Future Test Programming

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Future Test Programming

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:57 am

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/c ... 27001.html

Love the idea of playing the saffers in a 4 test series.

also like them hinting at playing some of the lower teams in the winter in cairns and darwin. only has to be one or two tests, but i think playing bangladesh, zimbabwe, hell even new zealand or the windies in the winter makes a lot of sense, especially if it allows for longer series against the better teams (saffers, england, india)

makes commercial sense too i guess, saving the summer for the highest drawing teams.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: Future Test Programming

Postby heater31 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am

bennymacca wrote:http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/727001.html

also like them hinting at playing some of the lower teams in the winter in cairns and darwin. only has to be one or two tests, but i think playing bangladesh, zimbabwe, hell even new zealand or the windies in the winter makes a lot of sense, especially if it allows for longer series against the better teams (saffers, england, india)

makes commercial sense too i guess, saving the summer for the highest drawing teams.

Think we are one of the only test playing countries that has the capabilities to play cricket at anytime of the year.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:34 am

Cricket in Darwin. Beauty.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am

heater31 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/727001.html

Think we are one of the only test playing countries that has the capabilities to play cricket at anytime of the year.

would have thought most of the asian countries (especially srilanka and southern india), and west indies would also have that ability, and probably just dont because they are mostly just in the southern hemisphere for our summer.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket