4%
Westminster OS
4%

Total votes : 70

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 3 - 2017

by mighty hounds » Wed May 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Suri wrote:Should be a good sized crowd at Brighton on Saturday for the top of the table clash. Is it going to be a close game like the 2009 Rd 14 Saints v Geelong top of the table clash or will it be like the Crows v Richmond thumping few weeks ago?

Looking forward to the match Suri, be a good test to see how we compare to a club that believe they should be in div 2.

And what makes you think that Mighty Hounds. We were offered the opportunity to come into Div 3 in 2017 and gratefully accepted without any views on our status as a Div 3 club. Plenty of SA Footy contributors from other AdFL clubs and SFL clubs have offered their own opinions but we are taking nothing for granted and just enjoying playing clubs and ovals we have never played. You would be well aware that a Div 3 team won its first 7 games last season, finished the minor round 2nd, but still find themselves in Div 3 this year. That club has done us all a favour by reminding us that it's what you do in August and September that counts.

I don't think you need reminding from Flinders Park about performing when it counts after witnessing Brighton bombing out over the last few seasons during September
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

by The Big Shrek » Thu May 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Suri wrote:Should be a good sized crowd at Brighton on Saturday for the top of the table clash. Is it going to be a close game like the 2009 Rd 14 Saints v Geelong top of the table clash or will it be like the Crows v Richmond thumping few weeks ago?

Looking forward to the match Suri, be a good test to see how we compare to a club that believe they should be in div 2.

And what makes you think that Mighty Hounds. We were offered the opportunity to come into Div 3 in 2017 and gratefully accepted without any views on our status as a Div 3 club. Plenty of SA Footy contributors from other AdFL clubs and SFL clubs have offered their own opinions but we are taking nothing for granted and just enjoying playing clubs and ovals we have never played. You would be well aware that a Div 3 team won its first 7 games last season, finished the minor round 2nd, but still find themselves in Div 3 this year. That club has done us all a favour by reminding us that it's what you do in August and September that counts.

I have a friend who runs a screenprinting shop. 100% guarantees me that Brighton have starting designing premiership merchandise.

Apparently because of their big member base there is some money to be made and they want it to look good/sell well.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 367 times

by Look Good In Leather » Thu May 11, 2017 2:15 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

I have a friend who runs a screenprinting shop. 100% guarantees me that Brighton have starting designing premiership merchandise.

Apparently because of their big member base there is some money to be made and they want it to look good/sell well.

DTH is always very organised
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

by Down the Hill » Thu May 11, 2017 5:58 pm

I don't think you need reminding from Flinders Park about performing when it counts after witnessing Brighton bombing out over the last few seasons during September[/quote]

Bombing out would be a straight sets exit in most peoples book. Last year we finished minor round in 3rd, won our first final then got eliminated in a Prelim. The year before we also finished minor round in 3rd, then went LWW in the first 3 weeks of finals before getting hammered in the GF. Disappointing not to win a flag in one of those years but hardly bombing out as you put it. And Big Shrek, either all your friends have very long noses or Big Shrek is code for another term with the initials BS. LGIL and Vics01, appreciate your input you s--t stirrers. Our home crowds have been very good so far. Triple headers with the C grade is proving a big winner and certainly helps boost crowd numbers plus a better atmosphere from when the B grade commences which used to be missing in our former SAAFL life.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 285 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

by mighty hounds » Thu May 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
The Big Shrek wrote:

DTH is always very organised

Always a good trait for a Pres ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

by Down the Hill » Thu May 11, 2017 10:28 pm

Nice try MH but no cigar. I hope to catch up with you on Saturday for a beer.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

by mighty hounds » Thu May 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Nice try MH but no cigar. I hope to catch up with you on Saturday for a beer.

We've met before, do you remember? didn't really want to expose you though ;)
mighty hounds
Coach

by vics01 » Thu May 11, 2017 10:34 pm

DTH your usually very good memory has slipped since you left the real footy league..
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

by thegrowler » Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:

You shoulda got that friend to play for your club when you were losing games of footy by 70 goals Shrek.
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

by Down the Hill » Fri May 12, 2017 12:33 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Nice try MH but no cigar. I hope to catch up with you on Saturday for a beer.

We've met before, do you remember? didn't really want to expose you though ;)

I've worked it out MH. Forgot what you called yourself on here and had no idea you made your way to Flinders Park. I notice you haven't played this season. Couldn't FP squeeze you in to their salary cap!!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

by Fricky » Sat May 13, 2017 5:08 pm

I hear Brighton are doing it easy over FP, 7 gls up.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

by Dutchy » Sat May 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Suri wrote:I hear Brighton are doing it easy over FP, 7 gls up.

Nearest competition?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2329 times
Been liked: 3542 times

by mighty hounds » Sun May 14, 2017 6:37 pm

Suri wrote:I hear Brighton are doing it easy over FP, 7 gls up.

Credit to Brighton, their pressure was top notch and had the game under control by half time. It was probably the angriest I'd seen Kenners at a quarter break and the lads responded by outscoring Brighton in the last. Too little to late though
mighty hounds
Coach

by Down the Hill » Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 pm

A day like yesterday at Brighton Oval certainly justifies our decision to re-join the AdFL. Good crowd, competitive footy in all 3 games and played in good spirits other than a couple of minor skirmishes in the main game. We needed to bring our best against a quality opponent and I thought our middle
quarters were the best footy we have played this season. Another big game this week against Plympton who are a bit unlucky to be 3-3. We just need to negotiate yet another Div 3 ground which runs the wrong way!!
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

by LaughingKookaburra » Sun May 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I reckon you could lose one of your rare games lost this year next week DTH. That will be a belter of a match!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

by Wilbur » Sun May 14, 2017 10:38 pm

Down the Hill wrote:A day like yesterday at Brighton Oval certainly justifies our decision to re-join the AdFL. Good crowd, competitive footy in all 3 games and played in good spirits other than a couple of minor skirmishes in the main game. We needed to bring our best against a quality opponent and I thought our middle
quarters were the best footy we have played this season. Another big game this week against Plympton who are a bit unlucky to be 3-3. We just need to negotiate yet another Div 3 ground which runs the wrong way!!

Seaton would be the only other?

Very impressive win v Flinders Park, although not unexpected.
Wilbur

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times

by Down the Hill » Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 pm

Wilbur wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:A day like yesterday at Brighton Oval certainly justifies our decision to re-join the AdFL. Good crowd, competitive footy in all 3 games and played in good spirits other than a couple of minor skirmishes in the main game. We needed to bring our best against a quality opponent and I thought our middle

Glandore is more East-West than North-South and it's hard to work out what direction Walkerville runs but it's not true North-South.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

by Footy Chick » Mon May 15, 2017 10:07 am

Down the Hill wrote:
Wilbur wrote:

Glandore is more East-West than North-South and it's hard to work out what direction Walkerville runs but it's not true North-South.

Walkerville isn't even close to north-south :lol:

I'd lean east-west (or if you want to be more particular, maybe lean towards southwest to northeast)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1740 times
Been liked: 2148 times

by Fricky » Mon May 15, 2017 10:51 am

Footy Chick wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:
Wilbur wrote:

Walkerville isn't even close to north-south :lol:

I'd lean east-west (or if you want to be more particular, maybe lean towards southwest to northeast)

FWIW, this is from the council and shows how the oval faces
Attachments
walkerville.png
(474.45 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

by Footy Chick » Mon May 15, 2017 11:02 am

Whaaaaaaat? Nooooooooo.

Wow, that's deceiving.... (I still think it's more northeast than north though)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1740 times
Been liked: 2148 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League