Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby eagles23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:58 pm

McLaren ended up winning by about eight goals in the end against Flagstaff Hill.
McLaren played their B's for the first three quarters and the A squad for the last three.
While Flaggie's B's played the first two quarters and their A's played the last four quarters.
eagles23

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Blue Boy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:12 pm

the observer wrote:I REALLY DO NOT KNOW WHY IM ASSOCIATED WITH HACKHAM I SAID A STUGGLING CLUB ANY BODY OUTSIDE THE EIGHT IS A STRUGGLING CLUB TO ME
FLAGGIES CAN BE GAUGED BY THE AMOUNT OF PLAYERS THAT HAVE LEFT McLAREN FROM LAST SEASON ALMOST HALF THIER SIDE

Stop yelling observer
It is what it is !!!
Blue Boy
Veteran

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:52 pm

eagles23 wrote:McLaren ended up winning by about eight goals in the end against Flagstaff Hill.
McLaren played their B's for the first three quarters and the A squad for the last three.
While Flaggie's B's played the first two quarters and their A's played the last four quarters.

Eagle
I didn't think it looked like Mclaren had two full sides?
Flagstaff Hill played a mixture of B and C graders to start with and then started feeding the A graders in after two quarters, lots of juniors having a run as well.
Was that eight goal lead built in the first two quarters? I am not sure but the last 4 looked a lot more even than that
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby MatteeG » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:53 pm

Cove beat Lobethal comfortably in both grades on the weekend.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:04 pm

Were Lobethal full strength??
Just heard a rumour that a few recruits don't like to play the last trial before the season, not worth it to their wallet to get a small injury and miss round 1
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby petoe » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:10 pm

observer hawks, could u plz name the so called 10-11 (Half the side) A graders that have left mclaren from last year like u are saying. I think u will find the exodus is less than u think and they still wil have a competitive side with some decent players in the GSFL this season. I can only think of 3, Bachmann, Loots, Thomson(maybe). What can u read into trials anyway.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby eagles23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:41 pm

BubblesOfBlue wrote:
eagles23 wrote:McLaren ended up winning by about eight goals in the end against Flagstaff Hill.

Eagle
Flagstaff Hill played a mixture of B and C graders to start with and then started feeding the A graders in after two quarters, lots of juniors having a run as well.
Was that eight goal lead built in the first two quarters? I am not sure but the last 4 looked a lot more even than that

McLaren had 21 players for the B grade squad and 18 for the A grade squad.
About 4 or 5 guys from the b grade stayed and played in the second half.
I guess about half of the lead was scored in the first couple of quarters.
eagles23

Postby eagles23 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:45 pm

petoe wrote:observer hawks, could u plz name the so called 10-11 (Half the side) A graders that have left mclaren from last year like u are saying. I think u will find the exodus is less than u think and they still wil have a competitive side with some decent players in the GSFL this season. I can only think of 3, Bachmann, Loots, Thomson(maybe). What can u read into trials anyway.

You could probably add the following players that played most of the year for McLaren in the A's.
Bergman, McCade, Hockey, Fenoughty.
eagles23

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:29 pm

eagles23 wrote:
BubblesOfBlue wrote:

Eagle

McLaren had 21 players for the B grade squad and 18 for the A grade squad.
About 4 or 5 guys from the b grade stayed and played in the second half.
I guess about half of the lead was scored in the first couple of quarters.

Thanks, it was hard to tell how many stayed and how many moved on I may be mistaken but there were a couple of class players that started in the first quarters that surely are a graders
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby the observer » Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:41 pm

INCLUDE
C.CHAHLA
J.PIDGEON
B.FLOOD
F.WILLIAMS
A.LANGTON
A.WANGANEEN

THATS UP TO ABOUT 14 MISSING WHO ALL PLAYED A's AT SOME TIME AT McLAREN
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby BubblesOfBlue » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:45 pm

If not Hawks then who Observer?
BubblesOfBlue
Rookie

Postby GWW » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:49 pm

petoe wrote:observer hawks, could u plz name the so called 10-11 (Half the side) A graders that have left mclaren from last year like u are saying. I think u will find the exodus is less than u think and they still wil have a competitive side with some decent players in the GSFL this season. I can only think of 3, Bachmann, Loots, Thomson(maybe). What can u read into trials anyway.

I'm not sure if hes been listed, but isnt Hentschke trying out with South Adelaide this year?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby petoe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:23 am

onka-valley virgin, how do u think happy valley will fare this year? Not much has been said about them this pre season and are a bit unknown. They have lost their premiership coach now, so what do u reckon for season 2006?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby onkas-valleysvirgin » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:16 pm

Petoe,
I sincerely hope the Valleys have a good season but there are a few question marks over them as I see it.
If new coach Shane Sterzl plays, you will have him at 33+,Keam around the same age, both hobbling around the forward line. Talbot,Guitnik and Burton have split to Kangarilla so that is 3 x young big guys down before you start. Whetstone has gone to Noarlunga and the 2 x Eagleton Brothers have also departed (Damien being the only real loss there) plus of course Jayce Richardson whom we have spent far too long discussing already.There have been regular A graders missing training I am reliably informed and they have no B Grade coach either after Chapman pulled the pin recently with a work transfer. I don't know if fielding 2 x Sunday A grade sides is the most inspired decision ever made down there as that is going to thin things out considerably and it will be very difficult to manage thursday nights.
Thats the down side. The upside is a few lads might freshen up with a new voice and there should be plenty of opportunities for some of the good young players around the club to step up. Some of the stars of the side who had indifferent seasons last year you would hope would respond also.
The problem clubs like Happy Valley face is you only really have to perform 8 times during the home and away season...the rest of the time you just do what you have to do against inferior opposition. The game last season V Lonsdale Lions was the worst game of football I have ever been involved in. Happy Valley did not kill off any of those sides last year and until that hunger returns I'm predicting a Noarlunga-ish season for the boys from Taylors Rd.
Rest assured though I will be getting down there when I can and following their progress with great interest.
Tiger to Viking to Bulldog to drinking cans and smoking darts in the outer again. That's footy.....
onkas-valleysvirgin
Mini-League

Postby grumpy » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:26 pm

Where have the Eagleton boys gone?
grumpy
Mini-League

Postby petoe » Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:22 pm

With less than 2 weeks till the start of the SFL season does anyone wish to post their ladder predictions (1 - 14) for the end of the minor round?
Going on last year, trial game results, recruits, new coach etc.?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby the observer » Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:13 pm

Petoe Ill have a go
Need you to back it up with your prediction

REYNELLA
BRIGHTON
HAPPY VALLEY
MORPHETT VALE
NOARLUNGA
PORT NOARLUNGA
COVE
FLAGSTAFF HILL
CHRISTIES BEACH
MARION
SULLIES
MV PARK
ALDINGA
HAWKS

COVE DOWN IS A RAFFLE UNLESS YOU KNOW CLUBS RECRUITS BETTER THAN I HAVE HEARD
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby GWW » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:08 pm

The ex Aldinga contingent has started off well playing for Tantanoola in the Mid South East League. Adam Walden's first game as coach of the Tigers resulted in a win against Port MacDonnell. One of the ex Aldinga players kicked 5 goals (not sure of his name).
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby petoe » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:48 am

Observer these are my thoughts: end of minor round.

REYNELLA
MORPHETT VALE
COVE
BRIGHTON
PT. NOARLUNGA
HAPPY VALLEY
CHRISTIES BEACH
FLAGSTAFF HILL
noarlunga
marion
sullies-lonsdale
morphie pk.
sthn. hawks
aldinga

Hard to predict though, how did i rate ur team observer? agree?
What are others thoughts?
petoe
Under 16s

Postby hillsrider » Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:58 am

see a couple of you have tipped aldinga to finish at the bottom. they will be a big improvement on last year, as they have picked up quite a few very good recruits. plus a coach that the whole club and players have gotten right behind. there numbers have been excellent for there trainings, and they have had some good results in trial games. cant see them finishing in the bottom 4.
hillsrider
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL