World Cup - Brazil 2014

The World Game

Re: World Cup - Brazil 2014

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Germany v Argies for my final. I'm off Brazil and my passion for Argentina is purely based on my sportsbet account and the fact they were my pre tournament tip. Big Messi fan too, good to see a humble superstar who does not reek of being a wanker.

I agree with Craig Foster "Gee Australia are unlucky not to be in the semis" ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 852 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:43 pm

brazil are ripe for the pickings with no neymar.

and agree, messi is actually a likeable footballer, which is pretty rare haha
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:brazil are ripe for the pickings with no neymar.

Brazil are far from a one man team, they are more than capable of winning without Neymar.
I am a Messi fan but he is also a serial flopper, only have to sneeze on him and he goes down. A couple of his efforts this season warranted suspensions
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3570 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Brazil are far from a one man team, they are more than capable of winning without Neymar.
I am a Messi fan but he is also a serial flopper, only have to sneeze on him and he goes down. A couple of his efforts this season warranted suspensions

yeah i know they are a gun team still, but take the main playmaker out of any team and it will have an effect, even just on the confidence of the team
bennymacca
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:10 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

yeah i know they are a gun team still, but take the main playmaker out of any team and it will have an effect, even just on the confidence of the team

Didn't they lose their Captain as well.

Fair to say either Semi could go either way. Even the bookies aren't sure. Should make for a couple of entertaining semis
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:17 pm

yeah i think you are right, he got two yellows?

yeah its going to be great, and with the exception of spain probably the semis we were expecting too
bennymacca
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:18 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Didn't they lose their Captain as well.

Fair to say either Semi could go either way. Even the bookies aren't sure. Should make for a couple of entertaining semis

Brazil have been far from convincing. Haven't rated them at all this tournament and didn't think they would win it in the first place and still stand by that
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:22 pm

bennymacca wrote:yeah i think you are right, he got two yellows?

yeah its going to be great, and with the exception of spain probably the semis we were expecting too

Thiago is suspended for the semi
Jim05
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:25 pm

Yep Spain for Dutch and you have my final four.
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:26 pm

wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:28 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Of course they would rather have him but I get tired of the media all saying Brazil are no hope without him, ive seen far too many sides win over the years without their star players. They will bring in a very capable replacement and Ive thought there are a few on the Brazil side who havnt got out of second gear yet, this might be the kick in the arse they need to lift their game.
This one has penalties all over it IMO, probably 0-0 or 1-1 AET.
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:31 pm

wristwatcher wrote:

I had Italy instead of the Dutch
Jim05
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:33 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Of course they would rather have him but I get tired of the media all saying Brazil are no hope without him, ive seen far too many sides win over the years without their star players. They will bring in a very capable replacement and Ive thought there are a few on the Brazil side who havnt got out of second gear yet, this might be the kick in the arse they need to lift their game.

A couple of their strikers on the bench look no chance of scoring. I haven't seen a lot of them except in highlights but maybe Fred and some other one named dud. I still giggle at the fact they have a guy names Hulk. :lol:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:01 am

wristwatcher wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:[quote="bennymacca"]brazil are ripe for the pickings with no neymar.

A couple of their strikers on the bench look no chance of scoring. I haven't seen a lot of them except in highlights but maybe Fred and some other one named dud. I still giggle at the fact they have a guy names Hulk. :lol:[/quote]
Willian is a very capable replacement but Paulinho is fairly average, Germany would be hoping he plays.
Hulk is a hilarious name but he can play and is a proven goal scorer at league level, not sure he is a quite World class though
Jim05
Coach

Postby Keefy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:38 am

Jim05 wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:[quote="Jim05"][quote="bennymacca"]brazil are ripe for the pickings with no neymar.

A couple of their strikers on the bench look no chance of scoring. I haven't seen a lot of them except in highlights but maybe Fred and some other one named dud. I still giggle at the fact they have a guy names Hulk. :lol:[/quote]
Willian is a very capable replacement but Paulinho is fairly average, Germany would be hoping he plays.
Hulk is a hilarious name but he can play and is a proven goal scorer at league level, not sure he is a quite World class though[/quote]

Didn't Willian break down at training the other day?
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:23 am

Willian didnt complete training apparantly
Jim05
Coach