C GRADE 2009

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: C GRADE 2009

Postby vics01 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:33 pm

DTH
Name another Saturday sport including any other footy comp that runs an alternative comp on a Sunday. Why should SFL pander to some of the tattooed toothless meatheads that gave the C grade comp its bad name some years ago. Those days are gone and thats why the so called traditional C grade clubs are not even fielding teams this year. I thought they all had so many Saturday workers that they queue up to play on Sunday. C grade comp for those teams still fielding is a good comp because of the youth in most teams. Most of these lads are busting to get a B grade game and are not playing C grade because its on a Sunday.

DTH I think you as in brighton are trying to be the organ grinder, making the SFL the monkey. Pushing Brightons own barrow.

Meatheads, that is a bit rough, from what I have seen in the last 4 years at least, the 'C' Grade is not about meatheads, that is an insult to the other clubs and to your own players. If Brighton want to play Saturdays maybe the SAAFL can accomodate you. If all the players from C grade teams are off playing elswshere on a Saturday clubs will loose money from suppoerters not watching games. (I know you dont have many supporters or club atmosphere) Let alone having to find extra trainers to be at other grounds on a Saturday, it is hard enough now to find officials let alone having other teams playing away from the main group on a saturday, I include finding extra umpires on a Saturday in this. You happen to umpire occassionally, are you going to miss the main game to go and umpire the 'C' Grade on a Saturday. Only so many games on Saturday can be accommodated.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby asert » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:17 am

im all for c grade on a sun or fri night but dth is right c grade about ten years ago or even more was fair few of guys who were 40ish could barely run and loved to smash heads. then the comp changed to alot of younger guys pushing for b grade but now only a few teams are surviving something does need to be done to revamp it but who knows what
asert
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby pale ale » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:21 am

C Grade is C Grade - who cares apart from the players that actually play and most of them cant but they enjoy it.
Leave it on a Sunday where it has been for 20 years, if Clubs have enough players then they will submit teams, if they dont they wont.
Some years theres lots of teams and sometimes theres not but dont try and build it up to something its not.
Its a kick and a catch for players that are not good enough (young and old)or too old to play up the grades or dont want to fully commit but dont want to retire yet.
Noarlunga attracted an element that wasnt desirable for them so they got rid of theres but with numbers increasing down there this will change
just for an example.
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:What about the people who have to work saturdays, do we say to them sorry you can't play footy anymore? go and play something else. Its up to each club to make sure all of the players gel together, whether there playing on a saturday or a sunday. Nothing wrong with a family day down at the club watching your kids play in the morning and then watching the c grade in the afternoon.

Name another Saturday sport including any other footy comp that runs an alternative comp on a Sunday. Why should SFL pander to some of the tattooed toothless meatheads that gave the C grade comp its bad name some years ago. Those days are gone and thats why the so called traditional C grade clubs are not even fielding teams this year. I thought they all had so many Saturday workers that they queue up to play on Sunday. C grade comp for those teams still fielding is a good comp because of the youth in most teams. Most of these lads are busting to get a B grade game and are not playing C grade because its on a Sunday.

Maybe Brighton are getting to big for the SFL. Have you looked at joining the SAAFL, then you can play all your senior teams on the saturday. I for one would be sad to see you go NOT. I think the C grade has been cleaned up a fair bit, i think it should be left alone. If you don't won't to play sunday footy don't put in a team. Sounds like you don't won't to open the doors on sundays???
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:38 pm

If having 3 senior teams, 5 juniors and 7 sub-junior teams is the definition of being too big for the SFL then we'll cop that. Maybe you guys with 2 senior, 0 junior and 2 sub-junior are too small for the SFL. Maybe you are so keen on Sunday C grade so guys like Hardy can play a fabricated 500 plus games because he played 30 plus games a season for the last 10 years or more of his career because he played twice on many weekends. Low blow I know but had to fight fire with fire. Look, all I'm saying is that Sunday Senior footy just ain't working for us and we are trying to convince clubs that there may be other options. I'm getting the message loud and clear that most are happy with C grade on a Sunday. You may all now realise that Flaggies have pulled the pin leaving 5 sides. I can't see the SFL or the clubs supporting a 5 side comp next year and Brighton will be re-considering its committment to C grade if majority of games are on a Sunday.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 288 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Speccy02 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:27 am

Down the Hill wrote:If having 3 senior teams, 5 juniors and 7 sub-junior teams is the definition of being too big for the SFL then we'll cop that. Maybe you guys with 2 senior, 0 junior and 2 sub-junior are too small for the SFL. Maybe you are so keen on Sunday C grade so guys like Hardy can play a fabricated 500 plus games because he played 30 plus games a season for the last 10 years or more of his career because he played twice on many weekends. Low blow I know but had to fight fire with fire. Look, all I'm saying is that Sunday Senior footy just ain't working for us and we are trying to convince clubs that there may be other options. I'm getting the message loud and clear that most are happy with C grade on a Sunday. You may all now realise that Flaggies have pulled the pin leaving 5 sides. I can't see the SFL or the clubs supporting a 5 side comp next year and Brighton will be re-considering its committment to C grade if majority of games are on a Sunday.

Done. 4 team comp, with no BYE'S, then a finals comp same as the past however many years. Will be a better scenario than this year with 3 sides pulling out. Within a year or 2 Noarlunga and Reynella back in the comp, PLAYED ON A SUNDAY, will survive.
Speccy02
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Speccy02 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:If having 3 senior teams, 5 juniors and 7 sub-junior teams is the definition of being too big for the SFL then we'll cop that. Maybe you guys with 2 senior, 0 junior and 2 sub-junior are too small for the SFL. Maybe you are so keen on Sunday C grade so guys like Hardy can play a fabricated 500 plus games because he played 30 plus games a season for the last 10 years or more of his career because he played twice on many weekends. Low blow I know but had to fight fire with fire. Look, all I'm saying is that Sunday Senior footy just ain't working for us and we are trying to convince clubs that there may be other options. I'm getting the message loud and clear that most are happy with C grade on a Sunday. You may all now realise that Flaggies have pulled the pin leaving 5 sides. I can't see the SFL or the clubs supporting a 5 side comp next year and Brighton will be re-considering its committment to C grade if majority of games are on a Sunday.

Done. 4 team comp, with no BYE'S, then a finals comp same as the past however many years. Will be a better scenario than this year with 3 sides pulling out. Within a year or 2 Noarlunga and Reynella back in the comp, PLAYED ON A SUNDAY, will survive.

Christies Beach are continuing to field a full team every week and it is a genuine 3rds team (ie not just a separate team trying to win a worthless premiership). The standard may not be great but a number of the lads who are playing have not played a lot of footy and are learning and the rest are missing out on B-grade selection. This team will play any day of the week and is now structured for improvement. I consider it a good show of strength for CBFC that they are 1 of 5 clubs that can field 3 full teams of senior players a week wheras there are 10 teams that cannot get a third side together. However at this rate, Christies may be playing finals Steven Bradbury style!. Sad to hear about Flagstaff Hill as I considered them a potential power on the rise.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:12 am

Noarlunga will be looking at playing a C grade side next year due to the numbers and as for Sat Sun or Friday night I personally would look at Fri night games with a second 14 or 16 side also or Sunday to follow minis and second sides.

We will be upgrading lighting for next year to accomadate night footy.(tech are on the job now)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Super Fred » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:36 pm

shoe boy wrote:Noarlunga will be looking at playing a C grade side next year due to the numbers and as for Sat Sun or Friday night I personally would look at Fri night games with a second 14 or 16 side also or Sunday to follow minis and second sides.

We will be upgrading lighting for next year to accomadate night footy.(tech are on the job now)

Friday nights at the Shoe sound alright. i hope they get a C Grade up next year as im sick of travelling to Gawler, Elizabeth and the like to play sport on Sunday.
Super Fred
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby wilba » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:27 pm

shoe boy hope that if you have c grade it will be run differently so that what happened before doesnt happen again.with current players missing b,s and a lot ofu18 becoming seniors next year it looks good for c gr side
wilba
Mini-League

Postby wattle » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:20 pm

Very strong M/Vale side smashed Brighton by over 20 goals today things looking good at Emu land As Bs and Cs all flying along and all teams won by over 100 points against good finals teams this weekend
wattle
Under 16s

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 pm

So who are the contenders in the C Grade this year? Is it the `Big 4 again as always? (MVale,BDOS,HV,Rey)?? I played in the Valleys 04 Premiership and was just curious to see how this comp is going this year?? Always bloody good fun. Did i read correctly that the SFL are thinking of changing the days in which the games are played?? That couldnt be fair dinkun could it?? I hope its not, for the competitions sake..
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:26 am

I think most will agree that the top 4 this year have been awesome with the title likely to be between Morphett Vale & Cove. Christies have been the only survivor of the rest, Flaggies players seem to have stopped turning up once they realised they would not make finals and as a result pulled their side.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bag The Points » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:48 am

Tiger83 wrote:So who are the contenders in the C Grade this year? Is it the `Big 4 again as always? (MVale,BDOS,HV,Rey)?? I played in the Valleys 04 Premiership and was just curious to see how this comp is going this year?? Always bloody good fun. Did i read correctly that the SFL are thinking of changing the days in which the games are played?? That couldnt be fair dinkun could it?? I hope its not, for the competitions sake..

Reynella haven't been top four for ages and don't even have a side this year. Comp is dominated by current top four of Cove, Morphett Vale, Brighton and Happy Valley. Final Four is set with only Christies Beach left to contest with them ----- all the others have pulled the pin.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby asert » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:I think most will agree that the top 4 this year have been awesome with the title likely to be between Morphett Vale & Cove. Christies have been the only survivor of the rest, Flaggies players seem to have stopped turning up once they realised they would not make finals and as a result pulled their side.

they never were mate reckon we played with 14 and and one support staff all season. then we had 3 away games in a row and two forfeits.we tried to participate
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby wattle » Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:52 pm

Heard that Valleys are starting to stack there c grade team,must mean there bs dont think they can make finals or if they do can not win flag.Except for the players that play in the gf who really cares about there clubs C grade?Make M/V look even stronger with all 3 grades top
wattle
Under 16s

Postby MatteeG » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:43 pm

[quote="Look Good In Leather"]I think most will agree that the top 4 this year have been awesome with the title likely to be between Morphett Vale & Cove. Christies have been the only survivor of the rest, Flaggies players seem to have stopped turning up once they realised they would not make finals and as a result pulled their side.[/quote="Look Good In Leather"]

Poor call LGIL- as Asert said there was just not the player numbers or support staff to keep the team viable. We even had club legends who retired years ago willing to pull boots on, which should not have been required.

Good luck to the other sides still going...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby watcher » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 am

wattle wrote:Heard that Valleys are starting to stack there c grade team,must mean there bs dont think they can make finals or if they do can not win flag.Except for the players that play in the gf who really cares about there clubs C grade?Make M/V look even stronger with all 3 grades top

Happy Valley stack a team to win a lower level premiership!! Nah, I don't believe it!!!
watcher
Mini-League

Postby Navy2005 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 am

Hi All
Just wanted to aask the CBFC people on this forum what Paul Daly is like as a coach? Terrific bloke who bleeds red white and black.

And how are the Beach going in the C grade this year?
Navy2005
Under 16s

Postby wattle » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:36 pm

watcher wrote:
wattle wrote:Heard that Valleys are starting to stack there c grade team,must mean there bs dont think they can make finals or if they do can not win flag.Except for the players that play in the gf who really cares about there clubs C grade?Make M/V look even stronger with all 3 grades top

Happy Valley stack a team to win a lower level premiership!! Nah, I don't believe it!!!

was also told today that some cove b graders may find themselves playing c grade this week due to the fact there bs are playing hackam and the c grade needs to win to keep double chance :roll: must be real important the c grade flag this year.Should be a good finals round with 4 strong sides
wattle
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL