Sack Chuck

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Sack Chuck

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:55 pm

pafc1870 wrote:Klinger, Cooper, Lyon and Hughes aren't South Aussies but are four of our best players

Yes, they have done remarkably well this match, haven't they ;)
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Sack Chuck

Postby RustyCage » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:57 pm

At least Klinger can say he hasn't failed this match!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 934 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:14 pm

daysofourlives wrote:The stubborn self interest of the grade clubs are to blame for the plight of SA cricket FULL STOP

care to qualify this statement with facts?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:27 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:The stubborn self interest of the grade clubs are to blame for the plight of SA cricket FULL STOP

Here we go again.
Everyone in the state knows we have too many grade teams.
Therefore the logical question to be asked is why don't we have less teams then?
And the answer to that is no grade clubs want to merge for the betterment of the state.

We have Woodville, WT, PA, and to a lesser extent Prospect close to each other. Merge these into 2 teams and get rid of University who have no juniors and theres your 10 team comp, EASY.
SACA would love this to happen but as grade clubs run cricket in this state we get back to my original statement
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2456 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby overloaded » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:44 pm

Surely chuck would be looking for a letter on his desk each Monday morning. Why is cricket differnet to football, he would have been psssed off a year ago in football
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby smac » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:11 pm

A year ago coincides with his debut as first class coach.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:18 pm

clearly a year too long
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 12312 times
Been liked: 3918 times

Postby Coach Bombay » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:55 pm

was today the last straw? someone must get the noose now. Its a brittle culture at best
The death penalty can never be excused as it allows a state a means by which it can pick and choose who is fit to live and who isnt
Coach Bombay
League - Top 5

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 142 times

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:22 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:

Here we go again.
Everyone in the state knows we have too many grade teams.
Therefore the logical question to be asked is why don't we have less teams then?
And the answer to that is no grade clubs want to merge for the betterment of the state.

We have Woodville, WT, PA, and to a lesser extent Prospect close to each other. Merge these into 2 teams and get rid of University who have no juniors and theres your 10 team comp, EASY.
SACA would love this to happen but as grade clubs run cricket in this state we get back to my original statement

Woodville and West Torrens have won four of the last six premierships between them and were last season's Grand Finalists. Why should those two clubs be merged???
You will have major legal battles on your hands if you try to get rid of University - not going to happen, plain and simple!
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby bulldogproud2 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:28 pm

bulldogproud2 wrote:

Actually it may have a lot to do with the fact we have very few SOUTH AUSTRALIANS in the team. The players we get from interstate don't have the same spirit in pulling on the Redback jumper as home-grown players do, in many cases.

Stupid comment of mine actually.
However, I do have a beef about how the selectors seem to rank players from interstate higher than local players. In recent years we have seen Ryan Harris, Mark Cosgrove and Cameron Borgas go interstate due to lack of opportunities. We have also lost Tom Moffatt and delisted Daniel Harris. Surely, these players deserved more opportunities than some interstate recruits.
Additionally, Peter George has been overlooked for the first two shield matches despite being in great form in going through the strong Kensington batting lineup last week.
Also, surely Timothy Davey is every bit as good as Tim Ludeman, despite Ludeman making runs today.
Will we also see players like Sam Raphael go interstate due to lack of opportunities?
Also, players like Jamie Panelli and Michael Harden were capable of higher honours, were they not?
There are probably a number of other born and bred South Aussies who could be listed in the same category.

Cheers
bulldogproud2
League - Best 21

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:32 pm

I think it there should be a div1/div2 style set up.

Announce it a couple of years before hand and eg day at the end of 2014 season the top x amount of teams will be div1 the bottom half div2.

All redback listed players and potential red backs would be looking to play div1
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5647 times
Been liked: 2581 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MatteeG » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 pm

whufc wrote:I think it there should be a div1/div2 style set up.

Announce it a couple of years before hand and eg day at the end of 2014 season the top x amount of teams will be div1 the bottom half div2.

All redback listed players and potential red backs would be looking to play div1

This
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Sky Pilot » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Who is this "Chuck" everyone seems to be bagging?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby overloaded » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:27 pm

Ray 'Chuck' Bennett

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby stampy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:14 pm

haha good ol' chuck didnt get to spend any of that bookie robbery money before he was knocked,

back on topic, just heard chuck, the berry type on triple m, very straight forward not shying away from the buck stopping with him, says talk is cheap and that OL better keep a lookn' over his shoulder!!
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 345 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:16 pm

A message to Redbacks fans from Darren Berry

12 Oct 2012 - Community/Country Cricket, General News, Redbacks, SACA

As coach of the West End Redbacks, I can only apologise for our efforts this week. It was unacceptable and there have been many frank discussions in the change rooms. Our players know it is not good enough. Our coaching staff knows it is not good enough. And as fans, you know it is absolutely not good enough.

We are only two matches into the season, but this is not the start we wanted. Our pre-season was spot-on. We played some very good cricket and all the signs were positive. So to start with two big losses is not only disappointing, it is frustrating and unacceptable for me. I want to assure you, our fans and supporters of South Australian cricket, that this team is better than what they have shown out there this week.

We have talked about this game, what we needed to do to hold our wickets, back each other 100% and show some fighting spirit. Sadly, we didn’t do that and to go down so badly is not acceptable for anyone at SACA.

I sincerely hope you stick with us, and that we can earn your trust back. We have an important match on Sunday at Adelaide Oval for the first Ryobi One Day Cup match. This is the grand final rematch and I can tell you the players will be dead keen to fight back from this week. There is an enormous amount of pride on the line, and I have asked them to think long and hard about what needs to change before Sunday.

We have very good form in the 50 over format, and I am confident we can re-group. It’s certainly been a tough week, but I know this group, and I know we can bounce-back and give our fans something to be proud of this season.

Darren Berry
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2422 times
Been liked: 3822 times

Postby scoob » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:18 pm

stampy wrote:haha good ol' chuck didnt get to spend any of that bookie robbery money before he was knocked,

back on topic, just heard chuck, the berry type on triple m, very straight forward not shying away from the buck stopping with him, says talk is cheap and that OL better keep a lookn' over his shoulder!!

Said it himself... horse has bolted Chuck... F@#$ off
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Sack Chuck

Postby RustyCage » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Efforts this week? You mean the last 16 years!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 934 times

Postby stampy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:45 pm

chuck is the man to lead us to the promised land
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 345 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby overloaded » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Chuck = dead man walking

:Hangman:

overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket