SANFL Junior codes

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: SANFL Junior codes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:50 pm

The Bedge wrote:Part of me thinks it's good for fast tracking player development, part of me thinks it's unfair on those clubs who are unable to do so. Also wonder how it works with the "25 junior game" rule - you could effectively rack up 25 games in one season.

Seen a lad a few years ago playing 4 games for his club every weekend, played SANFL development squad on Friday nights too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

Postby gadj1976 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:25 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Part of me thinks it's good for fast tracking player development, part of me thinks it's unfair on those clubs who are unable to do so. Also wonder how it works with the "25 junior game" rule - you could effectively rack up 25 games in one season.

Seen a lad a few years ago playing 4 games for his club every weekend, played SANFL development squad on Friday nights too.

That 25 game rule doesn't seem to be enforced any more. My son played development squad Friday nights then doubled up on Sundays. I know of others that are doing development, playing in their own grade and then filling in for other teams. They'd easily rack up 25 games a season.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby S Demon » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:52 am

gadj1976 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

That 25 game rule doesn't seem to be enforced any more. My son played development squad Friday nights then doubled up on Sundays. I know of others that are doing development, playing in their own grade and then filling in for other teams. They'd easily rack up 25 games a season.

I think Bedge means being a zero pointer in senior footy at the same club after 25 junior games
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby MoP » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:32 am

Big round of Grand Finals coming up this weekend. Henley, Edwardstown and Glenunga have 4 teams in them.
Fair disparity in the allocation of venues for the teams, though. The SANFL Juniors-sponsored Henley have 3 teams at HQ and the 4th at Richmond. Edwardstown don't have to leave Richmond all day, but Glenunga have teams at HQ (for games against Henley), Richmond and Elizabeth.
The SANFL Juniors second favourite team, Blackwood, also have back to back games at Prospect. Makes sense to have teams from the same club play at the same venue. Unfortunately, not every club was given the same courtesy.
MoP
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Pag » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:37 pm

MoP wrote:Big round of Grand Finals coming up this weekend. Henley, Edwardstown and Glenunga have 4 teams in them.
Fair disparity in the allocation of venues for the teams, though. The SANFL Juniors-sponsored Henley have 3 teams at HQ and the 4th at Richmond. Edwardstown don't have to leave Richmond all day, but Glenunga have teams at HQ (for games against Henley), Richmond and Elizabeth.
The SANFL Juniors second favourite team, Blackwood, also have back to back games at Prospect. Makes sense to have teams from the same club play at the same venue. Unfortunately, not every club was given the same courtesy.

Any suggestion how you could have every single club with multiple teams being able to have ALL their teams play together at the same venue? Its ideal, definitely, but I'm sure it'd be a logistical nightmare. Especially if there's more clubs in this boat than available venues.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby MoP » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:39 pm

Pag wrote:
MoP wrote:Big round of Grand Finals coming up this weekend. Henley, Edwardstown and Glenunga have 4 teams in them.

Any suggestion how you could have every single club with multiple teams being able to have ALL their teams play together at the same venue? Its ideal, definitely, but I'm sure it'd be a logistical nightmare. Especially if there's more clubs in this boat than available venues.

Pag, I agree with you. It's a logistical nightmare.
I'm just highlighting that some clubs always appear to be looked after - a cynic might say that there's a vested interest in Henley. And, whilst it's irrelevant now, I would hazard a guess that if Henley's U17.5 Div 3 had've beaten Glenunga yesterday, they would have been playing at Thebarton at 1:30pm, not at Elizabeth.
MoP
Rookie

Postby MoP » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:01 am

Elizabeth Oval finals moved to Thebby.
Thebby finals moved to Glenelg.
MoP
Rookie

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:26 am

A lot of insanity here, but complaining to the AFL Integrity Unit a real cherry on top
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:51 am

How can a league decide to program a final on a Tuesday night without first checking how that could impact player availability. Maybe they need to speak with WOS and Broadview about getting the right legal team together for taking the South Metro league on.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby MoP » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:32 am

The SANFL Juniors / Henley Sharks administration has done it again. After saying in December that no Club can have 2 teams in the same division, they have put Glenunga's 2 x U16 Girls teams in the Div 1 competition. Not only that, they've instructed the Club that the teams MUST be 2 equal sides, not an 'A' and a 'B'. After dominating the U15 competition last season, you'd have thought that the SANFL Jr Henley Sharks would be wanting to find a Club that could at least try and challenge them. Interestingly, Henley's second U16 team is in Div 3.....
MoP
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:44 am

I heard last night that the SANFL Jnrs informed at the online team managers meeting that all sides volunteers must have WWCC and be registered in PlayHQ - goal umpires, boundary, water carriers etc etc?

A week out from the season it's causing us headaches - we traditionally have a roster for parents to rotate through roles like goal umpires and boundary umpires.

I mean it's not the end world, but little more notice would be good.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4003 times

Postby MoP » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:59 am

The Bedge wrote:I heard last night that the SANFL Jnrs informed at the online team managers meeting that all sides volunteers must have WWCC and be registered in PlayHQ - goal umpires, boundary, water carriers etc etc?

A week out from the season it's causing us headaches - we traditionally have a roster for parents to rotate through roles like goal umpires and boundary umpires.

I mean it's not the end world, but little more notice would be good.

That must be new, my understanding was that it was just the coaches and team managers that needed the WWCC.
MoP
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:12 am

MoP wrote:That must be new, my understanding was that it was just the coaches and team managers that needed the WWCC.

Was only announced last night at the online team managers meeting (second hand info, I didn't dial in).

Coaches
Team Managers
Ground Marshalls
Runners
Goal Umpires
Boundary Umpires
First Aid / Trainers
The Bedge
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

The Bedge wrote:
MoP wrote:That must be new, my understanding was that it was just the coaches and team managers that needed the WWCC.

Was only announced last night at the online team managers meeting (second hand info, I didn't dial in).

Coaches
Team Managers
Ground Marshalls
Runners
Goal Umpires
Boundary Umpires
First Aid / Trainers

that sounds like a terrible idea.

im usually happy to help out, take a turn doing one of the above jobs, but not every week. are they expecting literally all parents to be registered? cos in that case im not interested.

ive already got a valid WWCC, but id be stuffed if i knew where it was, and im not paying for another one just so i can goal umpire a couple of times in the season.

whats the penalty if someone fills a role and isnt registered? and who is checking on game day that all teh above are compliant? seems like pointless busy work
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 am

tipper wrote:whats the penalty if someone fills a role and isnt registered? and who is checking on game day that all teh above are compliant? seems like pointless busy work

Not sure what the penalty is, but all the names are supposed to be listed on the team sheet apparently and then they can audit from there i guess.

It's dumb though, made my mrs register last night as a volunteer so she can do ground marshall - and then when you go into the system you just manually type the name anyway.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby tipper » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:15 am

stuff it. guess ill just stick to volunteering to do the bbq at home games then. although they will probably want a safe food handling certificate or something for that next
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:40 pm

SANFL clubs cant even fill in some of there team sheets correctly, they right them on by hand, not from a drop down box
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:56 pm

Seems my info was incorrect - only volunteers who have more than 4 points of contact i.e. 4+ games per season require WWCC.

As of 2025 all Ground Marshalls will require one + rego
The Bedge
Coach

Postby MoP » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:Seems my info was incorrect - only volunteers who have more than 4 points of contact i.e. 4+ games per season require WWCC.

So, just to confirm, TM's can't get any parent to help out more than 3 times in the season??
MoP
Rookie

Postby The Bedge » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:15 pm

MoP wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Seems my info was incorrect - only volunteers who have more than 4 points of contact i.e. 4+ games per season require WWCC.

So, just to confirm, TM's can't get any parent to help out more than 3 times in the season??

For people that require a Working with Children Check (WWC) what is 4 or more touch points with children?

* 4 or more touch points is essentially someone who volunteers for a role (eg Goal umpire, boundary umpire, runner, Ground Marshall etc) for more than 4 days in a season. We understand many clubs and team operate on a roster basis, which is fine and people who are only involved in a couple games for example would not be required to obtain a WWC.

* Someone who has regular contact with children will require a WWC as per the SANFL Member Protection Policy.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League