No votes
Unley Mercedes Jets
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 1

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
So, is the plan for the two games to be made up to be played on Sep 4, then the Prelim finals for Div 1 on Sep10/11 and the GF on Sep 18?

If they don't need to make up these two games, would they just play the finals on same weekends as all other grades?

I would think that logistically it would be too late to make alternative arrangements.

They may as well play the games then rather than have a BYE weekend?
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:45 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
So, is the plan for the two games to be made up to be played on Sep 4, then the Prelim finals for Div 1 on Sep10/11 and the GF on Sep 18?

If they don't need to make up these two games, would they just play the finals on same weekends as all other grades?

I would think that logistically it would be too late to make alternative arrangements.

They may as well play the games then rather than have a BYE weekend?

I'm sure they will, you'd hate to see someone miss out on the Brownlow by a vote.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:23 pm

Half time

PNU 3.13
SPOC 2.3

PNU put one out on the full after the half time siren.

Lord give me strength
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:51 pm

Per last three weeks of posts Goodwood the best in the comp, PAOC more talented but not quite as well organised. PNU can get them both on its day.

Would wager a Goodwood PAC Grand final and if pressed Goodwood to win.

Should be a good month of footy to come because there are many if buts and maybes on any view
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby amber_fluid » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:02 pm

Great to see Districts win over Brighton and avoid relegation.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2228 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby Yank Man » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:04 pm

jo172 wrote:Per last three weeks of posts Goodwood the best in the comp, PAOC more talented but not quite as well organised. PNU can get them both on its day.

Would wager a Goodwood PAC Grand final and if pressed Goodwood to win.

Should be a good month of footy to come because there are many if buts and maybes on any view

SPOC beat Port Dist next week and they make the top 4, on what I saw today Districts had 4 or 5 on one leg in the last quarter. Gallant effort considering but Brighton were pretty ordinary.

TTG have PAOC and ROC’s would need to win by a big margin to make up %

That leaves the split round a dead rubber.

Goody Sts and PAOC are the best in the comp and PNU had a couple of stars out today and their best is good enough on a good day.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby lumeqopo » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:47 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:All finals at Richmond Oval for Div 1 according to sportspulse

Does anyone know who will play Friday and who Saturday. Will it be 1v4 Friday night or 2v3

I have heard it will be 1v4 on Saturday and 2v3 on Friday night across the divisions, but nothing official.

Friday night is crap. Don’t play a night game all year and they dump a game on clubs for a prelim. Got blokes that are tradies and a BGrade game starts at 5:30pm. Absolute farce this finals series has become. Put the lower divs on Friday night and play the div 1 and 2 on Saturdays

We have done it before. it can be done.
lumeqopo
Mini-League

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby jo172 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:31 pm

My maths is likely bad, but the balance of the split round would appear to be live regardless of results next weekend?

SPOC and TTG percentage will likely make it an extremely small risk that anything would change, but still, there's a theoretical chance
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:21 am

Playing around with the ladder predictor tool you can get a scenario where 4th-6th is decided on percentage and 8th/9th is decided on percentage which doesn't seem out of the borders of possibility (namely ROCS beat Brighton, SPOC beat Districts, PNU defeat Uni and PAOC defeat Gullies).

The upside of this is that the sides only playing 17 games have a substantial percentage bump on the sides that they're on top of such that the League could probably get away with not playing the split round games.

If Port District beat SPOC and/or TTG beat PAOC in particular it gets pretty hairy though.

The Reserves seems pretty static and shouldn't need the split round to be completed and ditto the C Grade
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby JesseWhite » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:24 am

jo172 wrote:Playing around with the ladder predictor tool you can get a scenario where 4th-6th is decided on percentage and 8th/9th is decided on percentage which doesn't seem out of the borders of possibility (namely ROCS beat Brighton, SPOC beat Districts, PNU defeat Uni and PAOC defeat Gullies).

The upside of this is that the sides only playing 17 games have a substantial percentage bump on the sides that they're on top of such that the League could probably get away with not playing the split round games.

If Port District beat SPOC and/or TTG beat PAOC in particular it gets pretty hairy though.

The Reserves seems pretty static and shouldn't need the split round to be completed and ditto the C Grade

Would you prefer they ditch the split round remaining games and just get into a finals series ASAP?
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 am

JesseWhite wrote:
jo172 wrote:Playing around with the ladder predictor tool you can get a scenario where 4th-6th is decided on percentage and 8th/9th is decided on percentage which doesn't seem out of the borders of possibility (namely ROCS beat Brighton, SPOC beat Districts, PNU defeat Uni and PAOC defeat Gullies).

Would you prefer they ditch the split round remaining games and just get into a finals series ASAP?

My preference is yes if for no other reasons then the longer we wait, the sooner the bug gets here somehow and we need to shutdown and miss out on a finals altogether.

Would be a shame if in a hypothetical world every grade except for D1 had a premier
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:53 am

jo172 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:

My preference is yes if for no other reasons then the longer we wait, the sooner the bug gets here somehow and we need to shutdown and miss out on a finals altogether.

Would be a shame if in a hypothetical world every grade except for D1 had a premier

Agree, get it over with as soon as possible.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:55 am

jo172 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:

Could they ditch the split round, start finals and then have the bottom 6 sides play off same week for "seeding"? :-?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4005 times

Postby Footy Jet » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:09 pm

Latest from the league is PAC vs Goodwood won’t be played at all. Finals will be next week if SPOC wins, PAC wins and Adelaide Uni lose, which all would be ‘expected’. Have also been informed that they will scrap the Friday night finals idea. Both games will be played at 2:15pm at separate ovals next week, with normal B and C grade games before hand. Which I think we can all agree is the right choice.
Anyone predicting any boil overs this weekend?
Footy Jet
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time

Postby JesseWhite » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:46 pm

Footy Jet wrote:Latest from the league is PAC vs Goodwood won’t be played at all. Finals will be next week if SPOC wins, PAC wins and Adelaide Uni lose, which all would be ‘expected’. Have also been informed that they will scrap the Friday night finals idea. Both games will be played at 2:15pm at separate ovals next week, with normal B and C grade games before hand. Which I think we can all agree is the right choice.

Any idea if the Friday Night finals being scrapped is league wide? Assume that would mean no more neutral finals?

Port Dist v SPOC a big one for an upset for me.
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby retired60 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:16 pm

JesseWhite wrote:
Footy Jet wrote:Latest from the league is PAC vs Goodwood won’t be played at all. Finals will be next week if SPOC wins, PAC wins and Adelaide Uni lose, which all would be ‘expected’. Have also been informed that they will scrap the Friday night finals idea. Both games will be played at 2:15pm at separate ovals next week, with normal B and C grade games before hand. Which I think we can all agree is the right choice.

Any idea if the Friday Night finals being scrapped is league wide? Assume that would mean no more neutral finals?

Has anyone considered the integrity of voting for the Div 1 medal.
retired60

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Footy Jet » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:31 pm

retired60 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:

Considering some of the votes given out in recent years it's a crapshoot anyway. But I would hazard a guess it won't matter. Trengove going to be tough to catch.

Not sure on all leagues for Friday nights. Div 1 games will be SANFL ground for PAC and other game at ROCS at this stage, which is a bit strange but with SANFL still going it leaves limited options.
Footy Jet
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:01 am

Neutral finals have not been scrapped and neither have Friday night finals. My latest mail is that there are at least 8 suitable neutral grounds for Saturday week. If D1 finals commence that week then both D1 finals will be the Saturday (Richmond 1 v 4 & Campbelltown 2 v 3). Council putting up 60m of fencing at the Northern end of C'town to make it fully fenced. 6 remaIning venues which are SANFL grounds plus I assume St Mary's and maybe Mitcham will host the 1 v 4 D2 to D7 finals. The 2 v 3 for D2 to D7 will be Friday night at SANFL & St Mary's. Times are now 6pm B grade & 8pm A grade. Things will shift down if D1 still playing normal season Saturday week.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby jo172 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:18 am

Footy Jet wrote:
retired60 wrote:
JesseWhite wrote:

Considering some of the votes given out in recent years it's a crapshoot anyway. But I would hazard a guess it won't matter. Trengove going to be tough to catch.

Not sure on all leagues for Friday nights. Div 1 games will be SANFL ground for PAC and other game at ROCS at this stage, which is a bit strange but with SANFL still going it leaves limited options.

I'd go as far to say that Trengove will have it all sown up before the statewide shutdown. Has had a hell of a season.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:59 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Neutral finals have not been scrapped and neither have Friday night finals. My latest mail is that there are at least 8 suitable neutral grounds for Saturday week. If D1 finals commence that week then both D1 finals will be the Saturday (Richmond 1 v 4 & Campbelltown 2 v 3). Council putting up 60m of fencing at the Northern end of C'town to make it fully fenced. 6 remaIning venues which are SANFL grounds plus I assume St Mary's and maybe Mitcham will host the 1 v 4 D2 to D7 finals. The 2 v 3 for D2 to D7 will be Friday night at SANFL & St Mary's. Times are now 6pm B grade & 8pm A grade. Things will shift down if D1 still playing normal season Saturday week.

I think St Marys will be hosting all the Div 4 finals including Grand Finals
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League