Player Scores

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Player Scores

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:24 am

what's considered an average score?
For example- should players be (ideally) scoring more than 100?
Should your elite players be scoring over 120, but a score of over 150 an exceptional return?
Scores under 50 are considered?

Just interested in the general consensus of what returns coaches expect out of players.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: Player Scores

Postby Media Park » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:52 am

In my DT side, and I am performing very "average," I have a few players (Goddard, Chapman, Goodes, Rawlings) who are consistently scoring the 100-mark and over, which I rate, but I have every other player struggling to get into the 60's and 70's.

In an ideal team, you could accept a few players in that 60-70 range, with the occasional big performance, but if you are like me, and didn't get the team right at the start of the year, you reach the halfway mark and you are happy with simply having all players scoring... :oops:

FWIW, most of my League are consistently scoring 2000+, so they have a lot of 100 point players, so you would consider that about par.
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Re: Player Scores

Postby Hondo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:11 pm

I look for a 100 point ave from all 22 players (ie, 2300). Some will ave < 100 but then there's the Goddards, etc that make up that 100 ave ideally.

I don't always get it but as my score builds up that's my guide as to whether I am going well or struggling that week.

from an individual "premium" player I consider 90-110 to be a good score, < 90 a bad score, > 110 a great score.

For any other player or rookie I take what I can get.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy