Hogg Premier League 2010

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Premier League 2010

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:35 pm

Semi Finals

GordonBlue 2268 d. Darksiders SCE 2183
REBCats 2288 d. dunKsKrew 2158

Long live the King, the King is dead. So ends the reign of Darksiders SCE whose premiership defence came to an end at the hands of GordonBlue who have primed thier side to perfection this season. The Blue went 7-0 but went missing for several weeks but they've now won three matches in a row against top eight opposition and are now two wins away from the Hogg Premier title.

In the other final the REBCats got their revenge on the Krew who defeated them earlier in the season. The Cats were on top all weekend but with captain Riewoldt scoring a massive 342 the Krew came roaring back into the game late.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:46 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Semi Finals

GordonBlue 2268 d. Darksiders SCE 2183
REBCats 2288 d. dunKsKrew 2158

Long live the King, the King is dead. So ends the reign of Darksiders SCE whose premiership defence came to an end at the hands of GordonBlue who have primed thier side to perfection this season. The Blue went 7-0 but went missing for several weeks but they've now won three matches in a row against top eight opposition and are now two wins away from the Hogg Premier title.

In the other final the REBCats got their revenge on the Krew who defeated them earlier in the season. The Cats were on top all weekend but with captain Riewoldt scoring a massive 342 the Krew came roaring back into the game late.

regards,

REB
I personally hold Jack Rievoldt and Adam Goodes responsible. Theyre gooooone in 2011. u came good at the right time RebCats. I hope u guys get the flag. Im happy with a top 6 finish this year.

Im in a Prelim in my other SC league. With my opponent scoring 2600 this week :?
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:18 am

Hogg Premier Preliminary Finals
(Winners to Grand Final, Losers OUT)

3. darcy DTF vs. 5. GordonBlue
2. REBCats vs. 4. Chicky's Crusaders

Over the last couple of seasons we have had Hogg Shield coaches coming from a number of sites and states of Australia. The second largest group after our own safooty.net coaches are from the AFL Online site. Overall the AFLO coaches have outperformed the safooty.net coaches and this week sees almost the safooty.net playoff and the AFL Online play off, although certain Division I coaches will point to the rankings thread (won’t they CoverKing LOL).

The ‘AFLO’ Prelim is between darcy DTF and GordonBlue. Darc has been pretty solid all season long after copping a couple of really unlucky losses in the early part of the season. It’s all hands on deck now though for Darc and he’ll need to be at his best to defeat Gordy who said earlier in the year that he had the goods to take out Hogg Premier this season. I reckon that darcy DTF might just get up here and qualify for the Grand Final.

The ‘safooty.net’ Prelim has Pup’s Chicky's Crusaders up against my REBCats. Normally matches between Pup and myself are very evenly contested and this match appears to be following the same script. Chicky's Crusaders have snuck under the radar a bit but now that Higgins is out I reckon I’m home free. REBCats in a close one. After all, I know I can make Grand Finals, it’s just I can’t win the darn things!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:05 pm

Won't point out that your not in the top 10 rankings REB!! I am not that mean :lol:
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:08 pm

CoverKing wrote:Won't point out that your not in the top 10 rankings REB!! I am not that mean :lol:

LOL. You just did! It's a head to head comp mate remember that. It's only worked out on rankings if you are behind me. 8)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:53 am

Rik E Boy wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Won't point out that your not in the top 10 rankings REB!! I am not that mean :lol:

LOL. You just did! It's a head to head comp mate remember that. It's only worked out on rankings if you are behind me. 8)

regards,

REB

What, i really pointed it out?? :shock: :shock:
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:42 pm

Preliminary Finals

REBCats 2029 d. Chicky's Crusaders 2017
darcy DTF 2379 d. GordonBlue 2036

darcy DTF has deservedly marched into the Hogg Premier League Grand Final for 2010 after he smashed GordonBlue in his Preliminary Final. Darcy leads the scoring in the Hogg this season and will be the white hot favourite to claim the 2010 Hogg Shield after racking up yet another massive score.

It was a much closer thing in the other final as two coaches who had Pav and ROK were scrambling for points. There were three key factors that cost the Pup. The main factor was the loss of Cooney after only a few minutes. The second factor was that I had St Nick as skipper while Pup opted for Ablett. Shannon Hurn's amazing first quarter was the final straw and now the REBCats have qualified for their third straight Hogg Shield Grand Final, with a third straight loss the likely outcome.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy