Club best and fairests - SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Club best and fairests - SFL

Postby mrf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:09 pm

Wes Bilney won Marion's B & F on Saturday night by the length of the straight. Brett Miegel runner up for the second year.
mrf

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pag » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:10 pm

mrf wrote:Wes Bilney won Marion's B & F on Saturday night by the length of the straight. Brett Miegel runner up for the second year.
Brett Miegel? I reckon I played State Under 12s with him about 8 years ago. Small pacy wingman type. Has he grown at all mrf?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby mrf » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:14 pm

Pag wrote:
mrf wrote:Wes Bilney won Marion's B & F on Saturday night by the length of the straight. Brett Miegel runner up for the second year.
Brett Miegel? I reckon I played State Under 12s with him about 8 years ago. Small pacy wingman type. Has he grown at all mrf?

Yeah that sounds like him. Hasnt grown at all. Can play footy. He's about 20 I think.
mrf

Postby alice the camel » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:36 am

Saw R. Ray-Zwar's name a bit in your best this year - how'd he go?? Was he at Sth Ad for a while - how does he go??
alice the camel
Rookie

Postby mrf » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:14 am

alice the camel wrote:Saw R. Ray-Zwar's name a bit in your best this year - how'd he go?? Was he at Sth Ad for a while - how does he go??

3rd or 4th I think. Not near the pace. He tells everyone he played at south but only juniors i think. Very fit player gets plenty of the ball but burns it a lot. Takes a good mark. Not a bad player.
mrf

Postby Pag » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:18 pm

mrf wrote:
Pag wrote:

Yeah that sounds like him. Hasnt grown at all. Can play footy. He's about 20 I think.
Yeah that'd be him.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby t express » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:32 pm

mrf wrote:
alice the camel wrote:Saw R. Ray-Zwar's name a bit in your best this year - how'd he go?? Was he at Sth Ad for a while - how does he go??

3rd or 4th I think. Not near the pace. He tells everyone he played at south but only juniors i think. Very fit player gets plenty of the ball but burns it a lot. Takes a good mark. Not a bad player.

agree MRF burns it plenty and a tad soft ,good hands when he wants just floats around and trys to read the play!
t express
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:31 am

Toddy Johnstone took out his 3rd consecutive Mark Jolly Medal (A grade B & F) for the Bombers on Saturday night, followed by Statham, Bell, Rivers, Brookman and King. The chardonnay was flowing freely and plenty of lattes on Jetty Rd on Sunday morning to cure the hangovers. A classy night for a classy club.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby GO THE PUNT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:08 pm

Well done to the little man if he keeps winning them its going to become the TJ medal. Also this would have put another $100 in his wallet every saturday night I would think. If not another club may.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby Shake 'n Bake » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:59 pm

Josh Vick also 3 time B&F well ahead of a log jam Craig Bevan runner up with close finishes Schneyder M and D Reavill. Farrugia head and shoulders B grade winner. Should be another good year next year with Josh Vick anouncing he will play on probally 1 player out from the GF side with alot deciding to go after a second flag.
Shake 'n Bake

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Jono » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Shake n Bake... Who is going to go if they win a second one??? I would imagine Gill and Bevan retired (and thats because of age, and both there spots by then would be well and truly covered) the rest would continue on i would think!!!!
Jono
Rookie

Postby The Lova » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Jono wrote:Shake n Bake... Who is going to go if they win a second one??? I would imagine Gill and Bevan retired (and thats because of age, and both there spots by then would be well and truly covered) the rest would continue on i would think!!!!

Thats a big IF there jono. can you see an emu type run coming up hey?? worry about the second before looking much further hey??? :shock: :shock:
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby roo32 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:59 pm

Jono wrote:Shake n Bake... Who is going to go if they win a second one??? I would imagine Gill and Bevan retired (and thats because of age, and both there spots by then would be well and truly covered) the rest would continue on i would think!!!!

How old is Bevan, I would have thought at a guess he would only be 27-28?
"Who are you and how did you get in here?"

"I'm a locksmith and I'm a locksmith."
roo32
Rookie

Postby Jono » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:13 pm

Think he will be 29 by end of next season ...Great player though and no doubt fingers crossed they will get 2 or 3 more years from him has couple knee problems.... Thats why I said IF Lova... Can't take anything for granted and with the right commitment and as long as the hunger still continues I can see this Cove side being around for a while... Now whether thats winning flags i.e Morphett Vale or continuel finals success will be seen over next couple years!!!!
I know the leadership group and coaching staff down there are very good..Arguably the best in the league when you look at Ramsey as a Premiership Captain now and Bevan Vick and Heath as deputies and these guys want continuel success and they will make sure come start of 09 there is no hangover and they plus the team will be as hungry as ever....
Everyone knows that doesn't mean squat cos all teams are but think with a bit of luck they can again be the ones to beat...
Jono
Rookie

Postby rodney fox » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:28 pm

Jono wrote:Think he will be 29 by end of next season ...Great player though and no doubt fingers crossed they will get 2 or 3 more years from him has couple knee problems.... Thats why I said IF Lova... Can't take anything for granted and with the right commitment and as long as the hunger still continues I can see this Cove side being around for a while... Now whether thats winning flags i.e Morphett Vale or continuel finals success will be seen over next couple years!!!!
I know the leadership group and coaching staff down there are very good..Arguably the best in the league when you look at Ramsey as a Premiership Captain now and Bevan Vick and Heath as deputies and these guys want continuel success and they will make sure come start of 09 there is no hangover and they plus the team will be as hungry as ever....
Everyone knows that doesn't mean squat cos all teams are but think with a bit of luck they can again be the ones to beat...

I don't think anyone could argue with that jono. They have put together a great group of guys who are definitley more than capable to back it up. Obviously all sides improve it's good to hear they are keen to go back to back. Think it will be another good year for the Cove.
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Shake 'n Bake » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:53 pm

Just heard a few were looking at settling down and starting families up. Gill and Dutchy were 2 I heard also heard a few had their arms twisted to suit up this year but are now keen as mustard at a crack at 2. Also heard that Matty Reavill was concidering another crack at league down at the Bays that would be a massive lose (shock to matty too 3 trainings a week haha)
Shake 'n Bake

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:58 am

Just heard that Matty Paine ended up with the Hawks B & F, finishing just one vote ahead of Blake Mosar.
Good Luck to him ---- a solid consistent player for them throughout these tough times.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mr Goodkat » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Would highly doubt Matty Reavill will be going back to SANFL next year.

I hear he is keen as to help the Cobra's notch up another flag in 09.

Also he enjoys training once a month
Mr Goodkat
Mini-League

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL