Club best and fairests - SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Club best and fairests - SFL

Postby fisho mcspaz » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:11 pm

Still one round to go, but anyway - would like to hear everyone's predictions as to who will take out the best and fairest award for their club in 2008. Here's mine:

Aldinga
Will win - Liam Shrive
Should win - Tim Rosewall
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Re: Club best and fairests - SFL

Postby efc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:37 pm

You would think Ben Moore at Reynella but i like to get a bet on Milo winning the Goal kicking trophy
efc
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:44 pm

At the Shoe it will be a good contest out of Matty Despott and Simon Dean but I would not rule out Booga Shultz never plays a bad game.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby lion heart » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Id say Kane Mac would be fave to win the lions b&f after very strong start and finish to the season from Rob Schultz and Doug Clinch..... Tyler Green would have been in front 5 weeks out but injury has put paid to his chances.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby a2m » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:36 pm

lion heart wrote:Id say Kane Mac would be fave to win the lions b&f after very strong start and finish to the season from Rob Schultz and Doug Clinch..... Tyler Green would have been in front 5 weeks out but injury has put paid to his chances.

Lionheart has tyler not been playing for a bit is he back yet good lad tyler, how come schultz didn't play last week? Or did he, just heard he wasn't but pretty unreliable source...
----------------------
Chicks dig scars...
a2m
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby a2m » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:37 pm

lion heart wrote:Id say Kane Mac would be fave to win the lions b&f after very strong start and finish to the season from Rob Schultz and Doug Clinch..... Tyler Green would have been in front 5 weeks out but injury has put paid to his chances.

Lionheart has tyler not been playing for a bit is he back yet good lad tyler, how come schultz didn't play last week? Or did he, just heard he wasn't but pretty unreliable source...
----------------------
Chicks dig scars...
a2m
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby pale ale » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:59 pm

a2m wrote:

Are you asking Lion heart or Lionheart
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby lion heart » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Exactly pale ale there are 2 of us!! the other is an imposter.... TG broke his hand about a month ago and schultz did miss last weeks game ....
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby lionheart » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:59 pm

Imposter? I reckon Schultzy and Kane will tie.
lionheart
Mini-League

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Bollocks to club BnF's - what about Club MVP's? By that I of course mean Most Valuable POSTERS. Here's my tips:

Reynella
Will Win: Fly (battles against massive odds and multiple opponents on here)
Should Win: SFL Spy (ineligible due to suspension)

Aldinga
Will Win: Rodney Fox (seems to be in the know down there, altho sometimes keeps things close to his chest)
Should Win: Fisho McSpaz (still my fave name on here)

Lonsdale
Will Win: Hills (purely for sheer volume of posts and he doesn't even play there anymore)
Should Win: Lion Heart (would normally easily win this but the closely named "imposter" Lionheart may steal some votes)

Morphett Vale
Will Win: The Mexican (for some reason people seem to think he knows whats going on at our club)
Should Win: Cheese Twisties (been a revelation in rookie season at Safooty IMHO)
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Hills » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:31 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:Bollocks to club BnF's - what about Club MVP's? By that I of course mean Most Valuable POSTERS. Here's my tips:

Reynella

Aldinga
Will Win: Rodney Fox (seems to be in the know down there, altho sometimes keeps things close to his chest)

Lonsdale
Will Win: Hills (purely for sheer volume of posts and he doesn't even play there anymore)
Should Win: Lion Heart (would normally easily win this but the closely named "imposter" Lionheart may steal some votes)

Morphett Vale
Will Win: The Mexican (for some reason people seem to think he knows whats going on at our club)
Should Win: Cheese Twisties (been a revelation in rookie season at Safooty IMHO)

Surely we need a association sqaud than?
Fly - backlines very defensive player
Cyclops - Lucky to get a game, talks alot but does anyone know whats going on?
Mex - Must be an on baller always passing to CT BR and SWOOPER
CT - as above
Big Red - as above
swooper - as above
Lion Heart ( the real lion heart) - Coach
Once you go black, your in a wheelchair.
Hills
Reserves

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Being your rookie season is the only thing keeping you from being the N.A.P.A. CT,
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:24 pm

Cheese Twisties wrote:Bollocks to club BnF's - what about Club MVP's? By that I of course mean Most Valuable POSTERS. Here's my tips:

Reynella

Aldinga

Lonsdale

Morphett Vale

Hehehe, this is where I got the name from. Driving from Adelaide to Port Wakefield, there's this mobile van thing near St Kilda that sells fish, and all up and down the road there are fluoro-painted signs saying '5km to Fisho!' and so on. The first time I saw the signs I thought it must be something really cool, like a giant fish-shaped bouncy castle. I was a bit disappointed when we finally reached Fisho! and realised it was just a little van the size of a bar fridge. Couldn't even buy any fish because I was driving to Hawker and didn't have any ice in the esky. :( I contented myself with yelling 'Fisho!!!' in a Darth Vader voice as I went past, waving a scarf out the window at it. (They went to so much effort with their fluoro signs I thought they deserved a bit of a show.)

Anyway, I thought I'd use it as my name on here because a shark is a fish... so yeah. The McSpaz bit probably doesn't need any explanation after reading the Fisho! incident. :)
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:34 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:

Reynella

Aldinga

Lonsdale

Morphett Vale

Hehehe, this is where I got the name from. Driving from Adelaide to Port Wakefield, there's this mobile van thing near St Kilda that sells fish, and all up and down the road there are fluoro-painted signs saying '5km to Fisho!' and so on. The first time I saw the signs I thought it must be something really cool, like a giant fish-shaped bouncy castle. I was a bit disappointed when we finally reached Fisho! and realised it was just a little van the size of a bar fridge. Couldn't even buy any fish because I was driving to Hawker and didn't have any ice in the esky. :( I contented myself with yelling 'Fisho!!!' in a Darth Vader voice as I went past, waving a scarf out the window at it. (They went to so much effort with their fluoro signs I thought they deserved a bit of a show.)

Anyway, I thought I'd use it as my name on here because a shark is a fish... so yeah. The McSpaz bit probably doesn't need any explanation after reading the Fisho! incident. :)

I thought it mite of been Spaz who went to Shark park after playing at the Shoe. Great bloke is he still around the club.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:45 pm

shoe boy wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:

Reynella

Aldinga

Lonsdale

Morphett Vale

I thought it mite of been Spaz who went to Shark park after playing at the Shoe. Great bloke is he still around the club.

Nope, not me, I play for Morphy Park. :wink: Not sure who Spaz is - what's his real name?
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:58 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
fisho mcspaz wrote:

Reynella

Aldinga

Lonsdale

Morphett Vale

Nope, not me, I play for Morphy Park. :wink: Not sure who Spaz is - what's his real name?

Darren Riddle/ex Mitchell Park/Noarlunga very good footballer
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:00 pm

I've never met him. Dunno when he stopped playing at Aldinga though - I've only been around there since 2006.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Backliner » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:03 pm

You mean 'Sparrow', still comes to the occasional game, would have been an asst coach U18 but lack of numbers. Good fella, loves his footy.
Backliner
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby lion heart » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:13 pm

Kane Mac did end up winning the Lions B & F over Rob Schultz with basically the last vote of the night! Who ended up winning the B & F 's at the other clubs?
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer