Basketball Boomers

Winter and Summer

Re: Basketball Boomers

Postby Interceptor » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 pm

Unfortunate finish to the 2nd qtr there with a 3-pointer right on the siren.
Outscored 30-19 and it only takes one bad patch to make it extremely difficult.

Kobe Bryant carries the USA team with his talent (not that any of the others are slouches!)
Last edited by Interceptor on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby drebin » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Bloody disgraceful from C7 - 3 f*ckin hours of softball and we miss almost the first half of the basketball!!! Which it might turn out was our best half!!!

Why couldn't they show it "delayed" from the start and with the catch up time over the half time break they could have done the whole 2nd half live!!!
drebin

Postby Interceptor » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Yeah 7 just can't get anything right (idiots).

Disappointing blow out in the score.
Hopefully the Boomers keep it respectable.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Postby Magpiespower » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:20 am

drebin wrote:Bloody disgraceful from C7 - 3 f*ckin hours of softball and we miss almost the first half of the basketball!!! Which it might turn out was our best half!!!

Why not the old picture-in-picture? Or at the very least a score update!

Bad enough we have to put up with the borderline-retarded Yum Cha and it's inane Seven-ebrities. But to miss almost half the game?

And FFS, it's Team USA - NOT the Dream Team!

:twisted:
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby JK » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 am

Interceptor wrote:Unfortunate finish to the 2nd qtr there with a 3-pointer right on the siren

After Anderson missed a bread & butter shot (a night he'd prefer to forget I'd say), the teams should have gone in much closer at half-time ... Not that it would have mattered, the Yanks hardly broke into a sweat, as you would expect.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bob Loblaw » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:37 am

Swooper16 wrote:Also for the gamblers i really like Australia at +30.5 I think we will compete for the majority of the game but end up going down by about 20

USA win by 31 :oops:
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Swooper16 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 am

2 missed free throws at the end.... :evil: Guess it was the icing on a very sour cake. I thought we might have hung in there for 3 quarters at least but that play at the end of the half killed us. Also you cant do much when Kobe & lebron are playing to their maximum - in the end just sit back and marvel i guess.

Newley had some good moments and looked like he belong out there. I think Mills will not only play NBA but i think could well be a starting point guard in the near future. Chris Paul is regarded as one of the quickest players in the NBA and he was no match for the little Aussie!

As for Channel 7....i should have known better!!
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Hills » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:41 pm

Mills is a gun without doubt.
ingles played well too considering the amount of court time. Scored 11 points (3 from 3, 3 pointers in the last)and i think managed a steal off of lebron, or was that mills?

Also. the advertiser give the boomers bugger all. Would like to see a little more there.
Once you go black, your in a wheelchair.
Hills
Reserves

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Grahaml » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:10 pm

I definitely disagree with the comment about Kobe carrying the team. I think he's too wasteful with the ball. Granted he's a great fade-away shot but he's probably the one the other teams need to be taking the shot. Doesn't get to the hoop as well as Wade or James IMHO and doesn't shoot as well as most others on that team. His passing is inferior to Kidd and probably James and Wade as well. Having said that though once any of those guys get hot they'll shoot the lights out.

And there is only one dream team. The 1992 USA basketball team. It was the dream team because it was easily the best assembled in history. Many people's all time team was more or less the same line up. This team doesn't have that same calibre of player across the board. Plus the fact that they aren't the best 12 players in the world. Gasol, Nowitzki and Nash would make that USA team IMHO. And there are a stack of players in this comp (and even some whose countries didn't qualify) who are NBA starters. 16 years ago that wasn't the case.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Interceptor » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Grahaml wrote:I definitely disagree with the comment about Kobe carrying the team. I think he's too wasteful with the ball. Granted he's a great fade-away shot but he's probably the one the other teams need to be taking the shot. Doesn't get to the hoop as well as Wade or James IMHO and doesn't shoot as well as most others on that team. His passing is inferior to Kidd and probably James and Wade as well. Having said that though once any of those guys get hot they'll shoot the lights out.

Yeah "carrying" wasn't the best way to put it -I'd like to see how they go without Kobe and LeBron James though...

Last night Kobe wasn't hitting too many from distance early on, but I thought he helped open the game up by converting in close.
Started hitting the 3-pointers later on though! (as did the rest of them...)
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Postby Grahaml » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:11 am

If you took out their starting 5 they'd still be the best team. Take out the 12 over there and they'd still be the best team. No doubt the gap would close and they'd be more likely to lose but the depth they have is amazing. But I do think Kobe is a bit of a weakness along with their lack of genuine post up threats. Add a Tim Duncan and play Kidd, Wade, James and Howard as the starters and I think the balance and efficiency looks better. Kobe plays the way he does because he's the number 1 man and needs to in LA. I'd rather from the USA perspective see him use his passing more and wait for the shots he doesn't have to put over a hand because then he really can shoot, and has a chance of getting settled into a shooting rhythm.

Just heard on channel 7 Lawrie Lawrence scammed his way into the game with 100 Aussies without tickets, mostly from the extended swimming family. And Lauren Jackson apparently said she'd do a nudie run if they won! Wouldn't have surprised me at all if she followed through with that if it happened.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Interceptor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:44 am

Semi Final -half time

USA 49
Arg 40

Big 2nd qtr by the Argentinians to get themselves back in it after a terrible start.

Was 6 pts the difference until a dubious 3-pt shooting foul gave the US three from the free throw line seconds before half time.

Hopefully it really is game on and it's a close contest in the 2nd half.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Postby Interceptor » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:46 am

Semi Final -full time

USA 101
Arg 81

Pretty gutsy effort from the Argies considering they lost their best player early and another was playing injured.
Only takes a one or two bad patches be in trouble against the Americans and after fighting back in the 2nd, they imploded in the 3rd and that was it.

Outstanding effort from Scola for the Argentinians.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Postby Pidge » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:36 pm

drebin wrote:Bloody disgraceful from C7 - 3 f*ckin hours of softball and we miss almost the first half of the basketball!!! Which it might turn out was our best half!!!

Why couldn't they show it "delayed" from the start and with the catch up time over the half time break they could have done the whole 2nd half live!!!

The softball was more exciting than the Basketball. Plus it was a semi final, so the winner got into a Gold Medal Match.

The Basketball game was silly. It looked as though the referees were favouring USA.
It's Somma Time!
Pidge
League - Top 5

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:54 pm

Half time in the gold medal match

Usa 69

Spain 61
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:12 pm

With about 6 mins left in the third in the gold medal match

Usa 75

Spain 71

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Postby Interceptor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Channel 7 at it again, cutting out half the 3rd qtr with ads.

What a pack of arseholes.
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:25 pm

3/4 time

Usa 91

Spain 92

Thiele
Coach

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:31 pm

USa 91

Spain 89

with 8.13 left in the game

Thiele
Coach

Postby Interceptor » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:32 pm

Thiele wrote:USa 91

Spain 89

with 8.13 left in the game

Well I won't be able to see it up here because the morons at 7 have cut the coverage to go to the f_cken news service :evil: :evil: :evil:
Interceptor
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics