Who is gonna win the 2008 SFL Premiership???

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Hallet Cove Cobras
33%
Morphett Vale Emus
40%
Brighton Bombers
20%
Port Noarlunga Cockledivers
7%

Total votes : 45

Postby Cheese Twisties » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:20 pm

And then there were four....

Whos got it this year?
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Re: Who is gonna win the 2008 SFL Premiership???

Postby tatts » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:33 am

Cheese Twisties wrote:And then there were four....

Whos got it this year?

Well Cheese for what its worth i think Porties will knock Cove of and the Emus will account for the Bombers.Porties knocked Cove of last year in the semi and it will be interesting how the mindset of the Cobras will be this week.Cove have definately improved on last season but Porties have some good inclusions in there team and are well coached.Watched the Emus A grade last week and they looked ominous,they just seem to take it to another level this time of the season.Brighton looked good last week against Reynella and are a very capable team that just keep coming at you but just wonder if they can sustain that type of footy for 4 quarters.Both will be cracking games but i reckon Emus Vs Porties Grand Final with the Emus winning there 5th in a row.
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:54 am

Reckon Cove will be ready for Port this time. I'm tipping a Morphett/Cove Grand Final with Cobras taking a thriller.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby lion heart » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:26 pm

i cant see porties possibly beating cove this week i think cove will win easily... will be a close gf be interesting to see if the emus experience gets them over the line or if cove can crack the big one.... im sitting on the fence!!
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby lion heart » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:26 pm

i cant see porties possibly beating cove this week i think cove will win easily... will be a close gf be interesting to see if the emus experience gets them over the line or if cove can crack the big one.... im sitting on the fence!!
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby fly » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Emus by plenty Cove would have to start now they will be crushed by the Emu's 45-70 pts too hard too strong too good,end of story.
fly
Under 16s

Postby heater31 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:22 pm

fly wrote:Emus by plenty Cove would have to start now they will be crushed by the Emu's 45-70 pts too hard too strong too good,end of story.

If Cove produce another first half again like on Saturday they won't. They have already used the get out of jail card and I haven't ever seen the Emus play
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby tatts » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 am

heater31 wrote:
fly wrote:Emus by plenty Cove would have to start now they will be crushed by the Emu's 45-70 pts too hard too strong too good,end of story.

If Cove produce another first half again like on Saturday they won't. They have already used the get out of jail card and I haven't ever seen the Emus play

Cove would be worried after watching the Emus beat Brighton.Saw the whole game and thought that the Emus dominated from the start.Not sure if anyone would have beaten Morphies yesterday the way they played.Brighton are a good side and deserved to be where they finished in the minor round but just couldnt get their game together at the start and Morphies were just ruthless.

Cove are a quality outfit and have really improved this season and are capable of kicking big scores but i just think that they might struggle in tight against the likes of the Bayleys.Howell and Joraslafsky.
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL