S.F.L Mail medal

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: S.F.L Mail medal

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 am

Pomeroy 1st
Banyer 2nd
Johnstone 3rd
Bayley
Vick
Prescott

only 8 votes separated 1st from 6th
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Swooper16 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Well done to Pommers. Dont think he was anyone on the forums tip but obviously the left foot done enough to get noticed by the umpires.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby footy nut » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:34 pm

[quote="AFLflyer"][quote="footy nut"]There were three of the top six on display on the weekend, Bayly & Johnstone showed why they are the favourites tonight. Prescott again failed to deliver when it got tough in a final and for such a windy day never had a hair out of place....
Good luck to all tonight should be close count[/quote]

what utter crap F.nut - you must have absolutly no idea about the game - i have never read more crap. what an ambarrassing post. failed to deliver what rubbish. SP can hold his head high, once again he ran and ran all day. Maybe not his best match for the year, but definitely didn't fail to deliver.[/quote]

AFL - let me just say to you that Pescott is a very smart footballer who can win stoppages and run forward of the footy as well as anyone but once again when the footy got tough in a final he struggles to go and find the hard footy. Brightons young fellas had no trouble in this area and reeped the rewards.
You can't beat local footy
footy nut
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby AFLflyer » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:55 pm

it's easy to blame the captain isnt it. my point is he played well and gave everything, would have been in Reynella's top 3 players - others didnt seem put in as much, in terrible conditions . you must have been at a different game if you couldnt see that, that is all.

yeah well done to Pommeroy, the left foot definitlely eye catching. good player.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby footy nut » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:06 pm

Yeh well done to pummas - a really talented player who has had his work ethic questioned since juniors - great to see him apply himself this year, he's the type of exciting player why we all still go and watch footy
Fully deserved.
You can't beat local footy
footy nut
Rookie

S.F.L Mail medal

Postby Leg Rope » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:46 pm

Great effort by the Cobras to win the best club of 2007 in the SFL last night. Unlucky Vicky didnt win the medal, thought it was his year.
When playing Reynella in the first week of the finals Prescott was easily best against us. Also last year in the prelim he was up there too. Maybe footy nut needs to look further than the front man or doesn't he know anyone else?
Leg Rope

Postby The Mexican » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Leg Rope wrote:Great effort by the Cobras to win the best club of 2007 in the SFL last night. Unlucky Vicky didnt win the medal, thought it was his year.
When playing Reynella in the first week of the finals Prescott was easily best against us. Also last year in the prelim he was up there too. Maybe footy nut needs to look further than the front man or doesn't he know anyone else?

I'm all for the club of the year award but surely they have got to get it right when they do it or it will lose it's merit. Granted my perspective is from an Emu's perspective but i will lay it out and you can all decide for yourselves (good luck if there is a club with a better record than the Emu's too):

MV Cove
A's - 1 2
B's - 3 1
C's - 1 2
18's - 4 3
16's - 4 9
14's - 2 4

Surely the club with the lowest points score is deemed to have a better year.

As for Prescott, he's never played a good game against Morphett Vale in the time he's been back at Reynella.
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby fly » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:42 am

[quote="The Mexican"][quote="Leg Rope"]Great effort by the Cobras to win the best club of 2007 in the SFL last night. Unlucky Vicky didnt win the medal, thought it was his year.
When playing Reynella in the first week of the finals Prescott was easily best against us. Also last year in the prelim he was up there too. Maybe footy nut needs to look further than the front man or doesn't he know anyone else?[/quote]

I'm all for the club of the year award but surely they have got to get it right when they do it or it will lose it's merit. Granted my perspective is from an Emu's perspective but i will lay it out and you can all decide for yourselves (good luck if there is a club with a better record than the Emu's too):

MV Cove
A's - 1 2
B's - 3 1
C's - 1 2
18's - 4 3
16's - 4 9
14's - 2 4

As for Prescott, he's never played a good game against Morphett Vale in the time he's been back at Reynella.[/quote]
You must not have attended the last mv rey game mexican??????? :oops: :oops:
fly
Under 16s

Postby The Mexican » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:53 am

fly wrote:
The Mexican wrote:
Leg Rope wrote:Great effort by the Cobras to win the best club of 2007 in the SFL last night. Unlucky Vicky didnt win the medal, thought it was his year.

MV Cove
A's - 1 2
B's - 3 1
C's - 1 2
18's - 4 3
16's - 4 9
14's - 2 4

As for Prescott, he's never played a good game against Morphett Vale in the time he's been back at Reynella.

You must not have attended the last mv rey game mexican??????? :oops: :oops:

Yeah Fly i was there, stood Pollard in a negative role, had minimal influence, had 3 kicked on him in 3 quarters and moved into the midfield for the last quarter. Again didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck and actually missed atleast 1 crucial goal in that last quarter to peg back the deficit... Couldn't possibly have made Reynella's best players.
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby The Dutchman » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:59 am

Perhaps the award to Cove was more of an encouragement award?

And Fly, get off the Reynella/Prescott wagon mate and learn to take some criticism. I saw him get taken to the cleaners against Pollard in that game. Very poor decision to play him back there by your own admission. From memory you stuck Sitters back there as well. Between them they had more clangers than the rest of the wineflys that day.
The Dutchman
Under 18s

Postby fly » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:28 am

[quote="The Dutchman"]Perhaps the award to Cove was more of an encouragement award?

And Fly, get off the Reynella/Prescott wagon mate and learn to take some criticism. I saw him get taken to the cleaners against Pollard in that game. Very poor decision to play him back there by your own admission. From memory you stuck Sitters back there as well. Between them they had more clangers than the rest of the wineflys that day.[/quote]

I am sure he would make your side Dutchy am not adverse to critisism mate.
fly
Under 16s

Postby rock » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:21 pm

CRITICISM... to big a word for you fly. But you get a smiley stamp for trying.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby fly » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:23 pm

* edited by smithy - let's try and get back on track fella's ? *
fly
Under 16s