Hackham Hawks

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Hackham Hawks

Postby Froddo » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:44 am

shoe boy wrote:
hackham hawk wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
hackham hawk wrote:good turn out last night for the first run of the 2010 season. had about 40 out and of the 40 half were new faces.
fingers crossed we can add to the new faces that are already out over the next few weeks :-bd

I counted 28

thats good....and what time did you leave??

After Everington dropped a mark picked up by Mitchell who handballed to Muter. ;)

Shoe boy you are an idiot. Do you ever have anything good to say especially about Hackham. There were good numbers out at training and a credit to our club for getting good numbers to a first training session.
Froddo
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hackham

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:48 am

Where have I said anything bad about Hackham?????
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby dinglinga » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 pm

Wonder how the finances are at hackham ... have lost quite abit of coin from the recent court appeals for the site on pimpala/south road.
This was bought up at another sporting complex meeting last week ..

Could the soccer team at hackham be looking for another home again
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby ol man emu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:27 pm

dinglinga wrote:Wonder how the finances are at hackham ... have lost quite abit of coin from the recent court appeals for the site on pimpala/south road.

I don't know why they keep persisting with that, can't they work it out. Obviously no one wants poker machines there.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Sorry Dude » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:52 am

ol man emu wrote:
dinglinga wrote:Wonder how the finances are at hackham ... have lost quite abit of coin from the recent court appeals for the site on pimpala/south road.

I don't know why they keep persisting with that, can't they work it out. Obviously no one wants poker machines there.

and both of these comments have anything to do with the football club how???
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:21 pm

hackham hawk wrote:
ol man emu wrote:

and both of these comments have anything to do with the football club how???

More of a social club topic i would have thought...
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby KungFu Panda » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Do those at hackham really think that what there doing in offering money to players from other clubs that are truthfully not able to make the grade at there club of choice now is the right thing to be doing?
Wouldnt you guys be better off finding a coach(no disrespect to the current one)that can bring a couple of seasoned 25-28 year olds that can at least make the grade.It sounds like a waste of money to me.
Just a thought wouldnt you guys be better off saving what money you have now for another year and really target some quality players instead of a bunch of kids who have achieved very little in there short careers who now think they have a dollar value.
I am not having a dig at you guys i would really like to hear you informed point of view on this.
KungFu Panda

Postby HH3 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:36 pm

I think you'll find that our recruiting hasnt been restricted to young players...there are also players in their mid 20's...plus the younger players we have picked up will no doubt top up the B grade if they arent at A grade level. Im sure they wouldnt have been guaranteed A grade spots...they'll have to work for them, which everybodies doing. If these recruits improve over time, we will be competitive with the lonsdales and flaggys...then in a few years, when these players are in their mid 20's we will hopefully have a team that has been playing together for 5 or 6 years and hopefully that will help us push for finals...this is a big task...it wont happen in the next 2 years i dont think...so there isnt much point going after 28 year olds, since they dont have many seasons of top footy left...my opinion...dont judge the club, coaches or recruiting on this...i have absolutely nothing to do with it..
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Moe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:55 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:I think you'll find that our recruiting hasnt been restricted to young players...there are also players in their mid 20's...plus the younger players we have picked up will no doubt top up the B grade if they arent at A grade level. Im sure they wouldnt have been guaranteed A grade spots...they'll have to work for them, which everybodies doing. If these recruits improve over time, we will be competitive with the lonsdales and flaggys...then in a few years, when these players are in their mid 20's we will hopefully have a team that has been playing together for 5 or 6 years and hopefully that will help us push for finals...this is a big task...it wont happen in the next 2 years i dont think...so there isnt much point going after 28 year olds, since they dont have many seasons of top footy left...my opinion...dont judge the club, coaches or recruiting on this...i have absolutely nothing to do with it..

Yeh HH3, i am like yourself i think. Bloke who loves his club, been around a long time, does whatever asked by all & has ONLY an opinion on what is being done by the committee, coaches etc. I like reading the posts from Hackham & Aldinga because our clubs have been struggling for a while after periods of success. Every league in every sport have their bottom sides but we never throw in the towel. It makes clubs & people stronger. I look forward to playing the Hawks & Sharks this year, although i predict we may lose to both. As long as you come in for a beer after at Moes Tavern.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby KungFu Panda » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:38 am

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:I think you'll find that our recruiting hasnt been restricted to young players...there are also players in their mid 20's...plus the younger players we have picked up will no doubt top up the B grade if they arent at A grade level. Im sure they wouldnt have been guaranteed A grade spots...they'll have to work for them, which everybodies doing. If these recruits improve over time, we will be competitive with the lonsdales and flaggys...then in a few years, when these players are in their mid 20's we will hopefully have a team that has been playing together for 5 or 6 years and hopefully that will help us push for finals...this is a big task...it wont happen in the next 2 years i dont think...so there isnt much point going after 28 year olds, since they dont have many seasons of top footy left...my opinion...dont judge the club, coaches or recruiting on this...i have absolutely nothing to do with it..

HH3 cheers on your insight like i said was never having a crack at you or your club.I asked for a informed opinion.I will still disagree with the sum of money some of these kids are being offerd but i guess we can agree on everything.For the sake of the SFL we all wish the lower ladder clubs great success so we can have a evenly spread comp.hope the road you guys are travelling takes you to where you wont to go. :D
KungFu Panda

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:57 am

KungFu Panda wrote:

HH3 cheers on your insight like i said was never having a crack at you or your club.I asked for a informed opinion.I will still disagree with the sum of money some of these kids are being offerd but i guess we can agree on everything.For the sake of the SFL we all wish the lower ladder clubs great success so we can have a evenly spread comp.hope the road you guys are travelling takes you to where you wont to go. :D

Reading it panda I can see there is no bad words at all. Everyone has there two bob to put in, if they didnt there would not be a forum. the way I see it is we already have the seasoned bodies (even though we would like a few more) in the M.Paine, K.Evans, moulds which I think you need in a club of our situation. We may have a young and "inexperieced" group, but that is where it comes in handy having those blokes and our coach who may not have bought in the experienced players, but what he can do is call on his experience from working with the kids at south and help turn them in to quality TEAM players in the future. We have a hard road a head but there is no way any of us a quitting that club. I want to see a premiership and I will die a happy man. And would love to have a beer at Moe's ;) :lol:
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Moe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 pm

hackham hawk wrote:
KungFu Panda wrote:

Reading it panda I can see there is no bad words at all. Everyone has there two bob to put in, if they didnt there would not be a forum. the way I see it is we already have the seasoned bodies (even though we would like a few more) in the M.Paine, K.Evans, moulds which I think you need in a club of our situation. We may have a young and "inexperieced" group, but that is where it comes in handy having those blokes and our coach who may not have bought in the experienced players, but what he can do is call on his experience from working with the kids at south and help turn them in to quality TEAM players in the future. We have a hard road a head but there is no way any of us a quitting that club. I want to see a premiership and I will die a happy man. And would love to have a beer at Moe's ;) :lol:
Always welcome HH
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Moe wrote:

Yeh HH3, i am like yourself i think. Bloke who loves his club, been around a long time, does whatever asked by all & has ONLY an opinion on what is being done by the committee, coaches etc. I like reading the posts from Hackham & Aldinga because our clubs have been struggling for a while after periods of success. Every league in every sport have their bottom sides but we never throw in the towel. It makes clubs & people stronger. I look forward to playing the Hawks & Sharks this year, although i predict we may lose to both. As long as you come in for a beer after at Moes Tavern.

If we beat Morphie Parks in 2010 I will be a very happy man...nothing to do with M/Parks...but to go from 40 goal flogging one year to win the next would be massive...and id love a beer too Moe :D
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Moe » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:29 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
Moe wrote:

If we beat Morphie Parks in 2010 I will be a very happy man...nothing to do with M/Parks...but to go from 40 goal flogging one year to win the next would be massive...and id love a beer too Moe :D

Your buy if we lose HH. Make mine a rum and cke.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Sorry Dude » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:50 am

Check out the following link to see the Hawks new logo and to find out anything Hawk related ;)
http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Hackham ... 615?ref=ts
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 pm

hackham hawk wrote:Check out the following link to see the Hawks new logo and to find out anything Hawk related ;)

Love the new logo...its good that its different to the Hawthorn one and we have a unique one.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby the big bang » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:33 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
hackham hawk wrote:Check out the following link to see the Hawks new logo and to find out anything Hawk related ;)

Love the new logo...its good that its different to the Hawthorn one and we have a unique one.

i also don't mind the new logo guys. good work.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:21 am

the_big_bang wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:

i also don't mind the new logo guys. good work.

Thanks TBB. we needed our own image away from the "Hawthorn Persona" if that is what it is :) we have received a welcoming reception with the new logo from new and previous sponsors.......fingers crossed that 2010 is the start of something new for the mighty hawks ;)
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:12 pm

From everyone at the Hackham Football Club would like to give our love and thoughts to them through this tough time. Russel you were taken away far to young with so much to offer. We will be doing everything for you this season. RIP
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:17 pm

RIP Russell. Way too young. These things should never happen.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL