Hogg Division VII 2011 - BUNNY BOWL

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Re: Hogg Division VII 2011 - BUNNY BOWL

Postby macca26 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Oh no, wrong time of the year for the wheels to fall off. :oops: :((

Potentially missing Pavlich, Sylvia, N Riewoldt, Krakouer, Lynch and Richardson from the forward line – up to 3 donuts.
Potentially missing Lower, Broughton, Gibbs and B.Smith from the backline – another donut.
Going from averages, if they all miss, BIG BUNNY should get over the line.
Really hoping Sylvia gets off, Broughton plays, Krakouer was only being rested, N Riewoldt is fine etc etc. Surely Pav and Sylvia are gone.

Could be some real forward line carnage at selection this week ...
Men have two emotions: hungry and horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich
macca26
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:53 am

PRELIMINARY FINALS PREVIEW

All year long these four sides have been regularly beating up on some pretty weak opposition in the Bunny Bowl but it’s starting to get fair dinkum in the Warren. Hairy Chequebook has been a pretty big fish in a pretty small pond for the majority of the season and they need two more wins to seal the deal. Pump up ze jams has been the nearest competitor to the Hairy Bunnies but they have to get past Mumma’s Boys who have had a much better season than their zero win year in 2010.

Unlike the higher divisions it is not the Grand Finalists that qualify for the Hogg Champions League, you’ve got to win the premiership down here.

1. Hairy Chequebook vs. 6. BIG BUNNY

I was helping my lad out last night (he’s no show now) and even though we managed to fix up BIG BUNNY a bit but to flog a line from ‘The Usual Suspects’ IMO it can’t be done. The Hairy ones aren’t at maximum strength but will still be strong enough to beat REB Jnr who picked far too many Port players at the start of the season because that was who he was barracking for that month (he’s now on to Carlton SPEW). Hairy Chequebook will be promoted next season no doubt, and there probably isn’t much doubt about the outcome of this final either. Hairy Chequebook will win and advance to the Grand Final.

2. Pump up ze jams vs. 4. Mumma’s Boys

Mumma’s Boys have made great strides this season. While beating the likes of Strawb and Mighty isn’t much to write home about Mumma’s Boys have advanced to the stage where they have claimed a lot of scalps in the inaugural Bunny Bowl. Dare I say it but is A Mum about to lose her floppy ears and fluffy tail? One scalp Mumma’s Boys did not get was second ranked Pump up ze jams who thrashed the Mums a couple of weeks ago in their minor round encounter. Looking at both line-ups I reckon the Mums look a bit short in midfield with the injury to Crameri robbing them of backup for Chris Judd. Both teams would do well to consider playing Smith and Mzungu over more experienced players so it will be interesting to see which way they go there. Mumma’s Boys have had a fine year but I can see it coming to an end as I am selecting a Pump up ze jams victory.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1728 times
Been liked: 1833 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:33 pm

PRELIMINARY FINALS RESULTS

Hairy Chequebook 2332 d. BIG BUNNY 2286
Pump up ze jams 2393 d. Mumma's Boys 2151

There haven't been all that many upsets in the first season of the Warren and that theme continued with this week's Prelim Finals. BIG BUNNY scored a career best to make a game out of it against the Premiership favourites but the Chequebook were too good in the end. Pump up ze jams recorded the biggest score of the Prelims and will give it a shake next week.

The winner of the jams v chequebook final gets an invite to Hogg Champions League next year but all four sides will be playing against higher standard opposition next season, with BIG BUNNY getting the easiest job of going 'up' to the Piglet next year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby A Mum » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:33 am

Very happy to have made it so close to a grandfinal !! :D

Good luck to the 2 x remaining teams :D
May the best man win...lol.

O:)

PS: Thanks again REB - great thing you run here O:)
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Well folks that is the end of the first ever Bunny bowl with Pump up ze jams pulling off the boilover (EEK A BUNNY BOILER!) to defeat the previously unbeaten Hairy Chequebook. The top four teams in terms of ranking points will be promoted to Hogg Division V next season. BIG BUNNY will be joining the family league (Division VII) and onegameatatimers and Scratchy (same coach as Go Tiges) are already in that division. This means the promoted sides are in green.

Hairy Chequebook 53566
Pump up ze jams 50716

onegameatatimers 49078
BIG BUNNY 47822
Mumma's Boys 47503
Sturt B Team 47393

Scratchy 46128
Heaters Hotshots 45507
BrenDamage 42636
Ports Satrs 40505
Ragin Hooligans 39866
Thiele Crows 37866
Swannie's Smashers 37855
Powerfools 37660
IamMightyXVIII 31503
Strawberries 22453

Hope to see you all in the Hogg again next year.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby A Mum » Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Thanks REB - had lots of fun :D

Promotion - nice - but I'm sure I'll be plumitting down to the bottom come next season !! :lol:

Congratulations to Pump up ze jams :ymapplause:
You get what you give....
A Mum
Coach

Postby rd » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks for the fun during the season and the promotion of my Sturt B Team up to Div 5 for 2012. Luckily the season ended when it did as my lot had stopped trying about July it seemed. Congrats to Pump Up Ze Jams !
rd
Under 18s

Been liked: 29 times

Postby Moe » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Thanks Reb & great work.
I am finally starting to get the hang of this thing.
Famous last words..............
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby macca26 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:22 pm

Thanks REB for all you effort this year.
Well done to the jams, far too good at the right time.
Men have two emotions: hungry and horny. If you see him without an erection, make him a sandwich
macca26
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gaza

Postby VC » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:03 pm

Well, after winning the inargual bunny bowl. Ze Jams boys have just started to re surface from a "The hangover" style mad monday. Mind you there are still several unaccounted for! Well done to the Hairy 1 on an outstanding year. Ze jams had a plan the whole way though, which credit to the players was executed perfectly.
Well done to all who competed. Looking forward to next yr already!
VC
Under 16s

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy