Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby qwerty » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:25 am

observer,

Seems like you have a chip on your shoulder about Noarlunga, always whining about how much money they spend etc. Think its about time you told us who you are involved with.....

Also Jaques was playing in the ressies at south on the weekend so they might not even get him this year.

In regards to Widdison i pitty the poor club that picks that bloke up hardly worth the effort.
qwerty
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby the observer » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:58 am

Qwerty
Fair enough comment I have a problem with clubs who have supposedly a junior programme in place who are so far over the salary cap and are about buying a premiership and not working on one. I have no conection with a club but are a keen southern league person who are keen on a fair go and will not even up this competition with clubs doing this
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:33 pm

Qwerty it is quite common knowledge that Noarlunga fork out more $$$$ than other clubs, however I too am interested in which club observer is involved with due to the variety of info he finds out!
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby qwerty » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:28 pm

well all i can say is i know a few in the know at noarlunga and alot of people are way off in what they think noarlunga pay players.

All i can say is people talk one lie turns into another etc etc etc... I could almost guarantee other players at other clubs are on a lot more coin that those at Noarlunga.

I reckon also if you look at Noarlunga's junior program when was the last time they had an under 18's team? i would have to say 1999/2000 i reckon.

how can you expect them to have younger players coming through when they dont have 18's and anyone that is half decent gets taken by south, Noarlunga has had quite a few over there in the last few years.

I think you will find that in the next 5 years or so They will finally start to see the rewards of a junior program due to the large growth in this area in the past decade or so. Before seaford rise how were Noarlunga supposed to get juniors with a limited population surrounding their club. Compared with Morphet vale, reynella, happy valley, etc.

They had yr3/4's 6/7's u/14's u/16's last year with heaps of kids in the younger grades so let it take some time.

All i can say is they must be doing something right down there that club has been around a lot longer than many with half the population to support it.
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby qwerty » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:34 pm

the observer wrote:Petoe
Not willing to put into place 1-14 as iam aligned to a SFL club and do not want to be bias or give away where i'm from
Reeves has definetly left Christies fo Sullies
Josh Vick is staying at South to have one more go so I been told by the person himself

Qwerty
Fair enough comment I have a problem with clubs who have supposedly a junior programme in place who are so far over the salary cap and are about buying a premiership and not working on one. I have no conection with a club but are a keen southern league person who are keen on a fair go and will not even up this competition with clubs doing this

whats going on then champ? make up your mind................... guess your from a struggling club then!
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby the observer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:22 am

Qwerty
You guessed right Im involved with a struggling club and its our job to get up to the standard of others club not them equal out to this level. The players ive mentioned I personally have had talks to and i would say that you may be surprised what some of these players are asking and what they have been offered. They are very open about what clubs are offering
the observer
Under 16s

Postby qwerty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:31 pm

The players ive mentioned I personally have had talks to and i would say that you may be surprised what some of these players are asking and what they have been offered. They are very open about what clubs are offering

Does this mean that you are a coach or involved in recruiting at that club?

I'll tell you also from personal experience that some players will say they have been offered more to certain people trying to get their price up. A lot of blokes will also say they are on more than they actually are just to boost their ego's.

But hey you may well be right and you can believe what you know and ill believe what i know.

So come on give us a hint to who you are involved with now that the cat is out of the bag...
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby the observer » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:22 pm

qwerty Sorry but after some of the info I informed about it would be stupid to show my hand.
The comments are made to keep awareness around the forum. I am trying to be informative not a smart arse as it may appear to come over and you have struck a cord with me about payment of players. Yes im heavily involved and am surprised about the dollar value people put on themselves and if i Had not talked to most of these players I would not be making the comment.
I will leave it that as if I keep going its a dead give away.
the observer
Under 16s

Postby petoe » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 pm

FACT: Noarlunga is the highest paying club in the SFL. Used to be closely followed by Marion untill bout 3 years ago.
Funny thing is though about these so called bought premierships is, only 2 out of about the last 10 premierships in the SFL have been won by big spending teams (Noarlunga 1 and Marion 1) All the others are teams that have great junior set ups and good players that play for the jumper and/or very mediocre payments. (Happy Valley, Brighton, Morphett Vale.)
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Blue Boy » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:02 pm

petoe wrote:FACT: Noarlunga is the highest paying club in the SFL. Used to be closely followed by Marion untill bout 3 years ago.
Funny thing is though about these so called bought premierships is, only 2 out of about the last 10 premierships in the SFL have been won by big spending teams (Noarlunga 1 and Marion 1) All the others are teams that have great junior set ups and good players that play for the jumper and/or very mediocre payments. (Happy Valley, Brighton, Morphett Vale.)

Really need to add Flaggies to that play for the jumper catagory and they have really stepped it up in the junior stakes
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:12 pm

Are you involved with flaggies at all Blue Boy
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby petoe » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:42 am

Blue Boy, in my post i was just refering to teams that have won a flag lately as the example, i have no doubt that their are other clubs in the SFL that play for the jumper and/or not much money.
petoe
Under 16s

Postby Blue Boy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:17 am

BubblesOfBlue wrote:Are you involved with flaggies at all Blue Boy

Hey (Bubbles) - You know who I am we have played many of games together
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time

Postby qwerty » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:02 am

You are kidding yourself if you dont think happy valley chuck around big $$$$$$$, add to that Brighton, Reynella and others.

Well the flags are on the wall at Noarlunga and those other clubs and i guess thats what matters in the end.

Really your kidding yourself if you dont think all clubs pay money to good players.
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:11 am

I am pretty sure Brighton pay bugger all Qwerty and I think the point Petoe is making is that the flags are now going to the sides that have been strong in the juniors for the last few years and now these guys are playing seniors. The clubs trying to recruit a flag eg Noarlunga have had some success but I think Morphett Vale football club are proof that retaining juniors is a good way to go about winning flags.
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby petoe » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:53 am

Yes, and how many times has noarlunga choked in the last 10 years as well, about 5!

There is no kidding round qwerty about the payments, im not saying other clubs dont pay some of their better players, but on a scale its no where near what noarlunga do and have. Im talking amount of players payed and the amounts paid.

Whats ur idea of big $$$$$$ anyway? because i know that the teams you mentioned don't pay massive.
petoe
Under 16s

Postby petoe » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:54 am

qwerty??? u gonna answer?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby qwerty » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:44 am

sorry the forum was down last time i tried to log on.

Well i was going to say why don't we just leave it at that then before this turns into one of those slanging matches that so often happens on forums and be all happy that we have a place to talk about our local footy comps.

petoe,

which club are you involved?
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby qwerty » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:57 am

oh and on your choking comment ill just add my two cents worth also.

2000 Noarlunga lost to Marion in GF by 3 goals after Marion were huge favourites to win.
2001 Noarlunga Defeated Reynella by 4 goals after loosing one game all year (red hot favourites)
2002 Noarlunga finished 4th in minor round defeated a highly fancied Happy Valley in the prelim final suffered 3-4 injuries to key players who missed GF. Lost GF to Brighton by 3 goals who lost only one game for entire season.
2003 Noarlunga finished 4th in minor round and again were not even tipped to get close to morphet Vale in the prelim final, kicked a goal after the siren to win. Lost to a red hot favourite Happy Valley in GF by 7 goal.

Pretty good to just make a few of those GF in my opinion. But hey we didn't win them i still think Noarlunga has more flags to its name than any other div one SFL teams.
qwerty
Under 16s

Postby petoe » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Info noted, but i am reffering to the Grand finals themself only, regardless of how u got their or who was favourite.
petoe
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL