Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Front & Centre » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:20 pm

I'll add my thanks to Hank Middleton for all his work at HVFC - my son has been put into an ambulance by Hank and I was glad to have someone who was calm and "pedantic"

On another note whilst racking up a number of guernseys has been mentioned above I believe Marion has a new coach. This guy would have several SFL polos in his wardrobe now.
Good luck to him. Hope players like hearing "React"
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Animus » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:40 pm

So all clubs coaching staff locked away now? Any other changes from 2016 season...Reynella?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:38 am

I've heard the Wineflies are hoping for more Vick-tories next season!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby vics01 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:42 am

Bit slow these days DTH.. Jungle drums must take a bit longer to reach you in the nice boy footy league.. Notice you have lost young Whaley has dad gone over there or just sowing his oats elsewhere??
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby oneuponedown » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:21 am

Kick&ACatch wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:With the report in the Sunday mail of a bumper snake season coming up , appears the Cobras have emerged from the cold and struck multiple times for 2017!

Anyone from Cove confirm?

Got some very handy pick ups thru a few ex players who were stand outs juniors for the club (Michael Galley , Ben Bird and Scott O'Shaughnessy being three that are confirmed already.) but theirs a possibility for more to follow.

Also heard of some guy who has been in the westies system for a while is also on board.... Cant Think of the name unfortunately :?

Hopefully with some of these moves we can be a more competitive 4 quarter team

Sounds good for the Cobras in 2017! Galley & SOS SANFL reserves/borderline league level players will certainly strengthen you up. Great for Cove to come back to their home club and the SFL to that point.
Plenty of clubs from other Leagues sniffing round them 2, including mine :(.

The Westies lad is Fitzpatrick I think, a tall mobile unit , one of Many leaving the bloods in last 2 years....... what are they doing down there? :shock:
oneuponedown
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby tigerpie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Down the Hill wrote:I've heard the Wineflies are hoping for more Vick-tories next season!!!

Yep appointed last night as the senior coach.
First gig as a coach i believe and im hearing a few senior players moving to country Victoria for big dollars.

No pressure!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby King » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:56 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:I've heard the Wineflies are hoping for more Vick-tories next season!!!

Yep appointed last night as the senior coach.
First gig as a coach i believe and im hearing a few senior players moving to country Victoria for big dollars.

No pressure!

Will that be playing or non playing coach?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:24 am

Can anyone confirm that the SFL have banned clubs joining the SANFL junior competition?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3567 times

Postby jet-airport » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:21 pm

With the change to 17.5 this year, I would be interested to know how clubs are setting up training for 2017?
Are 17.5 doing a senior pre-season, if so is it modified??
Then in regards to the season - training with seniors or training on their own.

Would be interested to see how all clubs are handling age group.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:Can anyone confirm that the SFL have banned clubs joining the SANFL junior competition?

Not sure on that, I think Marion are intending to keep all their juniors there.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:02 pm

Most of the quality coaches would all have coaching postions by now. Reynella wldnt have had much to choose from would they
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:13 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Can anyone confirm that the SFL have banned clubs joining the SANFL junior competition?

Not sure on that, I think Marion are intending to keep all their juniors there.

Wasn't it brought up at one of last year's last meetings before Brighton announced they were leaving. I'll check the minutes

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby oneuponedown » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 am

Boring as batshit on here at moment!!

I see Porter has walked into a muddy creek without a paddle down the trotting track, pretty much the 2016 top 6 players all goneski!!
Can Porter scrounge a few from the Twisties on their way out of SFL??
oneuponedown
Rookie

Postby Broken Down Hack » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:32 am

oneuponedown wrote:Boring as batshit on here at moment!!

I see Porter has walked into a muddy creek without a paddle down the trotting track, pretty much the 2016 top 6 players all goneski!!

Doubt it, any leaving Roos for Rams ...... so far numbers are at an average off 55 at early trainings, Roos players have im led to believe made at pack to stick together, young side with some handy returns .... at meet the coaches day a big round off applause when players told Porter to Marion ...... At least Ben gets to keep his SFL Association gig ..... be interesting if Rams decide to go to Ch9 AFL next year .... where to then for Mr Porter ???
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Animus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Is it a top 6 finals series in 2017?

Can anyone compete with Flaggies, Emus & Shoes or will it be a 3 horse race?
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby SFL Addict » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:55 pm

Ferguson from Goolwa to the Shoes. Should be a handy replacement for Mott if he makes it with South. Very similar type players.

Matty Johncock from the Shoes to Seaton Ramblers in the Amateur League. Decent loss, but the Shoes always seem to be able to find suitable replacements.

The old brigade in Peachy and Caudle going around again SB?
SFL Addict
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby shoe boy » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:16 am

SFL Addict wrote:Ferguson from Goolwa to the Shoes. Should be a handy replacement for Mott if he makes it with South. Very similar type players.

Matty Johncock from the Shoes to Seaton Ramblers in the Amateur League. Decent loss, but the Shoes always seem to be able to find suitable replacements.

The old brigade in Peachy and Caudle going around again SB?

Good numbers on the track including new faces and some from 2014 premiership that are back all looking good with a very young squad .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Second Team » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:01 pm

oneuponedown wrote:
Kick&ACatch wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:With the report in the Sunday mail of a bumper snake season coming up , appears the Cobras have emerged from the cold and struck multiple times for 2017!

Got some very handy pick ups thru a few ex players who were stand outs juniors for the club (Michael Galley , Ben Bird and Scott O'Shaughnessy being three that are confirmed already.) but theirs a possibility for more to follow.

Also heard of some guy who has been in the westies system for a while is also on board.... Cant Think of the name unfortunately :?

Sounds good for the Cobras in 2017! Galley & SOS SANFL reserves/borderline league level players will certainly strengthen you up. Great for Cove to come back to their home club and the SFL to that point.

The Westies lad is Fitzpatrick I think, a tall mobile unit , one of Many leaving the bloods in last 2 years....... what are they doing down there? :shock:

Pretty sure that if West wanted him he would still be there. 100 try out and 50 get cut every year. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Second Team
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 18 times

Postby oneuponedown » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:00 am

Second Team wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:
Kick&ACatch wrote:

Pretty sure that if West wanted him he would still be there. 100 try out and 50 get cut every year. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Merry Xmas to all.
ST know they wanted him, been in Bloods system for couple of years now, he was injured most of this year played the last 2 games and got in best for reserves both times. MM earmarked him for senior footy 2017 is the word. Certainly not a superstar but will find the SFL to his liking I think.
oneuponedown
Rookie

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:35 pm

Broken Down Hack wrote:
oneuponedown wrote:Boring as batshit on here at moment!!

Doubt it, any leaving Roos for Rams ...... so far numbers are at an average off 55 at early trainings, Roos players have im led to believe made at pack to stick together, young side with some handy returns .... at meet the coaches day a big round off applause when players told Porter to Marion ...... At least Ben gets to keep his SFL Association gig ..... be interesting if Rams decide to go to Ch9 AFL next year .... where to then for Mr Porter ???

I think Ben has taken on the toughest job in the state and we wish him the best. If he didn't take the Marion job we would have hoped he was going to stay on. Ben wasn't a fan of us moving to SAAFL but did a great job as assistant coach and got along with all the players and staff. Wouldn't say there was a round of applause when told he was coaching Marion, more of a shock on why would he take that job. (No offence to Marion) Ben got the coaching bug back and wanted a main job and good on him for taking on the challenge. We wish you the best and the doors will always be open if you want to come back.
And yes we have had a great start to preseason with good numbers out, everyone from last year has committed for the new challenge in the SAAFL.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL