SFL- Ins and Outs for 2009

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: SFL- Ins and Outs for 2009

Postby the big bang » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:36 pm

no posse just yet, shrive and portlock keep me busy enough.

no idea about the points system, think we'll be alright because most of the newbies are kids who carry very few or no points.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby eagleman22 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:43 pm

asert wrote:sounds like a new posse coming on bang. how are you guys going for points now at dinghy

Well under on points thus far . . Still a recruit or 2 to come . . Watch this space!!!!!
eagleman22
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby asert » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:37 am

if you guys are mostly kids are you mainly going for a in a 3 year plan when they mature or going to or have senior players around them to help them thru. it will go in your favour if you guys get fit as possible and run all day with your enthusiasm you all seem to have. look forward to seeeing it in action this year
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Panther32 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 am

asert wrote:sounds like a new posse coming on bang. how are you guys going for points now at dinghy

They'll kick plenty!!! Boom Tish! ;)
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Backliner » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:04 pm

Who seriously thinks the points system will be an issue, never seen anyone check player identification in 7 years of SFL. Will a SFL committee member be checking wallets and matching up the points, lol, I think not. Will only affect player registration and add to the paperwork load they already have.
I remember playing a team last year and a former sharks player was running water, his player asked him why he wasn't playing this week like he had all year, I told him it's because he's still registered at Aldinga ;)
Backliner
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby asert » Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:33 pm

its crap but the sfl is trying to stop teams like reynella for making the comp unfair because they buy players rather than breed them
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Injured Phantom » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:28 pm

Your completely right asert ... reynella doesnt breed their own players ...?

Take out Butcher, Wood, Mensforth, Fouracres from last years squad and the rest were either Reynella juniors or came to Reynella on their own acord (I think Fouracres came on his own acord anyway).

I dont agree with paying large amounts for players while long-time players get next to nothing, but if YOUR club was CLOSE to a premiership and had lost key position player/s (Sitters - CHF, Smitheram - Rover) to a club because of $$$, wouldnt you go try to quick-fix that position/s?

I think the Butcher recruit was more through links to Evans, and he was a fair resume. If the opportunity presents itself, I just didnt like how it was handled at the time. Hopefully the club has learnt from that mistake though.

As for making the competition "uneven", Im sure Mex, Cyclops or ZC would care to remind us how many A-grade premierships we have won in the past 5 years (or 31) and how close we have been in those years.

Here's a question for you Asert ... Moore was a Reynella junior, had captained SANFL league, played AFL and had many clubs interested in his services ... would you be unhappy if your beloved Bushpigs did not try to pursue Cooney (within a budget) if he returned to Adelaide country footy? Maybe if your club retained its players from the superb juniors you have, then the competition might be more even ... for the better! Get out of the glasshouse buddy.
Injured Phantom
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby SSS » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:12 pm

asert wrote:its crap but the sfl is trying to stop teams like reynella for making the comp unfair because they buy players rather than breed them

I seem to remember your club bringing in an ex AFL player to coach and several imports some time ago.

I've told you before asert, instead of bitching about all sorts of imaginary problems get off your bums and work hard, work smart and make things happen yourselves.

If you can't do that. If your'e not good enough, give it away.

IP I loved your reply.
SSS

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby AFLflyer » Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:06 pm

asert wrote:its crap but the sfl is trying to stop teams like reynella for making the comp unfair because they buy players rather than breed them

........ everyone knows almost ALL of theis years list has played many games for the club. there was a handful last year that hadn't. good reply IP and SSS
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL