but bloods’ recent form has been solid even though he’s got a big donut in the trades left column. How much longer can bloods kick on? With CoverKing having one eye on the cash league and the other on the Hogg the more focussed wycbloods might just sneak under his brother’s guard to complete the finals choke of the season. The other final is just about untippable and Captain Who has copped a really rough draw in the finals with Woody last week and Hondo this week. With Hondo racing up the rankings and scoring well last week all signs point to a Hondominators victory in the Semi Final.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

I won't be using any trades because my on field team is the exact same as last week. Sandilands and Hurn still out. Last week 2282, this week .. ? Who knows. I's up to the SC gods from here!

Groover has Cooney out unfortunately. We both have Brown who may be in doubt based on that article during the week.

Look forward to one of the brothers kicking the other out!
Hondo
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Semi Finals

CoverKing's Army 2317 d. wycbloods 2160
Hondominators 2404 d. Captain Who? 2036

There was heavy scoring by two prospective Hogg Premier coaches in the Semi Finals as wycbloods and Captain Who were eliminated from the competition. CoverKing racked up an impressive 2317 to put the kibosh on his bloods brother and Hondo was even more impressive in disposing of the Captain who ran out of luck.

There is little love lost between Woody and the Captain either just quietly as Woody offered up a fond farewell to the Captain after his straight sets exit but looking at the quality of the Semi Finals winners perhaps the bragging is best left until after he has qualified for Hogg Premier. The Prelims next week will be beauties.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Hondo » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:There is little love lost between Woody and the Captain either just quietly as Woody offered up a fond farewell to the Captain after his straight sets exit but looking at the quality of the Semi Finals winners perhaps the bragging is best left until after he has qualified for Hogg Premier. The Prelims next week will be beauties.

I saw his send off in the psyche out box. Depends how he meant it I guess but I thought it was a bit much. I know the psyche out is meant for fun but that's enough for me to say to CoverKing to take him out next week!

CK, I have been monitoring his team and I think he is out of trades. Either that or he thinks Goodwin is going to come back.
Hondo
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:42 am

Hondo wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:There is little love lost between Woody and the Captain either just quietly as Woody offered up a fond farewell to the Captain after his straight sets exit but looking at the quality of the Semi Finals winners perhaps the bragging is best left until after he has qualified for Hogg Premier. The Prelims next week will be beauties.

I saw his send off in the psyche out box. Depends how he meant it I guess but I thought it was a bit much. I know the psyche out is meant for fun but that's enough for me to say to CoverKing to take him out next week!

CK, I have been monitoring his team and I think he is out of trades. Either that or he thinks Goodwin is going to come back.

goodwin? im lost now Hondo!!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 am

Hondo wrote:

I think it goes back to some stuff that was said in Division III last season. Bitter rivals Captain Who and Woody! Woody went out in straight sets last year so perhaps Woody is returning serve.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:11 am

My tips for this week are Hondo and Coverking.

Good luck to the final 4.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Been liked: 20 times

Postby Groover » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
Hondo wrote:

I think it goes back to some stuff that was said in Division III last season. Bitter rivals Captain Who and Woody! Woody went out in straight sets last year so perhaps Woody is returning serve.

regards,

REB

Nope, we both went out in Straight sets last year
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 225 times
Been liked: 391 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby CoverKing » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Just re-read what you wrote hondo and yeah Ive been monitoring Woodys side and I think he is tradeless aswell!
Hopefully roberton and webberley do not play this week and he will have a zero!! Bonus for me!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:16 am

Division I Preliminary Finals
(Winners to Grand Final and promoted to Hogg Premier, Losers OUT)

1. CoverKing’s Army vs. 3. Woodys Dropkick
4. Dutchys Dodos vs. 6. Hondominators YSCC

The best four teams square off this week for the right to play in Hogg Premier League next season with a couple of huge match ups here. The best two teams of the minor round Woodys Dropkicks and CoverKing’s Army will do battle in the first Prelim and it appears that CoverKing might have a little more in reserve than Woody at this stage of the season.

In the other Prelim we have the master of the great comeback in Hondo up against the most improved team in the Hogg Shield, Dutchys Dodos. As soon as the Dutchman put some coin into his SuperCoach preparation he became a deadly adversary and good enough to put CoverKing in to the same half of the draw as Woody. Hondo looked at long odds to make the finals at one stage but here is racking up huge scores at the right time of the season. Dutchy will be sentenced to another year in Division I and it will be Hondo that joins CoverKing in Hogg Premier next season.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy