World Cup 2018

The World Game

Re: World Cup 2018

Postby Brodlach » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:14 pm

Should that be red card for last defender?

3-0
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby JK » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 pm

Spargo wrote:Yes, yes - more goals.
I’ve backed us 4-0 :lol:

What price mate?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Captain Jedinak, all hail!!!!
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Wedgie » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Like watching a Central Coast reunion. Jedinak, Sainsbury, Rogic and Ryan.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:21 pm

Spargo wrote:Yes! 1 more now

That should have been 4.

#spud
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11919 times
Been liked: 3631 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:25 pm

Juric useless and the less said about Kruse the better. Disappointed to not keep a clean sheet
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Spargo » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:30 pm

JK wrote:

What price mate?

Only $26, was $101 at halftime.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5533 times
Been liked: 5161 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby JK » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:57 am

Spargo wrote:
JK wrote:

What price mate?

Only $26, was $101 at halftime.

Unrucky mate, should have gone 4-0 up
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby tigerpie » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:05 pm

The first half was so hard to watch!
Sooooo many fouls and blokes acting like they've been shot!
Stamp the theatrics out of the game please.
But got the job done in the end....phew.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm

tigerpie wrote:The first half was so hard to watch!

Exactly how I felt! Guys feel contact and throw themselves forward chest first like they've been sniped.

I appreciate and respect the skill and fitness in the game, but geez I really struggle to watch the game.. even the commentators are boring and bit monotone. The crowd chanting "Olay olay" annoyed me too haha.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4040 times

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:18 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Exactly how I felt! Guys feel contact and throw themselves forward chest first like they've been sniped.

I appreciate and respect the skill and fitness in the game, but geez I really struggle to watch the game.. even the commentators are boring and bit monotone. The crowd chanting "Olay olay" annoyed me too haha.

It's the biggest blight on the game, the theatrics. How do the players get away with their actions towards the ref? Throwing their arms up in air and gesturing "**** off" or the like. The Honduran manager was going ape droppings on the sidelines at the 4th official, for what, maybe a missed free kick?

It's the worst part of soccer and it really does stop me from watching any matches. I tuned in last night as it was our national team trying to make the World Cup, but I did turn over to other programs twice during the first half and then when the ricochet went in and made it 1-nil I figured it was either going to be 3-0 or the Hondurans would go the knuckle. Nearly both.

Start acting like grown ups and set an example for the next generation or the whole "show" is going to get less watchable.

Imagine an aussie rules player, at any level, throwing his arms up and the ref and flicking him off? He'd be laughed at. Rightly so.

I flicked back just as the handball was called and that was it for me.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:19 pm

Booney wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

It's the biggest blight on the game, the theatrics. How do the players get away with their actions towards the ref? Throwing their arms up in air and gesturing "**** off" or the like. The Honduran manager was going ape droppings on the sidelines at the 4th official, for what, maybe a missed free kick?

It's the worst part of soccer and it really does stop me from watching any matches. I tuned in last night as it was our national team trying to make the World Cup, but I did turn over to other programs twice during the first half and then when the ricochet went in and made it 1-nil I figured it was either going to be 3-0 or the Hondurans would go the knuckle. Nearly both.

Start acting like grown ups and set an example for the next generation or the whole "show" is going to get less watchable.

Imagine an aussie rules player, at any level, throwing his arms up and the ref and flicking him off? He'd be laughed at. Rightly so.

I flicked back just as the handball was called and that was it for me.

I’m not a fan of the staging in soccer but find the pro Aussie rules mentality amusing when there are far more players ducking and staging in the AFL. In soccer apart from the odd penalty which results in a goal most of the free kicks are in harmless positions and used as a time wasting tactic or a chance for players to reset their positions. The Luke Shuey blatant cheating to win a final was far worse than anything done on the field last night
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm

If Shuey had stayed on the ground for 3 minutes writhing in pain only to miraculously be resurrected after someone patted him on the back and gave him a sip of water then I'd agree.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:50 pm

Booney wrote:If Shuey had stayed on the ground for 3 minutes writhing in pain only to miraculously be resurrected after someone patted him on the back and gave him a sip of water then I'd agree.

I hate that part of the game and the simple thing would be to either card them or make them go off for a period of time. The milking of frees in Aussie rules though is getting embarrassing also. The use of video referees has been good for penalties but I reckon staging for frees inside the forward 50’s has become worse in the AFL
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:If Shuey had stayed on the ground for 3 minutes writhing in pain only to miraculously be resurrected after someone patted him on the back and gave him a sip of water then I'd agree.

I hate that part of the game and the simple thing would be to either card them or make them go off for a period of time. The milking of frees in Aussie rules though is getting embarrassing also. The use of video referees has been good for penalties but I reckon staging for frees inside the forward 50’s has become worse in the AFL

Another option, which is apparently being talked about, is change the length of the game to 60 mins but stop the clock every time there is a free kick or throw in. That way there is no incentive to waste time.

I reckon if they could award yellows after the game if they find a dive or dissent that was missed during the game, that would be good too
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby The Bedge » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:57 pm

Jim05 wrote:The milking of frees in Aussie rules though is getting embarrassing also. The use of video referees has been good for penalties but I reckon staging for frees inside the forward 50’s has become worse in the AFL

Correct and the punters hate it - how much crap do players like Lindsay Thomas, Chad Wingard, Joel Selwood, Luke Shuey cop for their antics on the footy field.

Watching the soccer last night, everytime a player flung themselves forward, chest out, arms out stretched looking to the sky after feeling contact on their leg, I felt like wanting to really kick them in the gonads so they had a reason to exaggerate haha!

Interestingly, Tim Cahill copped a pretty harsh kick to the forearm, he just walked around holding/rubbing his arm for a few moments and went on with the game - no life threatening behaviour and he prob copped the worst hit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4040 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Jim05 wrote:The milking of frees in Aussie rules though is getting embarrassing also. The use of video referees has been good for penalties but I reckon staging for frees inside the forward 50’s has become worse in the AFL

Correct and the punters hate it - how much crap do players like Lindsay Thomas, Chad Wingard, Joel Selwood, Luke Shuey cop for their antics on the footy field.

Watching the soccer last night, everytime a player flung themselves forward, chest out, arms out stretched looking to the sky after feeling contact on their leg, I felt like wanting to really kick them in the gonads so they had a reason to exaggerate haha!

Interestingly, Tim Cahill copped a pretty harsh kick to the forearm, he just walked around holding/rubbing his arm for a few moments and went on with the game - no life threatening behaviour and he prob copped the worst hit.

Selwood is treated like a God and every time he gets called out for his staging the media sycophants go into bat for him with his “he rolls his shoulders into the tackle” crap
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Peru claim the last spot in Russia with a 2-0 win over NZ today
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:42 pm

Must admit I was pretty happy when they got the first, and then second, goal

I could see us ****ing it up last night, but they didn't
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1081 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:20 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Another option, which is apparently being talked about, is change the length of the game to 60 mins but stop the clock every time there is a free kick or throw in. That way there is no incentive to waste time.

I reckon if they could award yellows after the game if they find a dive or dissent that was missed during the game, that would be good too

Don’t change something that’s not broken
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer