Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby the observer » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:53 am

Looks like Port Noarlunga have picked up B.Stokes again and a CHB from Victor Harbor by the name of John Sinclair
Troy Williams from Sullies moving interstate
Joraslosky move to RMFL with his brother
Kane Stewart ex Reynella boy signed with Noarlunga and Hibberd I been everywhere man also put his hand out at Noarlunga and been rewarded
the observer
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby macca5 » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:55 pm

Bob Hooper coaching hawks this year - very positive coach, they are looking pretty good, i had a few runs out there, training 4 nights a week since last november, very fit side with about 25 players out but only 5 of them are real 'A' grade players, lacking ball skills and toughness. should push for top 8 in all seriousness because they do play the bottom or lower placed sides more than the top sides....good luck to them, and me if i decide to play out there and sit on the wing and in the forward pocket snagging goals......hehe. :)

Clay Sampson will be playing for South Adelaide and has been training with them, will lead the club this year and then a 90% chance will go back to MVFC so he can play his final year or two of footy there with his brother Dillon...

Emu's have lost no more than 2 players and wil be as strong as ever, they only start Pre-season this week (1st week of feb)

Lonsdale will struggle to fill an A and B grade side this year and are financially struggling and may even struggle to get off the ground this year, players are moving to new clubs and the loss of Rigney is a huge one...
macca5
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby petoe » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:32 am

Has anyone got any news, rumours or facts on these clubs - Aldinga, Marion, Morphie Park, Brighton, Reynella, Happy Valley or Cove, Havent heard much about goin ons with these clubs?

Also macca5 your kidding if u think southern hawks would push for the top 8 cause they have an easier draw and a couple of players, who are they realistically gonna even beat beside aldinga when they couldnt even get within 20 goals of the next worse team?. If my maths is correct that equals 2 wins which is a little bit short of the required amount to make the finals.

And i dont no lonsdales financial situation but they have had 30+ players training since november which is better than a lot of SFL sides can say, so seems they should easily get a capable A and B grade side on the oval.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby qwerty » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:09 am

Hey the observer,

You said you know a few people at Noarlunga? Last year i watched a couple of games and they had a lad play up front called caudel and he kicked about 7 goals in half a game then went off. Did it two weeks in a row then never played again for the year, think he was coming back from an injury from south. Do you know if Noarlunga is going to get him this year as he looked like someone who could be very handy.

Oh and hibbard has played at noarlunga for a few years before so i guess you could say he is coming back lol.

Happy Valley and Reynella news does seem to be very quiet interesting to see what happens with them this year.
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:29 am

Valley has changed a bit I would think with Alan Stringer leaving as coach, will surely be strong still big numbers down there, Reynella have got a few players back I believe that may have played juniors there
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby the observer » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:53 pm

Caudle is on the track and looks like playing all season
Reynella have CHB Shane Smith back and also back from the hills league is Shane Russell
They have a few more returns in Mcade and Aaron Hockey from Mclaren who have both played at Reynella before A lad from Kangarilla is training with them also in B.Wakefield
Happy Valley is being coached by Sterzl and Linc Rogers and Cook is back
the observer
Under 16s

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:35 pm

They were the names I had heard but sources were not reliable on the Reynella guys, thanks for clearing it up Observer
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby macca5 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:14 pm

yer petoe, my statement was a little bit rash about the hawks makin the 8, if there was a top 8 for being positive they would make it no dramas at all!! haha, ahh would be good to see more sides up there, but the emus will still blitz all i think...
macca5
Mini-League

Postby Blue Boy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:53 pm

Can the falcons make the 8 - go you bush pigs
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:13 am

The Falcons have an excellent draw and finals are certainly possible but work needs to be done to get there
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby petoe » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:35 am

Observer, goin on all the personnel changes etc. and what u know about the possible line ups this year what would be ur prediction for the ladder 1 through 14 for the SFL?

Can anyone confirm M. Maher to morphett Vale from Valley?, Reeves from christies to lonsdale? A. Farrugia to morphett vale from cove? j.vick from south adelaide back to cove? and what about info on Marion? Brighton and Morhie Park any one?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby Wedgie » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:39 am

I know closer to the season the Messenger usually does a run down of each club, when they do I'll post it in here for those that are interested that don't live in the Onkaparinga area.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby the observer » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:31 pm

Petoe
Not willing to put into place 1-14 as iam aligned to a SFL club and do not want to be bias or give away where i'm from
Reeves has definetly left Christies fo Sullies
Josh Vick is staying at South to have one more go so I been told by the person himself
the observer
Under 16s

Postby petoe » Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:31 am

Does anyone know who the SFL teams are playing in trials and when?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:11 am

Flagstaff Hills Trial Games are:

Saturday 18th March vs Kangarilla - Away

Saturday 25th March vs Blackwood - Home

Friday 31st March vs McLaren (under lights) at Mclaren
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby scottroo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:38 pm

high profile older player from morphett vale has left the club, and gone to edwardstown
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby macca5 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:09 pm

andrew stagg, is the high profile morphies player at townies.......
macca5
Mini-League

Postby qwerty » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:35 am

you would hardly call him a high profile player
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby petoe » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:03 pm

"junior" Landorf also heading to townies from Morphett Vale, and heard M Joraflasky is joining his bro at Jervois from MV.
petoe
Under 16s

Postby petoe » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:41 pm

Can anyone confirm that there will be night matches played at Marion this year for premiership points? I heard this because of their big lighting upgrade.
petoe
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL