NO 5 IN A ROW FOR MORPHIES

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: NO 5 IN A ROW FOR MORPHIES

Postby fisho mcspaz » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:01 pm

I'll say! Hey NM - what's your tip for AFL premiers 2009? It'll save me having to watch any AFL next year. Ever since they introduced hands-in-the-back the game has been monumentally soft and uninteresting. I don't think I saw one decent AFL match the whole season, including the Grand Final.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:24 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:I'll say! Hey NM - what's your tip for AFL premiers 2009? It'll save me having to watch any AFL next year. Ever since they introduced hands-in-the-back the game has been monumentally soft and uninteresting. I don't think I saw one decent AFL match the whole season, including the Grand Final.

Lets wait & see who's in it first fisho, i might be good but i'm not that good! :lol:
I thought yesterdays game was a great game of football, i don't know what you look for in a game fisho or how you can make such a stupid statement.
The only thing that was dissappointing yesterday was how inconsistant the maggots were umpiring the game, Geelong got an absolute ride from them.
Hawthorn had the last laugh.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby AFLflyer » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:34 pm

fisho mcspaz wrote:I'll say! Hey NM - what's your tip for AFL premiers 2009? It'll save me having to watch any AFL next year. Ever since they introduced hands-in-the-back the game has been monumentally soft and uninteresting. I don't think I saw one decent AFL match the whole season, including the Grand Final.

fisho, i know this is the wrong forum, but far out. How could you say that yesterday's match wasn't decent? It was a great game, one of the best GF's i've seen....!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby t express » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:22 pm

AFLflyer wrote:

fisho, i know this is the wrong forum, but far out. How could you say that yesterday's match wasn't decent? It was a great game, one of the best GF's i've seen....!

go and watch netball spaz cos you obviously dont know anything about football !!
t express
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:55 pm

In the face of so much disagreement, I still stand by what I said about the Grand Final! Here's why.

1. The first quarter was TERRIFIC. Seriously good footy.

2. After that, Geelong lost their confidence. They started chipping the ball around a la Port Power in its early years. If they'd gone straight down the guts instead of mincing around the flanks they'd have won the game.

3. Umpires were complete rubbish for most of the day. (Side note: Especially the balding one. I reckon that the less hair an umpire has, the more bitter they become, and the more likely to hand out 50m penalties for no apparent reason.) Anyway, I know that's not either team's fault - though both sides did give away some stupid frees - but it was annoying to watch.

4. The 'stars' of the game - Franklin, Roughead, Ablett, Bartel, Ling - very ordinary performance. Although I did think the Ablett/Bateman matchup was inspired.

So yeah - I didn't think it was the best Grand Final I've ever seen. But I have been thinking a bit, and I reckon my attitude is probably due to the fact that I just don't like watching AFL any more, in general. For one, it's too much about the money; for another, the hands-in-the-back rule is a TRAVESTY - send it over to touch footy where it belongs!; also, I really hate having to endure three and a half hours of crap when I just want to know who won the Brownlow and which games they polled in. (And if I see one more overdressed tart wearing fake tan, I'm going to throw up.) There are few things I dislike more than flooding but one of them is ZONING. My AFL team is the Crows, and their performance puts me to sleep. Maybe if they got themselves a big flashy full-forward... but they won't.

I just wish the AFL would rediscover its grassroots a little, even though it's never going to happen. The SANFL Grand Final is always worth watching, because there's still heart in the game. That's what I felt was missing last Saturday between Geelong and Hawthorn. And it's not their fault. It's evolution. And maybe I need to accept that.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby fisho mcspaz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:57 pm

t express wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:

go and watch netball spaz cos you obviously dont know anything about football !!

I won't! And you can't make me! I'd rather watch Hayden Christensen cry all the way through Star Wars Episode II - again - than watch netball. :evil:
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL